Scammed? Seller won't respond! (RESOLVED - at least on my end)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

I'm thinking the same as you, Dilbert. If everything is as the OP described it, and there is no system for refunding the balance, and if the store owner won't do anything about it, then it's fraud, and that's definitely against the ToS. It isn't just a user-to-user dispute.

Regardless, LL are only interested in fraud when it's something that affects them, such as credit card fraud.

"Someone has my L$" really doesn't excite them, see collapse of Apez vending system, which had a lot of L$ of its customer base in an escrow account.  That collapsed and no matter how many times the operator of that was AR'd for fraud, nothing happened. 

Not saying you aren't right for right now - but I have reported fraud in past years for things that had nothing to do with LLs and gotten a response. I used to use it as a default category for all manner of land issues.

But years is the operative word. I've not needed to file one of those in a few.

Last time I did was also an era when you could IM a linden, and get a response or even see them stop by. Now I not-so-secretly suspect that if one of them actually logged into SL, they'd get fired for it... o.O

well, since english is not my native language, im learning here an new meaning for "store credit"....

my vendor system has a store credit feature but it doesnt work like this at all... and ill never ask ppl to give money prior to their purchases...

my store credit system has nothing to see with that. Everytime ppl buy an item, my sever store 1 l$ for every 10 l$ spent in its databasis for this customer... so if someone buy an item that is 200 l$, the server store 20 l$ for her and next time this person will want to buy smth, she will be able to get it with a 20l$ discount. 

Noone can put money by themself in the store credit system of my server.. the store credit cant be bought at all.. its only a gift i do for future discount...

Just like my gift cards... i dont sell them... i gift them from time to time in my mm board or as gift for my groups (EDIT : i ofent offer one to thanks someone about a purchase). They can indeed add more money into them, but they rarely do. And i dont do any marketing for that feature. 

I wanted to make this clarification, bec i see in this thread talking about "store credit " that is devil, i understand we are not talking about the same thing, and im learning that "store credit" can be another thing that what i have in my vendor system... but i just wanted to tell that there is 2 kind of store credit systems and they are totally different..

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Now I not-so-secretly suspect that if one of them actually logged into SL, they'd get fired for it...
o.O

That's funny... but only because it has a ring of truth to it.  I don't honestly believe that LL employees are actively discouraged from logging into SL, but I'm pretty sure that they aren't at all encouraged to.  How very sad.

...Dres

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

well, since english is not my native language, im learning here an new meaning for "store credit"....

Hi Trinity (and anyone else who's curious, I don't mean to single you out), the term that the store referenced in the OP should be using (in order to be less ambiguous in English) is 'sales tokens' - much like how L$ are legally 'game tokens' - they have implied and suggested value, but are not redeemable for currency or credit.

Just a snippet of maybe-useful information, and some terrible sentence construction. :)

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Hi Trinity (and anyone else who's curious, I don't mean to single you out), the term that the store referenced in the OP should be using (in order to be less ambiguous in English) is 'sales tokens' - much like how L$ are legally 'game tokens' - they have implied and suggested 
value
, but are not redeemable for currency or
credit

Just a snippet of maybe-useful information, and some terrible sentence construction.
:)

Thank you for your clarification Freya.. i ve understood what is this kind of store credit.. at least i think i have an idea.... but since the term "store credit" has been used here, and since well, i wasnt aware that a store credit could be something different than what is it in my vendor system, i thought i had to make the difference between both meaning.. 

indeed the "sales tokens" is really less ambiguous, so thank you for this clarification.. maybe the term "pre paid card" would be working here too...idk. 

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Now I not-so-secretly suspect that if one of them actually logged into SL, they'd get fired for it...
o.O

That's funny... but only because it has a ring of truth to it.  I don't honestly believe that LL employees are actively discouraged from logging into SL, but I'm pretty sure that they aren't at all encouraged to.  How very sad.

...Dres

I don't know if they do it but I've made the suggestion in the past that when the Lindens do department meetings they should do them In World.  Would be a good learning experience for them.  Even better would be if they had to use the development viewers to do it. 

Intoxicate wrote:

my first message was the very day I went to that shop. I joined the group and saw that they had logged in as recent as yesterday, so I'm sure they received my IM, as i sent it days ago. So I sent another one just in case the first one slipped by.  nowhere on their avi card did they mention being away or otherwise unavailable to respond to IMs. I wasn't expecting an immediate response but I would have liked to at least gotten an acknowledgment "received your IM, i will look into it and get back to you", kinda thing since they're definitely -not- away.  

I'll keep trying with the IMs... 

You've obviously had a bad experience with this and I sympathise. It's no fun to feel you've been cheated.

It's quite feasible for a store to exist indefinitely with the owner never logging in, as long as they maintain tier or rental. Even without problems like IM failure, there's no guarantee that an IM sent is an IM received. In addition, the Northern hemisphere is in the middle of summer, so SL attendance is down. So here are some strategies that might help your problem.

1) Send a notecard. Describe the problem clearly and unemotionally. Copy and paste in the transaction history if possible (in your case, the payment to the store-credit machine). Ask for help, suggest a solution that would satisfy you and thank the owner for their attention. Be patient.

2) If you can't wait, do a little digging. Ask around in the stores group to see if anyone knows the owner or someone who can talk on their behalf. Look at the group membership... you might be able to find out who group officers are and when they last logged in. Perhaps you could contact them? Be aware, though, that group officers might be alts of the owner.

3) Take a step back and judge the value. Are the L$ you lost worth the effort and worry of recovering them? I know there is a principle involved that might be more important than the money, but sometimes it's better to kick back and forget about the few dollars you might have lost. 

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Am i the only one that REAAALLLY wants to know what store this is?

Could you send me an IM with the store name? Maybe a LM? please?

No - I posted earlier that the OP could IM me in game or send a PM here as I'd like to check it out as well...so far no info.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.