hello, sort of new!

claudiasoftcloud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i've bee playing for a week now and i really like this game.. (i've only met with only two jerks, but i wont let that get me down)

but yes, it is very nice to meet you, i'm pretty shy but i am a little foxie, i guess i am a furry but i wont ever annoy anyone or be a burden, i am sort of quiet and out of the way as i mentioned but i am very friendly. and i hope to meet you all in game.

claudiasoftcloud wrote:

i've bee playing for a week now and i really like this game.. (i've only met with only two jerks, but i wont let that get me down)

but yes, it is very nice to meet you, i'm pretty shy but i am a little foxie, i guess i am a furry
but i wont ever annoy anyone or be a burden
, i am sort of quiet and out of the way as i mentioned but i am very friendly. and i hope to meet you all in game.

o.0

Where did you get your preconceived notions of furries?

Raven1 Short wrote:

Why assume she meant she thinks furries are that way? Maybe she meant she won' t be that way to anyone whatever her av is.

Way to go for people to jump on a new person and make them feel welcome.

The way the sentence is put together indicates that she connects furries to negative adjectives and that she assumes that a lot people have a negative opinion on furries in SL, so she needs to defend herself for having a furry avatar.

I wouldn't say Drake is crazy for thinking this way. Its how the sentence is structured.  Its the same as in "I was working in the garden, but my hands stayed clean." The first part and the second part of the sentence are conected with the term "but".

Also my general advise to our newcomer: Never friend anyone who you need to defend your avatar choice to.

Raven1 Short wrote:

Why assume she meant she thinks furries are that way? Maybe she meant she won' t be that way to anyone whatever her av is.

Way to go for people to jump on a new person and make them feel welcome.

If she is just saying she wont ever be a burden or annoying.. why would we assume she would be right off the bat?

i didnt want you to think i was an annoying noob, that is why i said that. i know not all noobs are annoying or burdensome i just wont be like that to anyone, is what i am trying to say. i'm as i said, kinda shy. i mean no offense to anyone.. and i am sorry for any confusion.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

claudiasoftcloud wrote:

I just try to be neutral

your statement indicates that furries are annoying burdens to the general population of SL.

Drake, did you mean that you interpretated her statement to indicate that furries are annoying burdens to the general population of SL? My interpretation is different.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

claudiasoftcloud wrote:

I just try to be neutral

your statement indicates that furries are annoying burdens to the general population of SL.

Drake, did you mean that you interpretated her statement to indicate that furries are annoying burdens to the general population of SL? My interpretation is different.

claudiasoftcloud wrote:

i'm pretty shy but i am a little foxie, i guess i am a furry but i wont ever annoy anyone or be a burden, i am sort of quiet and out of the way as i mentioned but i am very friendly. and i hope to meet you all in game.

I don't think she meant it that way either. Her sentence above seems to be run on lacking punctuation. It's a shame when people post that are new, the first thing that happens is the dissecting of their post and then getting replies that are judgemental and really don't have much to do with the OP lol. It's like your parents yelling at you.

edit to add OP quote

Malanya wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

claudiasoftcloud wrote:

I just try to be neutral

claudiasoftcloud wrote:

i'm pretty shy but i am a little foxie, i guess i am a furry but i wont ever annoy anyone or be a burden, i am sort of quiet and out of the way as i mentioned but i am very friendly. and i hope to meet you all in game.

I don't think she meant it that way either. Her sentence above seems to be run on lacking punctuation. It's a shame when people post that are new, the first thing that happens is the dissecting of their post and then getting replies that are judgemental and really don't have much to do with the OP lol. It's like your parents yelling at you.

edit to add OP quote

Yep, Claudia joined SL today, appears young and friendly and is pushing through her shyness to post here (I remember my angst when I first started online). That she knows she's a "furry" suggests she may have some experience in another game, or from friends (or as we learn in another post, her brother). She would not be the first person to introduce herself with "I won't annoy or be a burden". If I were in-world with any regularity, I'd ring her up and give her some encouragement.

Claudia has posted a flurry of questions today and I hope people jump in to help her along. We could use more people who are excited to be here to remind people like me how magical SL is.

Now, as for being yelled at by my parents... I assure you, I had it coming.

;-)

I hope she finds people to have fun with. We sure could use more people to show new residents the magic of sl.. but I am sure there are a few out there that she will run into.

Oh, I heard that SOME parents aren't always right, just sayin, could be a rumour ;)

hello! welcome to Second Life! furries are cool... at least i think so anyway :catvery-happy:

in most places around SL you'll find people are accepting of anyone almost and not prejudice.

hope you don't meet too many more jerks during your exploring of Second Life :cathappy:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

claudiasoftcloud wrote:

hee, i hope to see you all on sl
:)
, so if you see a small white or red fox with the name "little claudia" that would be me!

Wait.. I thought furries were anthros. Was i told wrong? I thought there was a huge difference between animals and furries.

pretty sure she meant an little anthro fox. You gotta stop over anaylzing her sentances MAN...lol

claudiasoftcloud wrote:

but yes, it is very nice to meet you, i'm pretty shy but i am a little foxie, i guess i am a furry but i wont ever annoy anyone or be a burden, i am sort of quiet and out of the way as i mentioned but i am very friendly. and i hope to meet you all in game.

Welcome to SL, Claudia

Please don't let our crazy forum posts drive YOU crazy. Whatever you wish to be, you are welcome in SL and in the forums. Ask your questions, get advise and generally look around. You'll find some interesting things here. You're not being annoying or a burden...

I am glad you're having fun inworld. It's nice to see a new resident who isn't lost and whining about how horrible SL can be. I would refrain from calling SL a "game" though..it gets some people all riled up.

If you haven't already, go into the search function and see if there are any groups that you might be interested in. The furry community does have a lot of places of their own, so I'd hunt around and see what's out there. Join some groups. Once you do, send out a group message or an IM to the moderator. I'm sure other furries know great places to go and have fun.

Anyway, good luck inworld.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

claudiasoftcloud wrote:

, so if you see a small white or red fox with the name "little claudia" that would be me!

Wait.. I thought furries were anthros. Was i told wrong? I thought there was a huge difference between animals and furries.

Every furry is an anthro, but not every anthro is a furry.

claudiasoftcloud wrote:

I'm not in-world much these days, but when I am, I'll collect up the mice that infest my lighthouse and put them in a hollow pumpkin on my front porch. If you get there before they tunnel out, they're all yours!

Welcome to SL, Little Claudia!

Welcome to Secondlife claudiaoftcloud , it gets better each day, :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Please be sure to travel all the mainlands its a real treat, :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Also you can do it by train on SLRR Railroad or by a Car and if no car always a free car driving the roads looking for a driver.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.