Where are the best places to meet and greet black people?

Cameilla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I mean, Real black Folks. I am not being racist so please relax. Just want to know some key words to type in or places that they chill at. I know that there are people that come here and they look black and are in fact a totally different race in RL. I can understand because most of the answers I get when I ask why choose a black avi is "Love the skin tone and look"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, Real black Folks. I am not being racist so please relax. Just want to know some key words to type in or places that they chill at. I know that there are people that come here and they look black and are in fact a totally different race in RL. I can understand because most of the answers I get when I ask why choose a black avi is "Love the skin tone and look"

Cameilla, this is Second Life. Many if not most people here don't acknowledge their personal real life details to anyone except their friends. I doubt places such as you describe even exist, and if they do I doubt that all who go there meet the 'supposed' real life requirement.

You're missing what I think is the whole point of Second Life socializing. It is not about what you are, here in Second Life. It's all about WHO you are.

Cameilla wrote: [...] 
most of the answers I get when I ask why choose a black avi is "Love the skin tone and look"

Strange answer indeed. One would think that all skins are chosen on those premises... I don't think I've ever chosen a skin, whatever the race, tone, features or, for that matter, even gender, of which I didn't like the tone and look :matte-motes-bored:

Cameilla wrote:

I am not being racist so please relax. 

But you are... Wanting to associate with only one skin type is very racist.

Cameilla wrote:

Just want to know some key words to type in or places that they chill at. 

Segregation was outlawed in the US. People are free to "chill" wherever they want.

Cameilla wrote:

I know that there are people that come here and they look black and are in fact a totally different race in RL.

There is only one race of people in RL, it's called human.

Cameilla wrote:

I can understand because most of the answers I get when I ask why choose a black avi is "Love the skin tone and look"

Are you Black in RL? Can we get a RL picture to prove it? Oh wait, pictures are easy to fake.. How about a Skype cam call? Post the video here.

What does it really matter what country of origin one has in RL when it comes to SL?

Here is a picture of my black skin..

drow_001.jpg

Is that black enough?

Cameilla wrote:

I know that there are people that come here and they look black and are in fact a totally different race in RL.

I know many people who in SL 'pretend' to be dragons, horses, cats, rabbits, insects, mermaids and what not - even use different skin colours what they have in real life. Many might even experiment in changing their sex with a click of a mouse button. :smileysurprised:

I'm sure none of those people are not those animals in real life.  Isn't it one of the great features in SL that we can try out different things?  Things what we cannot do in real life.  I think that is pretty cool feature of this virtual world.

:smileyhappy:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Cameilla wrote:

Cameilla wrote:

Segregation was outlawed in the US. People are free to "chill" wherever they want.

Cameilla wrote:

Cameilla wrote:

I can understand because most of the answers I get when I ask why choose a black avi is "Love the skin tone and look"

Are you Black in RL? Can we get a RL picture to prove it? Oh wait, pictures are easy to fake.. How about a Skype cam call? Post the video here.

What does it really matter what country of origin one has in RL when it comes to SL?

drow_001.jpg

Is that black enough?

i think you're misunderstanding what racism is..

asking where certain groups of people may be hanging out so they can meet and greet them is not the same thing as wanting to join the black panthers..

black is a common term because not everyone is african american..

racism is about one race feeling superior over another..

racism is not  about wanting to hang out and chill with people that someone may have something in common with..

it doesn't even matter if they have nothing in common..human interest is not racism either..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Cameilla wrote:

Cameilla wrote:

Cameilla wrote:

Cameilla wrote:

drow_001.jpg

Is that black enough?

asking where certain groups of people may be hanging out so they can meet and greet them is not the same thing as wanting to join the black panthers..

racism is not  about wanting to hang out and chill with people that someone may have something in common with..

it doesn't even matter if they have nothing in common..human interest is not racism either..

if the only common interest is skin color.. it is racism.

The OP is classifying a group of people based on skin color and "want to know some key words to type in or places that they chill at." Like there are places that are for specific skn tones. The whole thing comes of as very racist.

Why not explore SL and meet all types of people? I know plenty of white people that i wouldn't pi$$ on if they were on fire. Skin color has little to do with personality and likes.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

if the only common interest is skin color.. it is racism.

The OP is classifying a group of people based on skin color and "want to know some key words to type in or places that they chill at." Like there are places that are for specific skn tones. The whole thing comes of as very racist.

Why not explore SL and meet all types of people? I know plenty of white people that i wouldn't pi$$ on if they were on fire. Skin color has little to do with personality and likes.

see the thing is ..there is not just one group of people that are considered black..it's a common term because calling someone from jamacia  african american is offensive..

to where black is not..

racism is not about skin color..it's about race..

you're talking about discrimination by color..

just because someone uses the term black for groups of people that may be from all over..it's not always discrimination..

we don't know their common interest..

maybe they just feel more compfy around types of people they are familiar with..

and i'm really not finding what they asked fitting either of the definitions so far..

Discrimination..

the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, esp. on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

Racism..

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

LOL, most blacks never even heard about some strange land called America.  And they won't accept being called African Americans since they are African Africans.

And right, there are no races in humanity. The differences are biologically too insignificant to make different races. We're all just eveloped and mutated from the same protohuman. Now if we had quadrupled people, or tailed, or mermaids, with hoofs, two heads, six arms or with wings ... biologists could make a sub-species for them. But I guess even such extreme evolutions wouldn't qualify as a totally new race; we'd just be landhumans, waterhumans, airhumans.

Parrot, budgie, eagle, vulture, ostrich, penguin, hawk, falcon, owl are very different animals, right? What they all have in commmon is the same race: Bird.

But, but, my skin is black... Are you saying i wont fit in with what she is looking for? Keep in mind, she was not very specific. She wants to meet and greet black people in SL.. Black furries, Black skinned elves, Black dragons, Black mer-folk? This is SecondLife, why are we segregating ourselves?

Why is it socially acceptable for someone to ask where all the black people congregate in SL so they can meet them,  but not for someone to ask where they are to avoid them? No one knows what race you truly are in RL. there is no way to really know in SL what a person is in RL.

I have said and will always say, leave RL at the log in screen. you will have more fun.

Orca Flotta wrote:

LOL, most blacks never even heard about some strange land called America.  And they won't accept being called African Americans since they are African Africans.

seriously? Most? or did you mean some? hehehehe

as i said..not everyone is african american..not even africans or jamacians..that was my point.

you don't have to explain to me that we all bleed the same color red..

it's the world you'll have to direct that to..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Cameilla wrote:

Cameilla wrote:

Cameilla wrote:

Cameilla wrote:

drow_001.jpg

Is that black enough?

It is racist. How would it sound to you, if someone would ask for a place where only white people hang out? Gets a different sound to it, right? "to have something in common with"....bullsh*t I say, because your skincolour doesn't say a thing about shared interests, situations or views. Its not even bound to a closer region or country, where you might share a deeper cultural background or the same language. But this world is soooo biased! As if black people aren't racist by nature....

A skincolour says nothing about a person...except maybe for their sun indicated skincancer risk.

By the way: Thats one sexy elf!

see the thing is ..there is not just one group of people that are considered black..it's a common term because calling someone from jamacia  african american is offensive..

to where black is not..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I couldn't help but chime in EXACTLY because of what you said, .

IF in fact the op is an African American, (cuz I dont  remember reading that they were American if indeed they are) , what good does it do to seek out a black that is Nigerian, or French or wherever else? The commonalities to be shared with the op would be amongst black AMERICANS. Blacks of other nationalities would have a different shared experience and therefore outlook and even habits. But if THOSE facts are "irrelevant" , and skin color supercedes, then yes, Drake is in fact correct; It is racist. -The undertaking infers "only those of my skin color are worthy". Or to make it sound more like what it is, that there is something inherent in the skin itself that makes these more desirous, as  no other factor about the person is equal to the skin.

I do understand the desire to be with those a person feels they are "like", but "any ole body with the same skin"?   ...smh

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

But, but, my skin is black... Are you saying i wont fit in with what she is looking for? Keep in mind, she was not very specific. She wants to meet and greet black people in SL.. Black furries, Black skinned elves, Black dragons, Black mer-folk? This is SecondLife, why are we segregating ourselves?

Why is it socially acceptable for someone to ask where all the black people congregate in SL so they can meet them,  but not for someone to ask where they are to avoid them? No one knows what race you truly are in RL. there is no way to really know in SL what a person is in RL.

I have said and will always say, leave RL at the log in screen. you will have more fun.

bu but just because a place is where a certain group hangs out..it does not mean that is all that is there..

and wanting to meet a certain group is not being racist..

hey i'm a racist because i'm interested in meeting you guys!! fear my hate!! \o/

maybe they are attracted to black men? lots of men are attracted to asian women..

heck i get called asian mexican and latin all the time..when they ask what i am..i just say married..

maybe they want to do some myth busting? break down some stereotypes?

or maybe just hang with people that are like them..

who knows.,.

we dont..and it might be a good chance we will never know unless they come back ..

because we just jumped right to the band wagon and started the we are the world song rather than finding out..

what is the difference in seeking out a group to meet and greet them vs finding ways of avoiding them?

maybe someone wanting to stay ignorant? verses not?

that is usually the case..

as far as the other stuff about how is someone to know or not know who someone is in SL..

there are lots of ways if both sides are up to it..

the thing that really bothers me about seeing the word racism thrown around so much is..it's becoming a common word in common situations rather than real situations..

just like the new house hold words of terrorism and terrorist..

this past year i have never heard of so many acts of terrorism as we have now..because  it's becoming the new fear word that is in style..

heck we even had someone from the water department the next county over that made the national news for telling a customer.. if they made a complaint...  it could be looked at as a terrorist act if the complaint was not valid when they were done testing their water..

i mean we need to get either some new terms or start using words like racism lite or PC Racism and the real deal racism 2.0..

because the racism i see  on the net like what some feel is in this thread..is nothing like the racism i see in the RL..not a bit close to it at all..

it's like this victimless version that gives people a chance to soar with emotions about how they feel about it..

and then the real thing which people will turn away from in public when they see it going on and not get involved with..because it just got real for them..

it just gets really old and worn out seeing the word get over used and overshadowed by stuff that isn't..

well that's about all i have to say on it..i'm not gonna get into dueling posts  on it..

i'm not changing anyones mind..i've learned that long ago..

this is the internet lol

Syo Emerald wrote:

It is racist. How would it sound to you, if someone would ask for a place where only white people hang out? Gets a different sound to it, right? "to have something in common with"....bullsh*t I say, because your skincolour doesn't say a thing about shared interests, situations or views. Its not even bound to a closer region or country, where you might share a deeper cultural background or the same language. But this world is soooo biased! As if black people aren't racist by nature....

A skincolour says nothing about a person...except maybe for their sun indicated skincancer risk.

By the way: Thats one sexy elf!

ya know..i can feel the hate in the OP now that you meantion it..

omg i was blind but now i can see lol

495060 wrote:

to where black is not..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I couldn't help but chime in EXACTLY because of what you said, .

IF in fact the op is an African American, (cuz I dont  remember reading that they were American if indeed they are) , what good does it do to seek out a black that is Nigerian, or French or wherever else? The commonalities to be shared with the op would be amongst black AMERICANS. Blacks of other nationalities would have a different shared experience and therefore outlook and even habits. But if THOSE facts are "irrelevant" , and skin color supercedes, then yes, Drake is in fact correct; It is racist. -The undertaking infers "only those of my skin color are worthy". Or to make it sound more like what it is, that there is something inherent in the skin itself that makes these more desirous, as  no other factor about the person is equal to the skin.

I do understand the desire to be with those a person feels they are "like", but "any ole body with the same skin"?   ...smh

i guess i'm just not seeing this whole worthyness that everyone else is seeing..

i mean are they putting down black people because they are wanting to go hang out and meet with black people?

or is it that this bullet hit a rock and bounced off it and hit everyone else in the room and it's being racist to everyone else in the room?

that is where i am seeing people getting insulted..

if it were just america alone that we were talking about..there are many different races of black people in america..from all over the world..because it is a melting pot..

and it's not good to call them all african americans..it's a big insult to do that..

lots of people don't know their heritage and use that instead because this country made such a mess for them..

just like lots of white people don't either and call themselves white..

it sure wasn't hateful what this OP said..and racisim has a lot to do with that..

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Cameilla wrote:

Thank you very much. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Are you kiding me?!?!? All of the discussion and questions brought about by your vague OP and you jump in to say thank you?!?!?!

smh.. i'm out.

omg i should have seen it coming a mile away..but didn't..

1 post count  with that subject matter..

1037.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3871 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.