helpp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Loralinda wrote:

Come on now people, you gotta remember not everyone is a writer in sl, lol.  Give these folks a little leeway.  There are noobies who don't know the basics in sl and need a little help.

You are right.  She could be a Math Major, not English.

If you want to create a group, it's been a while since I've done it, but basically you find the groups tab in your SL viewer. Click 'create group' and name the group. It has to have at least two avatars in the group or the group will go poof and take your $100 group starting fee with it.

It takes a day or two for the group to go live, and then you can invite people to join it.

Groups have dues, just a few Lindens every so often (someone fill in the details I am sketchy on if you would?) so if you make your own group, might wanna go through and assign roles and make sure of the reponsibilities each person has. If you don't want anyone else to pay dues, make sure that part is unchecked under their role's responsibilities.

Then you would make your land, group land. You only have to set it to group. You don't have to deed it just for this. Then set the land rights so the group can build, or whatever. They will have to wear group tag while rezzing, unless you set your land so anyone can rez, which I do not recommend. They can also set home on the land while wearing group tag. They don't have to wear group tag to get in later, just to be in the group. 

Loralinda wrote:

Come on now people, you gotta remember not everyone is a writer in sl, lol.  Give these folks a little leeway.  There are noobies who don't know the basics in sl and need a little help.

Being a noobie in SL has nothing whatsoever to do with one managing to speak/write understandable English, provided the person is a native English speaker, of course.  I find it interesting that many ESL residents speak better English than some native speakers.

I've been hearing about the "Dumbing down of America" for years...a quick glance through the forums confirms this.

ETA: This was not directed at the OP; just a "general" comment.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Loralinda wrote:

Being a noobie in SL has nothing whatsoever to do with one managing to speak/write understandable English, provided the person is a native English speaker, of course.  I find it interesting that many ESL residents speak better English than some native speakers.

I've been hearing about the "Dumbing down of America" for years...a quick glance through the forums confirms this.

I sometimes feel embarrassed that I do not speak a modern second language.  And sometimes I do get the impression that there are more ESLers than 'Mericans who speak a second language.  However, I don't know cold hard statistics on this.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Loralinda wrote:

I sometimes feel embarrassed that I do not speak a modern second language.  And sometimes I do get the impression that there are more ESLers than 'Mericans who speak a second language.  However, I don't know cold hard statistics on this.

When I honeymooned in Europe, almost everybody we met spoke English. The Dutch spoke it better than we did, the English worse.

There was a foreign language requirement at my engineering school. I knew ein bisschen Deutsch, but C, Fortran, and Basic also qualified, so I squeaked in.

I am impressed by ESLers who've not only mastered the language, but the idioms and culture as well. My Maid of Honor is Iranian and a great storyteller, both in English and Farsi (so I'm told) ;-)

Butterpecanxx wrote:

how do you add soneone to your house so they can drop n change close in ur home

I don't see anything in the OP's post to indicate they are American? I haven't looked at their profile, though.

To me 'dumbing down' has been going on world wide - same with other things always levied at Americans, like being unfit physically. JMO & YMMV.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.