Nails sometimes come away from avatar

sooby Mills

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi..

I have lovely set of nails that i really love wearing, but in certain poses they leave my fingers and hang there in space...I tried a gesture from MarketPlace that was supposed to stop this happening but didn't...does anyone have any ideas ? It only happens in certain poses and i believe it is common, but i would love to know if it's possible to fix it!

Thanks in advance

Soobs

I've had the same problem with my nails, too. They attach to the hands so they won't move with the individual fingers. I've never seen a fix for this :(

I looked at a pair of mesh hands but they need something worn at the wrists to cover the join between the hands and the body so I gave them a pass.

Misty

sooby Mills wrote:

Hi..

I have lovely set of nails that i really love wearing, but in certain poses they leave my fingers and hang there in space...I tried a gesture from MarketPlace that was supposed to stop this happening but didn't...does anyone have any ideas ? It only happens in certain poses and i believe it is common, but i would love to know if it's possible to fix it!

Thanks in advance

Soobs

Hi

There really is no way from preventing the nails from floating when your hands are not in the "relaxed" position. A lot of AO's will have a stand pose that does this or when using an object that your hands are to hold on to. I have also found mesh nails will do the same. If your nails are floating and it's not because of a pose, just detach and reattach them and that should do it. I have never found any hand pose to work that kept nails from floating in certain poses.

Yes Misty...i have given up on a few occasions, but i thought i would try one more time.. It seems to be only on one dance in mu hud that it goes wrong..maybe i should remove it..or the nails :matte-motes-not-entertained:

As i said in my post, i have a gesture from MarketPlace that is supposed to fix it, but i cant get it to work...I'm not saying it doesn't...Just i cant make it work. The same person has a hud for L$10 which is the same idea..maybe i will try...Is only a few lindens, Not much to lose..

Malanya, it seem's we have the same problem..Maybe some day someone will come up with an easy fix...For me...It needs to be just that...Easy! lol

Soobs

I had the same problem and for a long time, would never use anything but glove nails. I used the some kind of hand relaxer from someone and it worked, but not all the time. I even made one my self and had no better luck with it. Then one day I tried an AO HUD from AKEYO and found that my hands stayed in the relaxed state all the time. You can add your own stands, up to three (I only use one in it), a walk run and sit. It comes with all of them but you can remove them and add your own. And it only cost 1 L$. NANO AO is what its called. I am not saying it will always work, but it has for me. I now use fingernails of all kinds and don't go out without them. And no, I don't have anything to do with the store but when something is that good at that good a price I have no problem spreading the word.

Try this, someone else recomended these nails long ago, and I havent stop using them, they will not deform, also lately I have been using Slink mesh hands, and many creators do the appliers for skin and many nails options so, I like using them, and last but not least, if you dont want to use mesh hands, Slink has avatar enhancement nails for normal hand, do not deform either, great to try

Someone told me that, when this happens, you have to edit any prim, just right click and edit, and it should move your hands back in a relaxed state. I use Anypose hud quite often, and it has a button for all kinds of hands poses, including relaxed. I like it because I can do that thing on other people too:)

jwenting wrote:

only solution might be rigged mesh nails, and even then I doubt you can completely avoid it.

Even rigged nails would not work.  Avatar fingers don't have bones in them to which the nails would need to be rigged for the nails to work perfectly.  The fingers move by avatar mesh morphs and it is not possible to rig anything to morphs.

So now the only solution is to have a script which will lock the fingers to be always in the same position.

Maybe after ten years the avatar will have evolved so that it has bones in every single finger... :matte-motes-big-grin:

Coby Foden wrote:

jwenting wrote:

only solution might be rigged mesh nails, and even then I doubt you can completely avoid it.

Even rigged nails would not work.  Avatar fingers don't have bones in them to which the nails would need to be rigged for the nails to work perfectly.  The fingers move by avatar mesh morphs and it is not possible to rig anything to morphs.

So now the only solution is to have a script which will lock the fingers to be always in the same position.

Maybe after ten years the avatar will have evolved so that it has bones in every single finger... :matte-motes-big-grin:

There's now some rigged mesh hands that come with nails, those I guess would work but you probably need a hud or something else scripted to change the pose of the hand (which'd most likely end up flipping textures so another set of faces becomes visible).

jwenting wrote:

There's now some rigged mesh hands that come with nails, those I guess would work but you probably need a hud or something else scripted to change the pose of the hand (which'd most likely end up flipping textures so another set of faces becomes visible).

Yes, those will work just as you said. As the nails are part of the hands' mesh, not separate attachments, they will stay with the fingers correctly.

there are some animations that can be set to be more important than other animations.. My ao for example has a smart element set to it where it will over ride certain animations for certain situations..  There are nails out there that come with huds that will do this and make the hand position animation override anything else animating that hand.. my sister I think has a pair of them.. I can not tell ya who makes them.. but if the nails dont have huds its less likly that they will auto pose to the pose they need to be in..  like was stated before I am sure there are mesh nails out there now that are a bit better now than prim nails but it will probably not be a perfect product either..  With sl anything involveing animation overrides is never 100% and can have some issues in certain cases.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.