Strengthening the SL Community (revisited)

Quinn Morani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I couldn't agree more, Quinn. I've said before in the thread that I've become friends of or friendly with people I first really 'learned' about here. And like you I would love to see more people bring their stories here.

But mostly I just noticed my post count at 499 and I couldn't think of better place to watch it go to 500. I know it's not an accurate number but it will still be fun to watch the change right here among so many of my friends.

:smileyhappy:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

But mostly I just noticed my post count at 499 and I couldn't think of better place to watch it go to 500. I know it's not an accurate number but it will still be fun to watch the change right here among so many of my friends.

:smileyhappy:

Congrats on hitting 500 (or now, as I see, 503) posts!

I shared on the original foryum Quinn, but I'm afraid I've rather disappeared since that forum did. For the record I'm now in a nice little house in a nice little NJ town that actually has a main street that sells things you might want to buy! So many 'upmarket' NJ towns have shops selling useless stuff. I've never understood the idea of a 'gift shop'. It seems to me it's a shop where you buy things you don't want yourself, but you're gonna give them to other people. :>)

The house is taking shape, the wood panelling is going and it's beginning to look quite nice. The people at Home Depot now know me by name and get the kettle on as soon as they see me.

I gotta get back to my second life though...

Lia, of course a new home takes priority. I'm so glad to hear that things are taking shape with it. Sounds like you like the area you've landed in, too. That's great news all around.

You've definitely been missed around here. I sure hope to see more of you as your time permits!

Quinn Morani wrote:

Lia, of course a new home takes priority. I'm so glad to hear that things are taking shape with it. Sounds like you like the area you've landed in, too. That's great news all around.

You've definitely been missed around here. I sure hope to see more of you as your time permits!

That is one of the things that is so great about the friendships forming here.  We can see that our stories are ever changing.  We are adding new chapters every day, so there is always something else that can be contributed.  Just like Lia's move!  It is a new chapter in her life.  Our old stories have brought us this far, and the new additions carry us forward. 

• Like 1

I just popped back in here to have a look. Nice to see it back where it belongs in Make Friends. As I read through the story's I reflected on the fact of how they were entered with genuine feelings from the respective posters. Having also met and chatted with a great many, I feel the sincerity.

To journey through SL with the constant worry that the person you are engaged with is something other than what is presented to you is just as limiting as it is to exist that way in RL.

Let your own common sense prevail, it always better than a third party opinion.

Let the thread continue, woot:)

DQ Darwin wrote:

You are so right, Dee. Even if your opinion turns out to have been wrong and you have to take your lumps, that is still much better than hurting someone, or missing what might have been a relationship, because you took a third party's opinion.

• Like 1

So true, Dee. I'd much rather think the best in others than the worst. There is nothing appealing to me about living in a constant state of suspicion about people or their motives. Sure, some might call that naive, but if I lived by any other philosophy, I'd have missed out on the opportunity to get to know some very cool friends.

• Like 1

• 9 years later...
On 4/28/2011 at 12:03 PM, Lillie Woodells said:

Quinn Morani wrote:

That is one of the things that is so great about the friendships forming here.  We can see that our stories are ever changing.  We are adding new chapters every day, so there is always something else that can be contributed.  Just like Lia's move!  It is a new chapter in her life.  Our old stories have brought us this far, and the new additions carry us forward. 

On 5/6/2011 at 5:08 PM, DQ Darwin said:

I just popped back in here to have a look. Nice to see it back where it belongs in Make Friends. As I read through the story's I reflected on the fact of how they were entered with genuine feelings from the respective posters. Having also met and chatted with a great many, I feel the sincerity.

To journey through SL with the constant worry that the person you are engaged with is something other than what is presented to you is just as limiting as it is to exist that way in RL.

Let the thread continue, woot:)

oh yeah! keep it going!

Behind the avatar, eh?.... Alright...

I had something massively long written...  but, I'll sum it up.

Use to be Lavaliere Resident, Name became sour after leaving the MLP;FIM fandom due to it's toxicity and an exboyfriend.  Didn't really become active again till talk of name changes came up and jumped on it once I came up with a name that rolls smoothly off the tongue with a sense of whimsical melancholy.    I'm autistic with a dash of dyslexia in both spelling/grammar and verbal, it's frustrating to say the least,  I'm also an insomniac which has always been a thing since I was a child due to the whole brain wiring not like everyone elses thing.

I'm a writer, nothing really published yet but I'm working on a compilation of erotic shorts,  first one is based off a personal experience but with how I have it written it won't be viewed that way.. it's been good therapy for me.   I actually use to be here on SL a long time ago, but that was when I was a minor and the grids were split, us home-schooled kids who were given a computer a computer to keep them from being annoying to their family....  But, with time also went the account.  it was back when you can have a free account, but if you deactivated it - it would cost 10USD$ to reactivate it.

Never really had a privileged life, anything I got was always second hand, once one of my sister's had kids I got shoved aside and ignored  till an event that left them in foster care to be adopted and me with PTSD... but that's a story for therapy that I'm still working through.

Edited by Eseme Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.