Got bitten by a Lycan, now what?

SweetLadyMell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Community!

I'm sweet lady Mell and am completely new to this whole thing. I just got into a chat with a Lycan (werewolf? dunnow) and got bitten by the guy. Now it seems I'm in the bloodlines database (whatever that is) and have lost 5% of my humanity (gasp!!!!)...

Now he'd like t "feed" off me (??????????????...)

So, what does that do to my avatar? Will I end up drained? Will I become something I dont want to become?

I use SL as a means to get into contact...not to Roleplay really....though I'm open to a lot...

Thanks for some shoutback!

Mellissa

Oh, PS, can I get "cured" from this too? I'm somewhat scared, this guy seems really nice, but I'm just afraid I could - like - die or so...

Welcome to the forums, Mell!

I've never been bitten, but I believe if you wear the proper garlic necklace, you'll be marked as "leave her alone" in the Bloodlines database". Here's a link that necklace in the Marketplace. It's free.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Garlic-Necklace-Bloodlines-Bite-requests-Spam-Protection/912384

Once you've worn it and followed the instructions, you can remove it and delete it from your inventory.

As for what to do with the really nice seeming fella, I suppose that's up to you. I'm not into roleplay either, so I'd probably curtsey and run.

Good luck!

Thank you Madelaine! This puts me at ease. It was the "feeding" he wanted to do that worried me. See, I just look for friendship, I'm not really into ending up on the "menu", he feeds it seems about 2 minutes per week...but the thought...eek...hmm, I suppose it's his kind of game...

Maybe a polite curtsy and a quit trot :)

Thanbks for the link! I'll get "cured" then...

Mellissa

You are in their data base, u just won't show up on a websearch. Any vamp or lycan that scans you will see your soul is in limbo, and they will be more than wiling to help get it back, but it can never be "returned" to your body, of course this is just a bloodlines soul, your "real" soul isn't affected in any way.

:)

what he means by feeding is he will be taking some of your characters "blood or lumen" from it. Basically in there database you have only so much blood/lumen before you turn into a vampire yourself. If he were really serious about the game he probably would have bought you a hud himself so you would know that. If you lose no more blood you will reamin human in the bloodlines database. if you do you can drink cider (which he should buy IMO as he's the one benifiting from you) to regain humanity. You of course are not forced to play and being in limbo will do nothing to you in SL of consquence other then makeing you in limbo when you are scanned by other bloodlines players. It's not perminant and those players may try to help you out of limbo in order to get your soul added to the soul count (basically the game levels you up based on your soul count) but you of course don't have to do that either. Basically nothing will happen.

As a human in a bloodlines clan I can tell you that if you get in a decent clan the other players can be very friendly and inviting. If you remain a human you don't have to pay into it either really and most won't force you to do so. But again it's all up to you nothing will happen if you don't play along.

nothing happens to you.

I got "bitten" years ago (naively took a bite request from someone) and I'm still the same, slightly insane, person I was all that time ago. I did drink whatever potion you were supposed to (cost me a couple hundred lindens too) but I don't think it did anything.

Every so often, I'll be walking around and someone will tell me that I've been bitten and my soul is in limbo.

My response:

"Oh.,.I'd forgotten about that...thanks."

As long as you do not buy and wear the hud nothing will happen.

This lycan did not act right, maybe he was very friendly but he should have told you about the bloodlines game before he sends you a bite request.

And as the others say a garlic necklace is the best, you can get it on MP for free.

Ehm...just searched on MP but cannot find it...maybe anyone else can give you the link.

i was bit i forget when..i didn't bother getting a necklace or anything..

someone told me i was ghouled or something like that lol

i said something along the lines of..good ..i hope i look like rotten meat to you and it turns your tummy..hehehe

this was back when bloodlines was really bad and spamming lots of people..i think they have improved since then from what i've heard anyways..

i think i was IM'd maybe that one time..

heck i don't even remember getting bit..it must have been a fly by feeding..

they know they can't stop and stand around me gettin all relaxed for dinner n stuff..

i'm libel to whip out some sacred spirit stuff on them and get real mother earth with them..

i'll kill me some vamps now! i'm tellin ya!  

spiritually !! eagle feathers n dance!! hard core!!

they hate that stuff!!

it's like hittin'em with skunk spray...

hehehe

:matte-motes-evil-invert:

To everyone, thank you sooooooo much for these kind and supporting thoughts. I'm just getting into SL and wanted to use it as a means to explore some facets of myself, not to get into this kind of game.

And yes, the bite happened quite swift, he said there was something important he had to do to me first, i trusted him and then, the system screamed (if it can do that :) ) that i got attecked and lost 5% of my humanity...

So much for trusting someone...

I use SL mainly to make (virtual) friends and try some things out before trying them in RL...

Mellissa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.