PayPal/Lindex information. Must read for former third party exchange users or newbies.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Mannix Mensing wrote:

Pretty much to the point (sadly), good post

I can add this, i'm in Belgium, have a verified Paypal account (and yes it has currency in it), but nothing will go through the Lindex without adding an actual credit card. So thats not an option either, which leaves some rather unsafe US type creditcards with whom i've had headaches before. 

On a side note, even if you have US$ left in your SL account and you try to buy L$ for exactly that amount or even less it gets declined. I thought i'd at least would be able to buy up the US$ to L$ to give away to some old friends, but not even that works. 

Have you tried following the walk-through here:
?  She's using a Dutch account, but I am told that German people have tried that method and found it works for them, so it might work for a Belgian PayPal account, too.  

This is exactly why I posted in the first place. This method might get your account suspended, it might not (I know similar ones did in the past). Trouble is, you won't know until your aPayPal account is suspended with all the funds in it. Can you GUARANTEE to him, that it will not get him banned from PayPal? And don't go with that ridiculous argument of "point out wich of these methods are agianst PayPal's TOS". You people should be the ones trying to find out that these methods are indeed safe and remember it DOESN'T HAVE TO BE AGAINST PAYPAL'S TOS FOR PAYPAL TO SUSPEND YOUR ACCOUNT.

I know a lot of methods to verify PayPal  without credit card or even a bank account, and they all work, but it DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY ARE SAFE.

Ok - enough is enough.

YOU are the one making these assertions concerning these methods being able to get an account suspended, YOU provide the evidence. Verifiable evidence and exactly WHY the account was suspended/terminated.

If you cannot provide such information, it is time for you to stop this charade. PayPal cannot suspend/terminate an account without giving a reason, nor can they do so for tings which do not violate their terms of service/use OR local laws - period. No, it does not matter how many times you say they can/have done so. They cannot - period. Anyone claiming otherwise MUST provide verifiable proof.

As I have said, enough is enough. I remained silent until now.

A response with anything less than verifiable proof of your statements will be met with derision.

Voltaure wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Mannix Mensing wrote:

Pretty much to the point (sadly), good post

I can add this, i'm in Belgium, have a verified Paypal account (and yes it has currency in it), but nothing will go through the Lindex without adding an actual credit card. So thats not an option either, which leaves some rather unsafe US type creditcards with whom i've had headaches before. 

On a side note, even if you have US$ left in your SL account and you try to buy L$ for exactly that amount or even less it gets declined. I thought i'd at least would be able to buy up the US$ to L$ to give away to some old friends, but not even that works. 

Have you tried following the walk-through here:
?  She's using a Dutch account, but I am told that German people have tried that method and found it works for them, so it might work for a Belgian PayPal account, too.  

This is exactly why I posted in the first place. This method might get your account suspended, it might not (I know similar ones did in the past). Trouble is, you won't know until your aPayPal account is suspended with all the funds in it. Can you GUARANTEE to him, that it will not get him banned from PayPal? And don't go with that ridiculous argument of "point out wich of these methods are agianst PayPal's TOS". You people should be the ones trying to find out that these methods are indeed safe and remember it DOESN'T HAVE TO BE AGAINST PAYPAL'S TOS FOR PAYPAL TO SUSPEND YOUR ACCOUNT.

I know a lot of methods to verify PayPal  without credit card or even a bank account, and they all work, but it DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY ARE SAFE.

Why on earth do you say that it might get someone's acccount suspended to follow some simple instructions to set the primary currency of their PayPal account to US Dollars rather than Euros, at least when they're trying to initiate a dollar transaction?   That's what the instructions describe.

Voltaure wrote:

Is that where the pain comes from? You studied the methodes to verify a Paypal account without credit card or bank account, You tried them out and then got banned for Paypal?

What you assert makes no sense logically.  I have never used a credit card with PayPal and have had a verified account with them for years now.  Further, when I created the account PayPal was the one who verified it.  If they had a problem why would they verify it?

I suppose it is possible for PayPal to suspend your verified account if 

• your bank at some point refuse to process PayPal's requests.  But in that case that is the banks fault not PayPal's.  All you would need to do is talk to the bank to get it straightened out or change banks.
  • To have insufficient funds in your bank account to pay out to PayPal enough times that PayPal feels you are abusing the system.

Second PayPal cannot suspend your account with your funds in it and not give you access to your money or send it to you.  That would be STEALING.  They could possibly suspend our account with funds in it if those funds were stolen or gotten illegally through fraud or moneylaundering.

All the people you "know or heard of" that you claim this happened to must have been doing something illegal.  Generally people that get caught will give their friends and family a song and dance about how it wasn't anything they did but either a big misunderstanding or that 'evil' company that did it. 

I think your full of it personally and just mad at a creator and Linden Lab and came to troll and are either outright inventing this stuff or not telling the whole story.  In either case anyone that believes this isn't very smart.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Voltaure wrote:

Is that where the pain comes from? You studied the methodes to verify a Paypal account without credit card or bank account, You tried them out and then got banned for Paypal?

This is where I call bull dinkies also.

Unless it is different elsewhere than in the U.S., PayPal verification works by them sending two small sums of money to an account you link them to and then you report back to them the amount of the deposits.  I don't believe you could even start the verification process until you have linked an account.

So yes, anything else would be a hack and if the OP thinks PayPal doesn't have safe guards they might want to guess again.  I'm pretty sure that PayPal is an MSB and would have to comply also with FinCen regulations which cover a wide area of fraud control.

And while I have seen some News articles about people having problems with PayPal, I also always wonder what is it the people aren't telling us. 

eta for clarity

I want to add here that I know the changes have caused problems for some people, and they are legitimate problems.

I sympathize with them.  I have one friend In World who this has created a problem for.  So amongst her friends we do what we can to help her. 

I'd really like to see the problem fixed for her. 

I don't like the current situation but I understand it.  It may be a micro currency we are dealing with but it adds up to multi millions in real currency.  It's those multi millions that the Gov't is looking at.

What I have no patience for and no sympathy  for are people who come up and rant with a bunch of illegitimate claims.  You are doing a dis-service to the people who have been legitimately hurt by this by causing unfounded confusion.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Voltaure wrote:

Unless it is different elsewhere than in the U.S., PayPal verification works by them sending two small sums of money to an account you link them to and then you report back to them the amount of the deposits.  I don't believe you could even start the verification process until you have linked an account.

So yes, anything else would be a hack and if the OP thinks PayPal doesn't have safe guards they might want to guess again.  I'm pretty sure that PayPal is an MSB and would have to comply also with FinCen regulations which cover a wide area of fraud control.

And while I have seen some News articles about people having problems with PayPal, I also always wonder what is it the people aren't telling us. 

eta for clarity

People seem to want to blame PayPal for their issues with LL billing, look at how many bank cards, not just prepaid, but debit cards tied to your checking account or a credit card, and I am referring to US customers, I believe it has something to do with LL and not the financial institutions.

I agree, it has hurt many people with the TPE change but as you said it adds up to actually millions of real dollars. I do empathize with those that are having to run in circles trying to buy/sell Lindens and how it may affect their sl enjoyment or their business. I do not, however; feel bad for the people that just come with a very negative attitude to complain and lecture on the rules they may not know everything about. Those are the people IMO that don't want to try and find a solution they just want to whine and blame.

Voltaure wrote:

You, quite obviously, have not been using paypal all that long. Because they can, in fact, suspend your account for numerous things and the majority aren't "bad" or against their TOU/TOS. There's good reason why they can too, but anyone who has a paypal account, or deals with paypal at all, ought to know this. Assuming you actually read the agreements before you agree-which most don't.

If you can't point out specific ways in which these things can, and likely will, get someone suspended, that tells me you don't know what they are either. So not real sure how you can finger point from where you're sitting and expect to be taken seriously.

Take in too much money(more than typical for your account) and paypal can, and often does, suspend the account. What they do,a ctually, is put a hold on it. Paypal rarely suspends accounts-as that would assume someone did something specifically against the TOU/TOS, which again isn't typically the case.

When I expanded business in 2002, and took on another job, it ended up boosting my income more than paypal apparently thought it should. Was a royal pain in my ass to fix(not because of my end, though), but I know why they have the process and as annoyed as I was(still am at times), it's there for good reason. I had to jump through hoops to get the hold lifted, thanks to a crappy employer. It wasn't something I did, my customers did, my employers and employees did...it was just something that sent up red flags..and for good reason. The flags stayed up longe rthan they should have because of the employer though. The same can happen when you add too much to your paypal account too often, or withdraw too much. It really is subject to their idea of "normal", which fluctuates like you wouldn't believe.

I've seen parts of the backend of paypal too, thanks to an employment opportunity I once had. There are most definitely things people can do that will raise the flag, and cause an account to be placed on watch, possibly hold, or if an actual fraudulent act is committed-suspended(again, not as common as you seem to think). In most cases, you cannot possibly pinpoint all the ways, they're ever changing, and they are so for a good reason. It keeps those who intentionally commit fraud from catching on as quickly. It's a nuisance to be placed on hold, but not such an inconvenience that it can't be rememedied very easily, for most. My case, was not as quickly fixed because of an error on an employer's paperwork-not my end. Had it not been for that the hold wouldn't have even lasted more than 48 hrs, if even.

Malanya wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Voltaure wrote:

eta for clarity

People seem to want to blame PayPal for their issues with LL billing, look at how many bank cards, not just prepaid, but debit cards tied to your checking account or a credit card, and I am referring to US customers, I believe it has something to do with LL and not the financial institutions.

I agree, it has hurt many people with the TPE change but as you said it adds up to actually millions of real dollars. I do empathize with those that are having to run in circles trying to buy/sell Lindens and how it may affect their sl enjoyment or their business. I do not, however; feel bad for the people that just come with a very negative attitude to complain and lecture on the rules they may not know everything about. Those are the people IMO that don't want to try and find a solution they just want to whine and blame.

Maybe we've had it too easy. 

PayPal is ubiquitous so I can understand why Web Service after Web Service after Web Service uses them.  It is overall next to using a credit card directly, the most efficient payment methid there is.

I don't play World of Warcraft so I don't know all the payment options they have but I posted the documentation from the WOW website in another thread that even they require if you are going to use PayPal to pay to play that it must have a credit card associated with it.  And that is just to play the game!

Second Life you can enjoy to your hearts content and not spend one single penny to do so.

And once again, to be clear, I understand that the changes have caused some major problems for some people.  I know what it is like to suddenly lose my income so it is not that I am without understanding.  I know what it is like to show up to work and find the doors locked with out any warning.  I've had it happen to me.  So the last thing I am is cold hearted about this.

Kenbro Utu wrote:

I think you need to look up the word "myth."  All your examples did was show the limitations of the statements, but did not disprove any of them. 

in fact OP is just another of the constant stream of idiots who want to harm LL... Everything OP writes is either an outright lie or at best a half truth.

Voltaure wrote:

Kenbro Utu wrote:

I think you need to look up the word "myth."  All your examples did was show the limitations of the statements, but did not disprove any of them. 

Well, this why I used word clarify, instead of disprove. Anyway, it's semantics.. The point is that some people here on the forums are basically lying to people by purposefully not telling all information that they should know.

yes, you are a prime example...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.