have you ever just been exploring sims when you stumbled upon the perfect item for yours ???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so i was looking for boats still when in the distance i noticed a tower so curious i got closer and saw this 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Lighthouse-of-Duma-Key/3989767

and why is this perfect? while earlier while exploring the sim i live on with my SL parents i had found a hill over looking a lake and thought it would be perfect for a tower of some sort to be overlooking it and i had one in mind that could double as a tree house like thing and SL parents suggested a lighthouse this is basically both

this is perfect because it fits the landscape style i guess http://i.imgur.com/R5MpBTX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/STD2N3L.png

also it has 2 floors of useable space 

and its mod and copy so it can be resized to fit if the ground can't be 

so what have you found in your travels that you just loved and possibly even bought ?

What goes with me everywhere, is the cat sofa I bought after stumbling across one outside a house on a random sim where I landed during my first week in Second Life.  I like cats. I like sofas. This one purrs and lets me snuggle it without scratching me. Many a sofa I have owned has turned spiteful with springs and nails sticking up after a while - this one is always serene and accepting of my body. :)

16.12.07 Cat Store.jpg

12.12.07 big cat cuddles.jpg

cat at home.jpg

And its bird friendly too

bird friendly cat.jpg

Perfect these things are that we find in our virtual world, because someone else put them there and it gives us a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that we are connected to something bigger than just our little selves.

Splatulated wrote:

so i was looking for boats still when in the distance i noticed a tower so curious i got closer and saw this 

and why is this perfect? while earlier while exploring the sim i live on with my SL parents i had found a hill over looking a lake and thought it would be perfect for a tower of some sort to be overlooking it and i had one in mind that could double as a tree house like thing and SL parents suggested a lighthouse this is basically both

this is perfect because it fits the landscape style i guess 

so what have you found in your travels that you just loved and possibly even bought ?

Don't rezise that!!!  Make your land fit the house.. or buy one that fits your land. Resizing houses is a bad idea, most times the prims don't line up correctly afterwards, the doors are either too small or out of place, and the invisible prims on stairs are moved and you fall through.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

this is perfect because it fits the landscape style i guess 

Don't rezise that!!!  Make your land fit the house.. or buy one that fits your land. Resizing houses is a bad idea, most times the prims don't line up correctly afterwards, the doors are either too small or out of place, and the invisible prims on stairs are moved and you fall through.

its not my land to resize its rented by my SL parents im not even sure they can resize the land 

He is not talking about resizing land, because thats not possible. Drake says (and he is absolutly correct with that) that you should not resize the house, because you will screw it up that way. Find a house that fits on the land or get more land to fit a bigger house.

Syo Emerald wrote:

He is not talking about resizing land, because thats not possible. Drake says (and he is absolutly correct with that) that you should not resize the house, because you will screw it up that way. Find a house that fits on the land or get more land to fit a bigger house.

is other spots on land it could go i guess 

but if modifiable cant the insible prims just be removed and new ones placed in their stead 

its also copyable so screw it up it wont break forever

Splatulated wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

is other spots on land it could go i guess 

but if modifiable cant the insible prims just be removed and new ones placed in their stead 

its also copyable so screw it up it wont break forever

Of course you can try it, but seeing your history of troubles with simple things and the fact that its not a good idea for anybody ro resize a whole house, makes me think its nothing you should do.

Apart from the specifics of resizing a building and the risks involved, this is potentially an excellent general discussion thread. Probably Splat's best ever.

So to answer the question: yes! That's exactly how I find many of the things I choose to buy in SL. I don't see them in shops or on Marketplace, I find them 'in the wild'. Not just buldings, but also vehicles, landscaping, furniture, clothes and accessories. If it's not specific items to buy, it's ideas of how to build and arrange things. I am inspired by what I see others do.

Yes resizing multiple prim homes never works like you think it will. It messes with the door scripts, messes with the door sizing and often makes prims seem out of place. What you might try is to find a mesh lighthouse that consists of a single mesh (no idea if that exisits) that could be more easily resized. Might also come in at leas than 80 prims/LI.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.