Why do items come in boxes when they don't need to?

Sara Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3966 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Rya Nitely wrote:

I'm sorry, did someone say something here? 
I don't have time for this thread anymore.

I'm doing research into the Byzantine Search Function now, which according to 'Not As Dumb As I Look', is a much more important issue to focus on. Then I will create a thread about it and see what customers think. You're welcome to join in...it's an important issue - I've been told.

Byzantine?  You would insult the Byzantine's by comparing Market Place Search to them? 

It is more like Neanderthal. 

Now quit being lazy and go make some boxes.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rya Nitely wrote:

I'm doing research into the Byzantine Search Function now, which according to 'Not As Dumb As I Look', is a much more important issue to focus on. Then I will create a thread about it and see what customers think. You're welcome to join in...it's an important issue - I've been told.

oooooh getting sarcastic. Are you annoyed because you miss your boxes? You are boxless in a box filled world with only a generic, cluteristic folder based delivery method to cling to.

It''s not too late to turn away from the dark side and to re-embrace all the functional goodness that boxes have to offer you know.

boxes_001.png

Porky Gorky wrote:

Rya Nitely wrote:

oooooh getting sarcastic. Are you annoyed because you miss your boxes? You are boxless in box filled world with only a generic, cluteristic folder based delivery method to cling to.

It''s not too late to turn away from the dark side and to re-embrace all the functional goodness that boxes have to offer you know.

I think I have found where all the boxes are going.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Torley/147/97/34

Can we talk about boxes some more?

Think I might start a new thread! lol 

To be fair, it's a forum! If people want to talk about bloody boxes for weeks on end... then they should..if people are bored by boxes.. pick up a book or take up knitting..  :D 

That's not a dig at you Rya, I just see some forum feathers being ruffled about BOXES! lol You have to laugh ! 

images.jpg

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

Can we talk about boxes some more?

Think I might start a new thread! lol 

To be fair, it's a forum! If people want to talk about bloody boxes for weeks on end... then they should..if people are bored by boxes.. pick up a book or take up knitting..  
:D

That's not a dig at you Rya, I just see some forum feathers being ruffled about BOXES! lol You have to laugh ! 

It's not a laughing matter young lady. It's a very serious issue indeed and the sooner the "boxless" realise this the better. They may have been corrupted and lured away by a seemingly more attractive delivery method, but it's not too late for them see the light and to change their misbegotten ways. We can save them and reignite their love of boxes!

Lets all start by watching this video....

I love Weeds and agree with you whole heartedly about the voice of the woman singing the theme tune, it's like nails down a blackboard.

Series 2, 3 and 8 had a different artist each episode performing a different version of Little Boxes, that was much cooler!

That woman, for those not old enough to remember the 1960s well, is Malvina Reynolds, who wrote that song as well as many others that were popular at the time.  One of the best songwriters of the era.  :smileywink:

Little Boxes was a wonderful commentary on the remnants of the 1950s suburban lifestyle that we were all rebelling against.  The sing-songy children's tune made it doubly effective.  IMO, it loses something in this video version by focusing on the metaphor instead of its message.

No, it just means cheap tacky post-war tract houses, scorned by elitists who apparently did not understand that people bought them not because they thought they were great but because they were all they could afford.  Same as now. I live in a suburb not because I love suburbs but because I can't afford anything charming closer in.

Ah so Tacky = Cheap.

Gotcha. 

I use the term "tacky" myself to describe something cheap or tasteless. 

I live in a ticky tacky house built in the 90s. Thrown up. 

In the UK old brick Victorian houses are built better. Anything from the 1960s onwards would be thrown up with ticky tacky materials.

I still pack my stuff in boxes because alot of my packs have a ton of stuff in them and I don't trust LL to send everything in a folder and my boxes have a group invite which has proven successful in building my main group. There are lots of reasons why merchants still box their items up. :)

• 1 month later...

my stuff comes in boxes cause of several reasons....

1.  My inworld vending system requires boxes

2. I can find things easier in my inventory if they are in boxes.

3. When i do an update, I can figure out what is the latest update by naming the box V2 or V3 or V15 *grins*...one new tray I am working on is alreayd on V4 *sigh* without renaming the product but still being able to tell which is the most current item.

4. I am a lazy kitty.  I already have over a thousand items listed on the marketplace, and I so don't wanna open all them boxes again.

For me, tho, the update thing is the most important.  *Shrugs* but thats me.

Kittycat Ninetails

Kittycat's Creations

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3966 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.