A Secularist Wishes You a Merry Christmas

LaskyaClaren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Merry Christmas from an old fashioned Christian!

You must have a very different concept than I of that which constitutes old fashioned Christianity.  I mean, when was the last time you tortured someone until they converted or burned someone at the stake for supposedly being a witch?

...Dres (Of course, that doesn't mean that there currently aren't God fearing Christians who actively advocate my being put to death because of my sexual orientation.)

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Never really understood the ukelele. I look forward to being educated about its charms. :-)

Like everything, it has to do with style. You gotta have style.

It's hard to beat that clip for style, Dil. That really is the essense of Uke.

But the Uke has other charms...

I was thinking of putting in an Israel clip, Maddy, but it seemed impossible to me that Laskya or anyone else wouldn't have heard that by now. It's another one of those that, should you come upon it in progress, you stop what you're doing and dawdle 'til it ends.

And yeah, that 'Meatballs' clip is hard to beat. One of my favorite scenes. I was going to say Happy Solstice, pagan that I am, but that reminded me of Dar William's song. I can't think of a more appropriate time to share it.

The spirit of the holidays to all of you.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Merry Christmas from an old fashioned Christian!

You must have a very different concept than I of that which constitutes old fashioned Christianity. 

I do :-)

Well, if the way you conduct yourself on a regular basis is any sort of accurate example of what it truly means to be an old fashioned Christian, it's my sincere wish that more Christians immediately start becoming more old fashioned.

smiley-hug008.gif

...Dres

From a totally non-sequitur part of the Galaxy...

Opening Presents.jpg

From a Seasonal Carol not from these parts...

"..and tomorrow you'll see Every wish, one and all, waiting under the tree.."

P.S. This is what happens when you drink too much EggSnog the night before Christmas...

and now we return you to our local newscast...

Never Drink & Drive

• Like 1

As I do not follow any religion or think that any higher being (if there is one) cares about my daily life...I just enjoyed the traditional things, that have always been there (no matter what religion people followed over the centuries). So I hope everyone had a nicely decorated christmas tree, a comfortable time at home and some nice food and presents :matte-motes-delicious:

• 2 years later...

And Happy SantaClaus day to you as well!!

Never had use for the whole Jesus mythology myself.  But I do groove on the Santa ruse,  and the whole ‘get together with family and hang out’ thing.  So using Christmas as an excuse to party and give each other stuff works for me.

I’m sure many non theists enjoy the holiday as well for the same reasons.  

And a Happy New Year as well!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.