How to change LOD level?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's RenderVolumeLODFactor - but, it's better to toss out items that don't display well on the default setting and replace them with ones that have decent LOD behavior. No way will everyone bother to fiddle with that, so you;re only "fixing" things for yourself.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

It's RenderVolumeLODFactor - but, it's better to toss out items that don't display well on the default setting and replace them with ones that have decent LOD behavior. No way will everyone bother to fiddle with that, so you;re only "fixing" things for yourself.

I strongly agree.  Good LOD performance is something that ought to be built into the items, I always turn my LOD factor down when I am designing something with mesh, I do not want to make things that only look good to people who have machines that are not as capable as my own.

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

I'm certainly no expert opinion on desired LOD setting, but I have met enough people on SL to know that currently it seems to be more popular to raise your LOD to 4.  Practically everyone I know, und especially those longtime SL members who I meet I ask them what ist their LOD setting for my curiosity und almost everyone ist telling me they use LOD 4 always everyday.  Whether this ist only a short-term trend similar to when so many on SL made their Avatars into giants (no longer popular), or more recent when so many women believe they are sexy-hot walking about with their out-of-body-proportion, over-sized Kardasian butts larger than das doorway they trying to walk through?...giggles  I not know.  :) 

I can believe now that "most" people on SL who have purchased even das low-end graphic, non-gaming laptops, that those laptops are new enough to still be quite capable of running SL with most everything turned up...including das LOD.  I can much agree with some here who say they prefer to create their mesh on lower LOD setting...This "can" be gute practice of redundancy. 

Just my novice thoughts.   Auf Wiedersehen  :)

Edited by IvankaFuchs
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, IvankaFuchs said:

I'm certainly no expert opinion on desired LOD setting, but I have met enough people on SL to know that currently it seems to be more popular to raise your LOD to 4.  Practically everyone I know, und especially those longtime SL members who I meet I ask them what ist their LOD setting for my curiosity und almost everyone ist telling me they use LOD 4 always everyday.  Whether this ist only a short-term trend similar to when so many on SL made their Avatars into giants (no longer popular), or more recent when so many women believe they are sexy-hot walking about with their out-of-body-proportion, over-sized Kardasian butts larger than das doorway they trying to walk through?...giggles  I not know.  :) 

I can believe now that "most" people on SL who have purchased even das low-end graphic, non-gaming laptops, that those laptops are new enough to still be quite capable of running SL with most everything turned up...including das LOD.  I can much agree with some here who say they prefer to create their mesh on lower LOD setting...This "can" be gute practice of redundancy. 

Just my novice thoughts.   Auf Wiedersehen  :)

9aed2fc6544cd7d217182a7926909080.jpg.cf75db91cdced478eb67ad92fb26b966.jpg

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.