Hacker on Rampage on SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

<snip>

• Almost every rant in these forums is from people too inexperienced with SL to even realise
    LL doesn't read this

</snip>

As long as everyone else has been having fun with this, actually I believe that they do read.  I see Linden's logged in all the time.  What they don't do (with the exception of the Server and Merchant sub forums) is respond here.

I wouldn't even be surprised if someone didn't have to do a weekly report on the Forum for upper management.  Maybe a "fill in the blanks" form that includes sections such as:

Q.  What are the Residents talking about?

A.  Same old sh*t.

As a fairly regular forum contributor I'll take exception to your comment. In your first post to this thread you said, among other things: "Just sick of people making exuses for this hacker, that LL hasn't done a god damn thing about.".

Overlooking the spelling, nobody had 'made excuses' for the hacker up to the point of your post or anytime beyond it. Several people had suggested the victims might have done something stupid to become victims but nobody made excuses for the hacker. So phrase Number One in that statement is utterly and completely without a shred of credence.

The 'LL hasn't done a god damn thing about' has already been dealt with. The exploit has NOTHING to do with LInden Lab. This all has to do with people who use Skype. It all revolved around Skype users. To be perfectly honest, it's not Skype's problem either in my opinion: people do dumb things and it appears a lot of Skype users did so.

Don't blame your unhappiness at the responses you received on the forum. Blame it on the fact your argument was without merit.

• 3 months later...

Destiny Mynx wrote:

What are the best security scanners? I keep searching but when one says good another page says its not. Frustrating

It's the one between your ears.

And yes, I'm dead serious with that answer.

Now if you are looking for a security orb for your home, that is a different topic.

Perrie Juran wrote:

It's the one between your ears.

And yes, I'm dead serious with that answer.

I think Skype lost its amaaaazing magical ability to be virus free... umm... the day it went live. :matte-motes-silly:

Any file through any medium is an absolute threat.

Internet 101. :matte-motes-whistle:

• 10 months later...

See how seriously SL these issues?  It's not a safe game. They know it. They don't care. 

And they let people like this laugh at  people like this poster.

Thats an open invite for hackers. C'mon in, the place is wide open!!! Steal all you like as long as you don't 

mispell anything.  

I remember when Emerald  happened in SL.  SL caught with it's pants down. Google it. 

TrulyLovely Destiny wrote:

See how seriously SL these issues?  It's not a safe game. They know it. They don't care. 

And they let people like this laugh at  people like this poster.

Thats an open invite for hackers. C'mon in, the place is wide open!!! Steal all you like as long as you don't 

mispell anything.  

I remember when Emerald  happened in SL.  SL caught with it's pants down. Google it. 

Emerald was a 3rd party viewer..

I would say,SL users of that viewer at that time were caught with their pants down, rather than SL as a whole.

If they don't care about it why just doing a cursury search do I find at least SEVEN officail articles in the WIKI and Knowledge Base about keeping your account secure in Second Life?

mispell anything.  

The Open Invite is people who don't use any of the good sense God gave them.  Maybe we should require people to pass an exam on Safe Internet Practices before they are allowed to log in to SL.

I remember it also.  And it had nothing to do with anyone's account getting hacked.  That involved a Denial of Service attack that one of the people involved launched.

LInden Lab can care all day long but as long as people do foolish things there is nothing LL can do about it.

The official company name for Linden Lab is "Linden Research," not the "Linden Baby Sitting Service."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.