Restricted Access?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perrie Juran wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Looks like something's up with AnsheX...
.  LL is resetting people's passwords.

...Dres

Good thing you didn't necro post there.

That was last February 
;)

Yeah... funny how that happens when you're too tired to look at the full date.

...Dres *goes to lay down for a while*

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

"
 the LindeX is the best place to buy and sell L$ for use in Second Life." 

if its the ONLY ONE  place to buy and sell l$  i cant be best or worst, IT IS. period... for being the best in smth, it has to be in competition with other things...

It is in competetion with buying L$ in the viewer inworld.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

"
 the LindeX is the best place to buy and sell L$ for use in Second Life." 

if its the ONLY ONE  place to buy and sell l$  i cant be best or worst, IT IS. period... for being the best in smth, it has to be in competition with other things...

It is in competetion with buying L$ in the viewer inworld.

Well imho buying inworld is only a different technical way but its still buying to Lindex...Sl doesnt have different way to manage their l$ trades and on top here :http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-and-selling-Linden-dollars/ta-p/700107, its said "Buying Linden dollars inworld yields the same value as a market buy on the Second Life website"

rates are exactly the same, your limit remains same, and you are billed by the same entity. 

the purchase inworld is just a path to the lindex. And a more limited one since you can only purchase from there and not sell your l$.

the purchase inworld is just a path to the lindex. And a more limited one since you can only purchase from there and not sell your l$.

"More limited" indeed. It's (necessarly) a path to a "market order" on the LindeX. This is a pretty expensive way to buy L$s, if you're buying any significant quantity.

You can give yourself about a 3.5% discount using a limit order.

That's because a market buy is filled by the best current sell order. If you can wait a few minutes for your L$s, though, you can turn that around and let somebody sell you L$s because yours is the best current buy order. And the spread between best buying and selling orders is always about 3.5%.

Qie Niangao wrote:

"More limited" indeed. It's (necessarly) a path to a "market order" on the LindeX. This is a pretty expensive way to buy L$s, if you're buying any significant quantity.

You can give yourself about a 3.5% discount using a limit order.

That's because a market buy is filled by the best current sell order. If you can wait a few minutes for your L$s, though, you can turn that around and let somebody sell you L$s because yours is the best current buy order. And the spread between best buying and selling orders is always about 3.5%.

ok, i understand now the meaning of their sentence in the blog..

i keep thinking they should and could be more clear .

some objections still remains... like why say "not authorized" and then "not allowed".. if its not allowed, then  there is no need to authorize or not... not allowed is not allowed...

and again... when i read the TOS (that are the legal reference regarding the rules in SL), i dont understand the same thing at all...

of course, ones can think its because english is not my native language and my english is far afar to be great.. but... a lot of native english speakers have the same reading than mine.. and even with a poor english i would have been able to write this article in a more clear and non questionnable way...

but thanks to you and Madeliefste for your clarifications that make things a lil  clearer for me. Normally there should be no need for clarifications if LL knew how to tell correctly what they need to tell..

I wouldnt mind having to pay a small fee to access SL, or having to own a sim, or pay tier to own land to be able to get access if only Linden Lab would have kept it like this perhaps SL wouldn't have been griefed so damn much over the 3+ years I have been there dealing with garbage griefers ruining Second Life for years even before I was even in SL.

Its not always a bad thing if you get what you want out of your subscription $60 a year or even $80 a year isnt bad.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.