All my awesome stuff got deleted :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm living in a premium Linden home, and after noticing that my neighbors had placed various interesting objects on their roofs, I did the same. I had a whole lot of fun working with the challenge of the low prim restrictions by finding awesome 1 prim mesh objects to build a grungy back alley hangout being invaded by zombies for halloween.

It didn't look terribly obnoxious to my neighbours - or so I thought - as it as inside a 1 prim mesh box with a plain white exterior. I made sure to restrict the sounds inside to my parcel so as not to bother anybody.

But today I logged in and it's all gone. *Poof*. Actually, whole neigborhood looks like somebody came by with a giant-ass vaccum cleaner and hoovered-up all the interesting bits. It's all pretty drab and now. At least all the houses look exactly the same now, so that's a good thing? Apparently?

I've checked in my lost-and-found folder and nothing's there. It's all just gone.

I checked the the Linden Homes Policy and I can't find anything there about not putting stuff on my roof - unless it counts as a sky box, which aren't allowed. So is this normal? Am I living in a condo type situation with a  condo-board-from-hell that will just delete all my stuff if it looks out-of-place? 

It sucks, as it was the first thing I've ever really built in Second Life, beyond just decorating my Linden Home, which I guess I all I'm allowed to do with it. :(

My guess is the obvious, your 'awesome stuff '  was not presentable and in-theme, as it should be according the policy you linked to:

Also, you agree that your Linden Home:

• Is for residential use only.  Business use of any kind is prohibited, including parcel rental, rental boxes, classified ads or other forms of advertising, and event listings.
  • Will be kept presentable and in-theme.
  • Does not include traffic tracking.
  • Land cannot contain sky boxes, temporary object rezzers, or individual prims beyond the maximum size allowed by the Second Life Viewer build tools.

*Sigh* I figured it was something like that. 

So even a camofluaged Halloween display is not allowed in Linden Homes. I'm actually paying to use SL and I can't do anything interesting beyond decorating the inside of a little house. 

It was the most fun I've had playing Second Life in ages. I've tried to build stuff in sandboxes but just ended up getting screwed-with by homophobic griefers which made me give-up and leave SL completely for months at a time.

Ravyn Rozensztok wrote:

So even a camofluaged Halloween display is not allowed in Linden Homes. I'm actually paying to use SL and I can't do anything interesting beyond decorating the inside of a little house. 

It was the most fun I've had playing Second Life in ages. I've tried to build stuff in sandboxes but just ended up getting screwed-with by homophobic griefers which made me give-up and leave SL completely for months at a time.

You COULD just buy land and do what you want instead of keeping the Linden house, you know.

Ravyn Rozensztok wrote:

So even a camouflaged Halloween display is not allowed in Linden Homes. I'm actually paying to use SL and I can't do anything interesting beyond decorating the inside of a little house. 

Picture it as living in a gated community where the home owners association, LL, decrees what the exterior of your house must look like.

yes, u are entiltled to 512 sq m of land free with your premium membership, most people just go with the ll house.

Do a search of land for sale, mainland, 512 sq m. you can sometimes buy parcels for as low as a couple of hundred L

That size is included in your membership, so there's no tier, and no building codes/ zoning rules apart from the guidelines for the maturity level.

Be sure and abandon your ll house first though, or you will be bumped to the next tier level, even if u only have both properties for a few minutes :)

Yeah, I know that. I was just hoping to not have to spend any more than I already am. This is a very expensive game for the casual player like myself who's not particularly talented at building and selling stuff.

Come to think of it, maybe I'll find a quiet sandbox and rebuild the zombie-infested alley hangout and start selling it as a skybox. 

Right, I'm thinking they are somewhere in the OP's inventory as a coalesced object.

@OP - When items are returned en masse like that, they often become a "coalesced object" meaning in your inventory it will look like one item but its name will be the last item stuck together, if that makes sense.  Or it could just be called "object" (haven't had that happen in a long time so not for certain on that).  At any rate, the inventory icon will look like a bunch of little boxes stuck together.

My advice is to look for an item like that in your inventory and if you find one, then go to a sandbox and rez it.  I would bet that is where all your items are.

you could also go to your recent items folder and open the filters and put in the amount of days  since it's been missing..i usually go a day longer to make sure it shows up..

so if it's been 3 days..just put in 4 days..

then you will get all the recnt items added to your inventory in those days..

then look for something that looks like a brown broken rubics cube..

that's about the best way i can explain the icon..

they most likely would be in your lost and found folder..but could have went to your objects folder as well..

either way using the filters.. any folders will show if itemswere dropped into them in those days..

Much good advice here.

I just want to add to the last poster, don't look only in your Lost and Found. Or Returned, or what it is called. Follow Cekas advice, and look for a coalesced object in all the folders showing. It can be in objects, or in one of the items containing decorations you have used. And with only the name of the last item added, or "object". 

Since you are Premium, have you filled an report to LL?

Thanks for the advice everybody - I really appreciate it. I usually just get frustrated when I hit a glitch in Second Life and just leave and find something else to do for fun for a few months. 

But I really liked my little zombie-infested alley. I want it back. :)

I tried looking for it again last night, pulling out all objects and merged objects in my returned items folder and objects folders. That was a great tip about the date filters! I didn't know those were there. No luck so far.

I did file a report with LL, and they responded with a bizarre cheerful answer telling me that my 'control panel is working again'. Not sure what that refers to, but maybe it means I'll be able to find the returned object now.

someone probably misunderstood your report as your account webpage not working :)

Best thing to do with a Linden Home: keep things indoors except maybe some plants and garden furniture (for those houses with a porch) and keep those neutral in style.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.