Premium Accounts and Land

Occidite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm considering buying land. I know that you need a premium account to purchase land, but what if it your membership were to expire? Or what if you ended your membership intentionally? Would you lose your property? Or would everything remain fine and dandy? :matte-motes-delicious:

You cannot downgrade your membership until all your land holdings are back to none. So in effect, you cannot drop (downgrade) your premium membership and lose your land. It will warn you or inform you of this fact. Also you must goto your account page (Dashboard) and goto your Land Management settings and check which tier you were set to and it must be reticked for $0.00 tier and saved before that will take effect or you could be charged tier still even though you do not hold  land inworld.

Just to add another option - you can have a Basic (free) account and rent mainland, or estate land for that matter but you were asking about owning mainland.  I have lived on the same mainland sim for the majority of my time in SL.  Part of that time I was Premium and owned (rented from LL) parcels; for the last three years or so I've had a Basic account and rent a parcel on the same sim from another resident.

Meant to also mention that when you go Premium, You receive the option to take a 512sqm Linden Home for free OR you can buy the land  (512 Sqm^) from another resident on mainland and not pay tier as long as you stay at the 512 allotment. If you go over that 512Sqm though, you will then need to select the appropriate Tier level for the alloted ammount (8195Sqm = $40.00 per month Tier leve, not included with the $10.00 membership fee as well). And it can be worth looking into buying for Group option. You can in effect recieve a Prim allotment bonus with this but affets parcels over 512sqm only I believe. You can also contribute that tier to other groups if you so wish. See more on Groups and options as well.

It doesnt matter really,  see title " Premium Accounts and Land"

Premium accounts always have a 512 land allotment and that is covered, and another poster stated the option of Basic (free) so we're all good.

Just some of the highlights have been covered regarding Premium accounts( which includes access to Premium only areas, extended support, 300L stipend weekly , gifts. and then there is the land). Since the two questions were in the title together, one assumes that theOP is asking for information on these primary features.

Occidite wrote:

I'm considering buying land. I know that you need a premium account to purchase land, but what if it your membership were to expire? Or what if you ended your membership intentionally? Would you lose your property? Or would everything remain fine and dandy? :matte-motes-delicious:

If you've got money enough spare, and wish to own land, then do it. If you regularly log into Second Life, it can become like a second home if you have your own land. However, as others have said, it can be just as good staying on basic membership and renting from other land owners.

Linden Lab can - and do - suspend accounts which are premium, but have insufficient funds to pay their tier fees. Its never worth it. Either make the decision to be premium and keep an eye on the date for when/if you decide to downgrade back to basic, or don't bother with all the hassle, and be a renter. I have not regretted down-grading to basic since last April.

Hunter Stern wrote:

It doesnt matter really
,  see title " Premium Accounts and Land"

Premium accounts always have a 512 land allotment and that is covered, and another poster stated the option of Basic (free) so we're all good.

Just some of the highlights have been covered regarding Premium accounts( which includes access to Premium only areas, extended support, 300L stipend weekly , gifts. and then there is the land). Since the two questions were in the title together, one assumes that theOP is asking for information on these primary features.

Well, yes, it does.  The OP writes:  "I know that you need a premium account to purchase land".  This is not true.  You do not need a premium account to purchase land.  I don't care what the title of the thread is if an assumption as written is incorrect.  I was addressing that bit but thank you for your comment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.