European Parliament

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

users create whatever they please in this world, some may want to make government buildings, some want to create surreal places that come only from their imagination, some would try to mimic real life places, it seems nobody wants to make an Europan parlament replica yet.

if you want to see the European parliament, you are invited to create it.

Almost all content of Second Life is created by it's users. The hype over Second Life is over. Finished are the days when countries made virtual embassies in SL, universities had their campuses there and companies held meetings of build showrooms. Today it's all about individuals building stuff because they want to create. 

If you see a replica of a real life monument it's most probably made by someone who

• Build it out of pride for his city or country without financial or technical help
  • Has a day job to pay rl bills
  • Spent countless hours of free time on it, usually sacrifing sleep.
  • Struggles to pay for the upkeep of the land where the monument is set. 

It's no surprise then that a lot of monuments are not in SL.

As for the European Parliament, the building in Brussels is probably interesting for experts in modern architecture but it's not extraordinary. Personally I think the Berlaymont building and the residence palace are more interesting as are a few new buildings that are under construction in the European neighborhood. I can't talk about the one in Strassbourg.  Although the european institutions are important, they are not an object of national pride like the Eifel Tower or the Brandenburger gate. The chances of someone taking up the task to build a replica of the European Parliament are there fore close to zero.

However if you do a search for Bruxelles, you'll find a replica of the Grand Place, which is way more interesting.  

AlexandreLois1 wrote:

I
wanted to see
the European Parliament
There is no such
place.
That can not be
!
Can someone explain
?

Maybe you're thinking of this?

Citzalia - EU Parliament's Virtual World (not the official site, which no longer exists)

It never had anything to do with Second Life other than an attempt to grab a few interest points with headlines, and it was (predictably) canned once the VW boom died down.

maybe the European Parliament building does exist in SL, you just have to find it, it seems people in the forums haven't seen it, because the world of Second Life is too big, but  i can give you some other ways to help you find it, you can ask in groups that are European related if someone has build it, or have intentions to do so, also you can use search in the viewer to look for it, another way may be to explore places related to Europe and ask people in it. hopefully some person will take you to it.

I think I've seen it somewhere.  It was a huge monolithic building filled with surly people from all over.  They spent their days cursing and calling you name out of one side of their mouth, while pleading for money out of the other side.

Oh, sorry my mistake. That was the United Nations.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.