Where are the best places to meet and greet black people?

Cameilla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

identifying someone or races with a skin tone is not racist..because people do it everytime they say..Obama is the first what?

Black president..

knowing he is african american and what else? most will probably have to look that part up on the internet because it just didn't matter to them until asked..

Correction - Obama is a bi-racial president; I can't say if he's the "first" bi-racial president, having not looked at the heritage of all Presidents but, in Obama's case, his mother was caucasian, father was Kenyan - in most parlances that is referred to as bi-racial; if not, he could just as easily be called a "White President" due to half of his parentage. He also has Irish and Chinese heritage.  Why did everyone grab onto a skin color and dub him "Black" when "Bi-racial" is more accurate.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

identifying someone or races with a skin tone is not racist..because people do it everytime they say..Obama is the first what?

Black president..

knowing he is african american and what else? most will probably have to look that part up on the internet because it just didn't matter to them until asked..

Correction - Obama is a bi-racial president; I can't say if he's the "first" bi-racial president, having not looked at the heritage of all Presidents but, in Obama's case, his mother was caucasian, father was Kenyan - in most parlances that is referred to as bi-racial; if not, he could just as easily be called a "White President" due to half of his parentage. He also has
heritage.  Why did everyone grab onto a skin color and dub him "Black" when "Bi-racial" is more accurate.

actually you don't have to correct me on that because i am aware of that..that is what many U.S. citizens call him..

what was funny is he was concidered while running for the primary..the bi-racial candidate..but when he became president.. he became  the first black American president..

also why did they call him black rather than bi-racial?

i'm sure it had something to do with feeling like racial barriers were broken or something..he was called mixed or bi-racial  by many black people as well until he became president...

in american black is looked at as more than just a skin color..

because of so much lost heritige.. there are a lot of people that don't have a heritige  to go back to look at to identify their bloodlines with.. other than their family line being in this country..

so it' s really not about skin color..

This is the explanation I was trying for, and failing to achieve.  People are focusing on the word 'black' without taking into consideration the cultural implications and history/background that it entails.  We come in all shades; when I saw the word in the OP's subject, I didn't think of skin color at all but apparantly, many do.

Actually "bi" means "two" which is completely inaccurate as Obama, along with just about everybody else in the world, doesn't have merely two, but has a genetic inheritance that includes a multiplicity of "races" - assuming you could find a satisfactory definition of "race" which wasn't a euphemism for  "skin-colour".

Oh, and the original question - and most of the rest of this thread is entirely irrelevant to SL.

And why do I get the feeling the OP might be Lania's alt; you know, the SL Enquirer who has posted elsewhere in the forums dragging the bottom for attitudes to racism, inter alia.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

all people on this rock are of one race... human. except Perrie.

I disagree.

A considerable number, including many of the participants and contributors to these very forums, are sub-human, allowing their behaviour to be determined by their reptile brains rather than by consciously rational cogitation.

Pie Serendipity wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I disagree.

A considerable number, including many of the participants and contributors to these very forums, are sub-human, allowing their behaviour to be determined by their reptile brains rather than by consciously rational cogitation.

Intellect does not enter the discussion of race. Lack of cognitive skills does not equate to a sub-human race.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Pie Serendipity wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I disagree.

Intellect does not enter the discussion of race. Lack of cognitive skills does not equate to a sub-human race.

That would be the argument which the sub-humans would try to make.

And fail.

Akemiaiko wrote:

Why blasting my little sister? You a mad prson? Be carfull. Steph drop it, i not well happy.

Now the question is, are there two semi-literate East Africans studying biology who happen to be in the Forums at the same time, or is this a face-saving alt?

By the way, accusing Storm of being "mad" is not the sort of behaviour that the moderators would be too happy about, given the number of mentally ill users of these forums who would be very upset.

Found a place for you...

Edge City

"Edge city is a town bustling with crime, corrupt politicans and law enforcers. In this mess the Border Heights Hustlers are starting to carve out their own turf by hustlin' pimpin' and enforcing our own brand of street justice. As a brand new part of a larger rp with long history, we are the ideal crew for all those black street hustlers who want to experience the gangbangin' lifestyle in SL, so join our group to see for yourselves what its all about. Edge city is in itself an adult sim with many options to choose from beside our suggested street gang, so I would recommend everybody to check it out. New hud's with ingame currency and damage system will be released on monday."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.