problem with connecting from iran using vpn to by pass filters...

00jamesbond007

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi fellas. its been a year im in iran and im trying to play second life from here and i use vpn to pass closed network because i heared this game too is banned here!

problem is when i logging in after it writes regoin handshake ... i get a problem that i cant conncet to game. so what is my options if i want to join here? do i have to forget about it? or there is a way?

i tried to use proxy and socks fields in options and it didnt worked also. is there any members from this place maybe they can teach me how to bypass it!

10 answers to this question

Masterinsoftware said, "brotherly advice : DO NOT Turn Win Firewall OFF , even if U C the hint from SL to do it , cause they want to access to your personal data and crash your G-card

to keep your G card safe from SL's G card crasher follow the Video :"

Pardon me, but this is whacked on several levels.  True, you should not turn your firewall off, except possibly briefly for troubleshooting.  However, Linden Lab does not recommend disabling your firewall.  Secondly, Linden Lab does NOT "want to access your personal data" or crash your graphics card.  There ARE such things as graphics crashers, but they are neither helped nor hindered by a firewall.  They are used by griefers to cause problems for others, and they work by putting a texture that has a complexity in the millions into your field of view.  One easy way to protect against such tricks is to go to Me/Preferences/Graphics, and set your Complexity slider to anything lower than "unlimited".  Changing the RenderAutoMuteSurfaceAreaLimit setting will not help you defend against these attacks.

However, all of that has nothing at all to do with whatever is keeping someone from logging in to SL from Iran, or any VPN problems they may be having.  Nor will a clean install of the viewer help this situation.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, MiakisTheUsagi said:

Isn't making a false and libelous claim like that a violation of Linden Lab TOS?

I'm not sure (s)he even blames LL on wanting to crash our GPUs - I still hope it is just a major language barrier problem - but judging from previous posts of same user I have to doubt it's only that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

salam mellate Azize persian & baradaran & khaharaye mohtaram ;) 

it is common problem and it doesn't relate to your location or ISP and it was mine , but i fixed it

here i wanna to help u how  I could fix it IN SL VIEWER LAUNCHER :)

first of all ,  try Psiphone'S latest Version by the below URL

https://s3.amazonaws.com/psiphon/web/mjr4-p23r-puwl/en/download.html#direct

second : if your Psiphone is OK , so just try another location to log in if U have SL Viewer

third : be 4 every thing clear all of your caches in your Computer by the below pattern :open SL VIEWER >>>me>>>>>Preferences>>>>>> Advanced>>>>>>select all of the text in the cache location and copy it>>>>> paste it in your my computer's LONG search bar where U can C computer logo and be sure that u do NOT mistake it with the SERCH COMPUTER BAR»»»»»»»»»»»  shift del all of them from R- bin.

brotherly advice : DO NOT Turn Win Firewall OFF , even if U C the hint from SL to do it , cause they want to access to your personal data and crash your G-card

to keep your G card safe from SL's G card crasher follow the Video :

forth :if after those three previous hints , still U have problem , reinstall SL viewer after unistalling it by REGESTRY and shift del all caches and files related S.L and re start your modem and even your win

if still any problem U can let me know or go to the below address :

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Wish U the best

sincerly to my Persian bro and sis who wait 4 Persian'S  glorious technical future Progress till we will be At the climax

YA ALI 

KHODA NEGAHDAR

:SwingingFriends:

Edited by masterinsoftware
Adding Fairwell :)
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.