WHICH Community Guidelines?

Qie Niangao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it just a simple oversight that the "Community Guidelines" at the top right corner (next to "My Settings") still points to the old blogorum discussion guidelines?

Elsewhere (e.g., under "Announcements" on the right column, whenever the layout chooses to grace you with that text) it points to the new Community Participation Guidelines... which I presume is what's currently in effect.

The former link was confusing to at least one poster "across the street" who took it to mean that the old policy was still in effect that allowed for in-world account suspensions, etc., to result from Jive infractions, which linkage Amanda removed for the new Community platform in a clarifying comment to the blog announcement.

I'd noticed that too and wasn't sure whether it was intentional or not.

There is a message at the top of the old guidlines saying they will be suceeded by the new guidelines with a link, but not sure why they haven't just linked directly to the new guidelines.

Wow! Which community GUIDELINES??? I'm not even sure what COMMUNITY this is.... Jeesh! I turn my back a couple of months and it's major make-over time. This IS Second Life, isn't it? What happened to the old forms I loved to hate to love to hate? Now I'm scared to actually log into SL. It does still exist, doesn't it?

Give them time to get their house in order. It must be difficult for Lexie to break in a new set of mods who don't yet understand the culture or have a feel for the history of the forums. But they are showing initiative - they have even invented a new violation. **POSSIBLE HARASSMENT** Cato

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Wow! Which community GUIDELINES??? I'm not even sure what COMMUNITY this is.... Jeesh! I turn my back a couple of months and it's major make-over time. This IS Second Life, isn't it? What happened to the old forms I loved to hate to love to hate? Now I'm scared to actually log into SL. It does still exist, doesn't it?

Ohh 'tis the auld fa... erm I mean the always delightful Ms Franizzi - nice to see your most lustrous avi gracing the forums once again. :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.