What ruins sl1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Six Igaly wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

That's the price we pay for joining the cult.

LOL

Well till some versions back (Firestorm) I could not set Advanced Lightning without crashing. That has improved now for sure. I use FS sometimes especially for taking pictures most of the time, because of all the settings available. And yet somehow I just can't get the feel with SL as I have with V3..weird maybe..but for me a fact :-).

I'm so rarely in-world these days that I can't get the feel of any viewer. Last week, I had to pause a moment to remember how to fly!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI i am just a voyeur/noob who shouldnt even be making comments here, but i feel that this thread is very special and should be preserved in some sort of time capsul / secret archive of some sort  ...  ok i am slowly backing away now and i think it is time for my nap . :matte-motes-evil: 

.0129_.jpg

joal Oddenfen wrote:

it is my understanding that she was never banned by the lindens, in fact harry linden logged as her for a few days and the word was that she was banned from the forum for her own protection,

LOL deluded much? hmm (p.s. congratulations on your self appointed promotion to generalisimo of egotistics)

joal Oddenfen wrote:

if you dont know who DCS is then dont comment and dont make personal remarks, I DO REPORT

She has every right to comment on anything you post on a public forum, so do you. Report her? for what?

While this thread is somewhat entertaining, I have a strong suspicion that you are another fine example of someone with too much time on their hands who enjoys playing the "defend a ridiculous statement on a popular forum" game. None of your arguments has any credibility in my opinion and your combative attitude would render any answers I have for your OP as useless, you wont bother to acknowledge any other opinion but your own anyway. p.s. have a nice digital day. :smileywink:

I did not notice any particularly guilt ridden replies to your accusations of wrongdoing for something you seem to have second hand knowlege of that happened some time ago....

You say only came to applaud the new version of sl and what you imagine it could be, but it seems more like you came to stir up feelings and didn't succeed very well. 

About the banning.  Am I correct in assuming you have some first hand experience in being banned?  No wonder you'd like to see effective banning tools taken away.

joal Oddenfen wrote:

Hi, no i have left sl1, might look at sl2 when it comes, but i find sl1 only has the mentaly ill left, all the good people have gone.

Your comment stings so! woe is me!, I'll just curl up in a corner now and suck my thumb! pass the worms please!

joal Oddenfen wrote:

Hi, no i have left sl1, might look at sl2 when it comes, but i find sl1 only has the mentaly ill left, all the good people have gone.

Ouch.

I wouldn't mind finding some of the following people in SL1 or SL2.

http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=Helpline1&template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=4858

I am sad to see this thread has degenerated into personal comments.

Everyone in Second Life and in Real Life could, at any time, fall prone to mental health issues. Another reason why its better to try and be a bit more tolerant of others that share the world(s) in which we live - which, admittedly, can be very hard at times.

Marigold Devin wrote:

joal Oddenfen wrote:

Ouch.

I wouldn't mind finding some of the following people in SL1 or SL2.

I am sad to see this thread has degenerated into personal comments.

Everyone in Second Life and in Real Life could, at any time, fall prone to mental health issues. Another reason why its better to try and be a bit more tolerant of others that share the world(s) in which we live - which, admittedly, can be very hard at times.

Add Robin Williams to the list.

SL can sometimes seem a refuge for the distressed. If it's so, then we should be doubly tolerant.

ETA: distressed ain't the right word. SL is a refuge for more than that. Even if it's a refuge from RL for many, doesn't tolerance seem like a good idea?

joal Oddenfen wrote:

I find sl1 only has the mentaly ill left, all the good people have gone.

Came here for fun marigold, not to form a way of life but fun, it is no longer fun just a headach.

Joal, these unfounded characterizations you make, are they for fun, or are they a way of life?

Either way, I think you're doing it wrong.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.