can i make a mirror in this game ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dora Gustafson wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

No.

thats depressing 

why can this game make everything except a mirror D: ??

You can fake a mirror: sit and move the camera to look at you from the mirror image position

:smileysurprised:
:)
:smileyvery-happy:

You can also fake a shiny floor by duplicating the walls and objects in the room, flipping the copies upside down below the floor, then giving the floor a little transparency. Many years ago, I visited a store that had done this. The effect was very nice, and a bit ghostly, as avatars were not "reflected" in the floor.

Splatulated wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

No.

thats depressing 

why can this game make everything except a mirror D: ??

wait is there any other way to put water on a wall ?? 

yes, rotate the building 90 degrees so the wall is on the floor.  the give away is that when he edits the box the Z axis is 90 degrees from the floor, and the Z coordinates are just above the level of water, all so note the avatar never moves, because its sitting on the floor to make it look as if it's standing on the ground.

Not like in real life, no.  There are dressing tables and similar items that are scripted to make it look like you are reflected, but they just place your avatar within the mirror space of the furniture (they're pretty cool though).

Linden water is the only place where you can get a reflection. I had a play around a few years ago in a Linden-owned waterland sim. Playing with the water and lighting settings, instead of always having my world's sun time set to midday.

It was fun.

I seem to remember Linden Lab experimented with real reflections on shiny surfaces a few years ago.  I don't know if they would have been good enough to reflect an avatar realistically in a mirror, but (and correct me if I'm wrong) nothing seems to have resulted from that short-lived experiment yet.

As things are, you can make a flat silvery, shiny surface that looks like a mirror, but it only vaguely reflects ligher and darker, giving the impression of sky and ground.

phaedra Exonar wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Ooooh, I'd forgotten about mirror water! And that method is double fun. Who doesn't like walking on walls?

I've often thought about building sideways in a sim because the buildable foot print would be 256x4096m.

Cool. Now we would need only a way to rotate the gravity and this would be perfect.  :matte-motes-big-grin: :matte-motes-wink:

Coby Foden wrote:

phaedra Exonar wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Ooooh, I'd forgotten about mirror water! And that method is double fun. Who doesn't like walking on walls?

I've often thought about building sideways in a sim because the buildable foot print would be 256x4096m.

Cool. Now we would need only a way to rotate the gravity and this would be perfect.  :matte-motes-big-grin: :matte-motes-wink:

I'm thinking some kind of vehicle with the sit target rotated, and an attraction to the x or y axis, or to the outer edges of the sim, would be the place to start experimenting.  The sky and moon might look off, which might be fun too.  I'm surprised some one hasn't tried this yet it's like getting the foot print area of 16 sims for the price of one :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.