I was looking at sl dances on you tube when I came across..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

That isn't really an invisible pony rider, because the legs aren't skinny and so don't have a huge gap between them.  That looks more like a guy playing a woman avatar,.  What RL woman would make her ass that big?  :smileylol:

A woman from a place where they venerate big asses?

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

IMVU Has them too!!! 

The wide hip invisible pony styles..

No this isn't me dissing them I just was shocked you can mod your body in IMVU. I thought it was all cookie cutter. Good to know I was wrong.

omg i thought i was going back to the bling days in SL for a minute there..

it reminded me of a few clubs in sl with those big butts and extra large hips hehehe

ya i didn't know you could go extreme changes there to avatars like that either..i knew you could mess with clothes and some things..but i didn't realize you could mod shapes like that hehehe

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

...those freaks came from imvu.

Every time i see an avatar shaped like that i have to either laugh or throw up as how people find that "hot!!", not to mention the clothing most wear with that freakish shape to top it off :matte-motes-confused:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. What bothers me most about bad proportions like that (and the tiny arm thing and the super to long leg thing) is I can't imagine how people can't see how wrong it is! It makes me want to scream in there face "CAN'T YOU SEE HOW MUCH OF FREAK YOU'RE AVIE IS!?" as someone who studied art and the human figure for four years and has a degree in applied media arts it drives me ABSOLUTLY NUTS to see it! I mean I know people have every right to look the way the want and some of them are the nicest people you'll ever meet but I geuss as someone who knows better I can't understand how they can't see it?

TO be fair though the diffrence between these people bodies and the IMVU ones is that while they are extreme hip to waist ratio it's still less extreme then those videos. Also the real life peoples top half shows fat which at least reflects on some level the lower half. The IMVU ones are thin on the top halfs and huge on the bottom which isn't even mildly realistic.

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

TO be fair though the diffrence between these people bodies and the IMVU ones is that while they are extreme hip to waist ratio it's still less extreme then those videos. Also the real life peoples top half shows fat which at least reflects on some level the lower half. The IMVU ones are thin on the top halfs and huge on the bottom which isn't even mildly realistic.

You make a good point.

Some cultures or even nations do 'celebrate butts' - but what is odd to me is that the IPR 'big butt' or 'very wide hip' is coupled with bowed, bony legs.

I can't think of a single culture that venerates that...probably because it's not to be found in nature.

(Before anyone posts a photo to 'prove me wrong' - yes there is always an exception which proves the rule. :P )

1: Shapes on IMVU are not modifiable. Never have been, and unfortunately never will be. 

2: That's not how -all- (or even most) bodies on IMVU look. Many many creators come up with bodyshapes in all kinds of sizes that are much more proportional and actually quite lovely. but they're... I suppose in SL terms you'd call it "rigged". Because you can't modify the actual body shape, you can only add your clothing textures to it. 

I've been there since 2007, and sadly, that particular shape is quite popular on imvu, I'll never understand why. 

SL has IMVU beat in a LOT of ways, but IMVU has certain advantages over SL as well. 

I see this look in many places in SL.

Whenever I shop for African skins I'll find these folks.

If I go to African or Jamaican cultural sims - they are not there.

But if I go to Interracial cuckold BBW XXX sims... its mostly them, blond white female avatars, and black male muscle bound thugatars.

If I hit Soul and Hip hop music places - some people are them, some are not. You can spot them by looking for people who talk in swear words and fake ghetto in chat - and then camming towards those folks.

/sigh

No surprise that they're in IMVU as well.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

You make a good point.

Exactly.

Melita Magic wrote:

Some cultures or even nations
do
'celebrate butts' - but what is odd to
me
is that the IPR 'big butt' or 'very wide hip' is coupled with bowed, bony legs.

I can't think of a single culture that venerates that...probably because it's not to be found in nature.

In nature most people like that would die from being crushed by their own mass. If you develop that extreme of a caboose, you need something to support it.

But I do say most because there is always an exception. On the opposite extreme there are at least two real life Russian Women who have naturally corset shaped waists. When you see pictures of them it is unerving - because the look, on a real life person, looks scary. But its just a game of statistics where among 7 billion people, it had to happen sooner or later.

(Google is failing me right now. I read about her a year ago, and I can find a woman who looks like barbir and a woman who's modified herself to look like an anime doll, but not the woman with the naturally ultra-thin waist - searching it is just giving me some people who have modified themselves to be like her, which is not the same thing.)

- Nature can get strange now and then, but its not common as its usually a terminal condition.

Is there a chance the women with 'naturally corset shaped waists' were doing corset training for years in secret? 

Womens' waists did seem to be smaller in the olden days but I think some of that might've been due to starting in corsets from an early age. Also, they were shorter and thinner because people didn't have access to food constantly as they do today. (Of course I'm talking about cultures that would care about tiny waist size or use corsets...not starving nations. In starving nations it's usually a beauty ideal to be fatter.)

Farmers used to marry taller sturdier women because life was physically harder on the plain and also so they'd be more likely to have taller sturdier sons to help with farm work. The richer men tended to want the tiny dolls.

Melita Magic wrote:

Is there a chance the women with 'naturally corset shaped waists' were doing corset training for years in secret? 

Womens' waists did seem to be smaller in the olden days but I think some of that might've been due to starting in corsets from an early age. Also, they were shorter and thinner because people didn't have access to food constantly as they do today. (Of course I'm talking about cultures that would care about tiny waist size or use corsets...not starving nations. In starving nations it's usually a beauty ideal to be fatter.)

Farmers used to marry taller sturdier women because life was physically harder on the plain and also so they'd be more likely to have taller sturdier sons to help with farm work. The richer men tended to want the tiny dolls.

They were also smaller because they married younger. Much younger.

I thought the body size was rediculous, but the one thing I noticed is that the skins in IMVU are identical to some SL skins. I hope some of our skin designers are just porting their content to other virtual games, or else our skin devs better be before their stuff starts getting ripped and modded out for folks on IMVU to make money off of.

the wiremaps for imvu and SL are very VERY different.  

SL's is broken up into 3 parts: head, upper and lower. all 512x512 or 1024x1024

IMVU's is broken up into 2 parts : Head and full body. The head is 256x256, the body is 256x512. These are fixed proportions and trying to use any sizes other than this, simply results in horrible blur and distortion. 

Add the fact that the portions of SL's head template are placed differently than IMVU's (the teeth, ears, lips etc.. are all in different spots). 

All of this to say, that it's highly unlikely that a SL skin can be SUCCESSFULLY ripped and modded for IMVU. At most, only parts would be usable. Theyd never be usable as a whole due to the amount of detail that would be lost once it's been resized to fit IMVU's EXTREMELY small template. And even then, there will still be loss of detail. 

In short, you can't steal a skin from SL and use it on IMVU without completely ruining the quality of it. The templates simply are too incompatible with each other. 

So if you see a high quality skin on IMVU, it didn't come from SL. It was done from scratch using the IMVU template. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.