Finish this sentence: "Second Life is a shared experience and . . ."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think that JIRA was closed simply because it is incorrect.

The SL Viewer does not revert to default windlight settings after relog. It keeps the windlight you had before you logged off. If you have problems with windlight reverting, it's either a corrupted preferences file or you may have accidentally changed the debug setting for it at some point.

ChinRey wrote:

The SL Viewer does not revert to default windlight settings after relog. It keeps the windlight you had before you logged off. If you have problems with windlight reverting, it's either a corrupted preferences file or you may have accidentally changed the debug setting for it at some point.

The JIRA was about the current Maintenance viewer where that behavior has been changed from the current release viewer - also, the current release viewer doesn't have a debug setting at all for that attribute. Thank you for playing though...

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

ChinRey wrote:

The JIRA was about the current Maintenance viewer where that behavior has been changed from the current release viewer - also, the current release viewer doesn't have a debug setting at all for that attribute. Thank you for playing though...

Keep up, ChinRey!

[This is General Discussion NOT the Technical forum.]

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

The JIRA was about the current Maintenance viewer where that behavior has been changed from the current release viewer - also, the current release viewer doesn't have a debug setting at all for that attribute

Aha, that explains it. Intresting that they suddenly start talking about shared experience now though, I thought that idea was long dead and buried. Even more interesting that they do it with such a minor little detail rather than take on the big reasons why SL isn't shared epxerience anymore.

LlazarusLlong wrote

Keep up, ChinRey!

But you give us way too many options to choose from, Llazarus!...

How about "Second Life is a shared experience and the pope is an atheist."

Is that too obscure?

(Edit: for those who don't know who or what the pope and/or an atheist is, just google it and you'll find the Answer. As my mother always said: Second Life is a shared experience and everything you read on the internet is true.)

Venus Petrov wrote:

But..but...there are some with whom I would prefer to NOT share it.

You're not alone there, Venus. Lots of people come to SL because they want to build their own little personal dreamworld. That's great and it's what SL has to offer these days anyway. The shared experience idea died long ago and would need a lot more than this silly little cosmetic change to be revitalized.

But you know, LL could actually have offered both and kept everybody happy. Say they had one big continuos grid - let's call it "mainland" - for those who wanted the shared experience and then also offered space for people to create smaller private virtual worlds - "islands" might be a good name for them. I know it sounds like a crazy idea but I think it would have been possible to do it that way if they had thought of it a few years back.

Edit: Woops forgot the actual topic of this thread: Second Life is a shared experience and guaranteed bugfree.

ChinRey wrote:

How about "Second Life is a shared experience and the pope is an atheist."

ChinRey wrote:
 Second Life is a shared experience and guaranteed bugfree.

ChinRey wrote:

Second Life is a shared experience and everything you read on the internet is true.

That's MUCH better! We need more cynics realists here in GD.

wasnt Grumpity one of the guys who originally brought us V2 ??

i think he was? maybe?

but anyways that was an experience well worth sharing (:

+

i just add another something to the list

you have a LH or a mainland. Your RL TZ puts you into your LH in the SL nighttime when you login at your regular RL time. You work out how to turn the SL light on. Is good this bc you get to turn it on everytime you log in once you worked it out the first time. Is good bc you saving the planet by not wasting electricity by leave the lights on when you logoff

+

however

apparently there is a Debug Setting that allows you to have the light persist. Thats good yes. Takes away another thing that clutters up the viewer UI. and just chuck it in the Debug bin along with the other zillion things stuffed in there

Decluttering the UI is a good thing. Dont even need a UI really when you think about it. Like can just put everything in the Debug bin. Be pretty cool that. Zero being the new minimal

unless Grumpity goes: hmm! best to save even more power and we turn that debug setting off as well. bc sharing is good for us

specially them who login in the SL dark in their LH bc of their RL TZ. Obviously they can easy resolve this more than LL can. Like they can just easy move to another RL country where is SL daytime when they login to their LH or mainland on their regular time

"Second Life is a shared experience and" you shall accept the time of day and Windlight what the viewer shows you by default. You shall not override region Windlight setting by tampering with Windlight settings.
:smileysurprised:

Things like below would be history:

Avatar 1: Look how beautiful sunset!
Avatar 2: What sunset? I cannot see any.
Avatar 2: It's midday, no sunset.
Avatar 2: Oh sorry, I had set the time to midday.
Avatar 1: I see. I was thinking we would share this experience. :smileysad:

"Second Life is a shared experience and" you will use gaming grade computer with ultra graphics settings. Thus you all will see the same thing.
:smileysurprised:

The added bonus is that all the useless whining and complaining like "my computer cannot handle Second Life properly, do something!" will finally be history.

:smileytongue:

Second Life is a shared experience and . . .

. . . and so I will share anything you say in IM's to me in open chat :)

Second Life is a shared experience and . . .

. . . and so I will share with you the lag caused by my fitted mesh scarf that has 25,000 polygons and 30 scripts :).

Coby Foden wrote:

Avatar 1: I see. I was thinking we would share this experience. :smileysad:

Avatar 3: i have such a lovely shadow

Avatar 3: my shadow! is so lovely

Avatar 3: you are sooo unfriended

eta  3 even

(:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.