Migration Epic Fail - Entire Store Offline :(

LillyBeth Filth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I followed the instructions to the letter and whilst the 400+ folders were sent from my outbox (they disappeared after being sent) and no failure log is reported, I only have 2 items listed and they were ones I did separately before I did the full migration. (Yesterday)

The Listings page shows 517 items all shaded red and all saying they are linked to the Magic Box and therefore unavailable. ( I don't even have 517 items anymore..Its like the information is stuck and not updated or refreshed) 

LillyBeth Filth_Marketplace Listings Report.jpg

I can confirm that I did take the boxes from my land into my inventory. I also removed the Magic Box link from what was Xstreet.

I have refreshed my marketplace page several times and its been 18 hours since it all went **bleep** up so I have sent a ticket to LL but I am wondering if anyone might know why or if there is anything I can do.

I can't appear to manually set them up as nothing is showing as available "to" set up and its quite urgent as half of my sales from SL come from the Marketplace. 

I would be ever so grateful if anyone has any insight or advise as I have little faith in the ticket system.

Many thanks. 

Mornin, Miss Lily

One thing you have to make sure you do is name the folders "or boxes" exactly the same as the magic box listings for the system to automatically associate the new with the old.  If you've deleted the magic boxes from the old Xstreet site, did you click "Sync Marketplace with Magic boxes" at the top of your inventory screen?  That should make all the old listings disappear from your marketplace inventory.

Other than that, you'll just have to wait for the Lab to get to your ticket and help you out.  Maybe someone who has had the same problem will be along later with an answer I'm not aware of.  

Good luck!

Things haven't been working smoothly. My partner, who was in the DD Beta Group and is very technical minded, has a magic box sitting here with items still in it. He tried to move them over to DD yesterday but is getting error messages. He gave up....magic box still sitting here, abandoned attempt for now. Why he didn't do all this ages ago is beyond me *rolls eyes back*. I'm just so glad I did all mine a long time ago.

hum, from what i see on your snapshot, its the listing of your magic boxes, and its normal they are not active anymore, since sl shut them down since some day, and its also normal you cant now active them anymore.

have you checked in the following pages to see if the ones from merchant outbox are listed there ?. and it could be usefull you do a snapshot from them for we can guess what is happening. 

except your 17 unlisted items on the top of the snapshots, i guess you have tons of other ones and if they are not in the list on the top, normally its bec they are in the bottom list and so they are fine... Try also what Marcus said... they need to be the same name

btw, i dont want to seem rude, but im surprised that someone like you that is experienced and often reading the forum have waited over the last minute for the switching to DD.. if you have done it before the deadline, even if the new listing were imposible to be activated you could at least get your magic box ok the time you fix... and so the store wouldnt be down.... Well you surely had your own reason for this, and im not judging,but usually this kind of pb happened to pp i know that doesnt read the forum and so didnt know... 

That said.. Dakota promised that they will check quickly every tickets related to the switching to DD.. so i hope you'll be lucky and you'll get a soon fix...

Good luck :smileyhappy:

Hi

Well, I dragged the boxes into the area at the bottom of the Outbox window so the folders were created automatically and named automatically. I am assuming that means they are named exactly the same (?) 

I did click the "Sync Marketplace" link after I took up the Magic boxes and after I went to the old Xstreet page where you remove the old "links" that are linked to your magic boxes.

Many thanks for replying :) 

In reverse.

I actually don't frequent the forums much at all. I think I have less than 200 posts in 9 years of being LillyBeth Filth :)

I have no excuse really other than wanting to wait till all the kinks were ironed out before I did the migration. I rarely log into SL unless to upload or deal with a customer query and most of them are handled by staff.

Most of my time is spent creating or uploading to various none SL related graphic websites.

Also, I have a belief that "If it aint broke, don't fix it"    I was putting off doing the migration exactly because of what has happened.

I just knew there would be some technical issue...perhaps the irony is it is "because" I put it off that I now have the issue :matte-motes-tongue:

Following Pages? 

All I know is, the folders that were created in the outbox when I dragged the boxes over have been sent to the Marketplace and they "vanished" from the outbox after they had been sent.  Is that normal?

I have checked the error log thingie and it claims that there were/are no errors from sending the folders. 

To me, It looks like my store (backend) thinks that my magic boxes are still out and linked.

Here the interesting thing.

My magic boxes were working and people were still buying UNTIL I started the migration process... Then all of my products started to gradually go into that default "Unavailable" state shown on the screen shot so until yesterday afternoon...My store was working despite it being passed the cut off date. 

Is it normal for all the folders to just vanish from the Merchant Outbox when you send them to the Marketplace?

They all just one by one "went" and now my outbox is empty when I look at it in world. 

Also, I added two new poducts via the DD method a day or two before I did the migration and they were listed perfectly, they are the only two active products my store now displays! lol 

If you go to manage listings and click on 'Delivery' does it have any items there (besides the two you have listed) that are Direct Delivery?

You only have 17 items in unassociated and you said you sent 400 plus so the others could be in your listings - maybe under unlisted

You said you have more items than you had before - it could be duplicates of MB and DD

Check under 'Unlisted'

If you don't have any items under unlisted then you need to upload again. Maybe not 400 at a time though. Just batches.

The 17 items you have there haven't found a match with your magic box items to automatically associate - this usually only happens when the name is not the same - usually.

Well, for some reason, some of the products have now gone live (about 98 I think) with all of the Unassociated Items vanishing and the remaining products still showing as linked to the magic boxes.

If I try to edit any of the ones listed as associated with Magic Boxes (the list in red/pink) nothing happens.

Not sure if the rest will somehow make it through like the 98 that have appeared or whether I should try and relist them one at a time but then maybe I will be making matters worse by messing about. 

There does not appear to be a specific reason why those that have been published have, whilst other haven't.

If I reset the relevance drop down to "Newest" then it appears the recent products all appear to be there... 

I guess I should wait it out for a week and see what happens :) 

I'm going to assume you included the sacrificial virgin goat and said the proper words: "Klaatu Barada N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Klaatu... Barada... N...".

Oddly enough there are no sacrificial goats, virginal or otherwise in a marketplace search.

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

I'm going to assume you included the sacrificial virgin goat and said the proper words: "Klaatu Barada N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Klaatu... Barada... N...".

Oddly enough there are no sacrificial goats, virginal or otherwise in a marketplace search.

ooohhh untapped market. I'm all over that now. Thanks Dart! ;)

Okay so...

The reason why I have 350+ products unpublished on the Marketplace is because of the information provided by Support staff below.

At least I know and am not sat at the PC tearing my hair out trying to "Activate" listings that won't allow me to or edit listings that are shown as DD but refuse to update and go live! :)

From Support Staff 

The items actually got listed during testing by the Dev Team. 

There is an issue with some listings where if they have an SLurl that is entered the system may see the SLurl as invalid and display a not very helpful error message.

The products that were on your Unlisted section that had already been migrated to Direct Delivery were affected by that issue.

The Dev Team wiped out the SLurls on those listings and were able to activate them after the SLurls were removed.

Items that show as being migrated to Direct Delivery but showing under the All section and not the Unlisted section are affected by another issue that the Dev Team is currently working to resolve.

My only suggestion for the item that you were able to re-upload is to check to see if there is an SLurl entered on the listing and if so, remove it.

After removing the SLurl and updating the listing, locate the entry for the item on your Manage Listings page and click the greyed out check mark to see if the listing will become active.

If it does not, then it will be necessary to wait for the Dev Team to complete their fix and get it released to the web site.

They are working to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank goodness we have such helpful support staff.

At the end of the day it will all work out for everyone.....and we will think back and laugh about those Magic Boxes....'remember the magic boxes' we will say and we will all have a laugh about it. Tne newbies won't get it...only us old folk who are still around then.

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

Okay so...

The reason why I have 350+ products unpublished on the Marketplace is because of the information provided by Support staff below.

At least I know and am not sat at the PC tearing my hair out trying to "Activate" listings that won't allow me to or edit listings that are shown as DD but refuse to update and go live!
:)

From Support Staff 

The items actually got listed during testing by the Dev Team. 

There is an issue with some listings where if they have an SLurl that is entered the system may see the SLurl as invalid and display a not very helpful error message.

The products that were on your Unlisted section that had already been migrated to Direct Delivery were affected by that issue.

The Dev Team wiped out the SLurls on those listings and were able to activate them after the SLurls were removed.

Items that show as being migrated to Direct Delivery but showing under the All section and not the Unlisted section are affected by another issue that the Dev Team is currently working to resolve.

My only suggestion for the item that you were able to re-upload is to check to see if there is an SLurl entered on the listing and if so, remove it.

After removing the SLurl and updating the listing, locate the entry for the item on your Manage Listings page and click the greyed out check mark to see if the listing will become active.

If it does not, then it will be necessary to wait for the Dev Team to complete their fix and get it released to the web site.

They are working to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible.

WOW

you already got way better support then me. I was fined to ask them.

I did file a jira at April, about 2 weeks after I reported that bug.

The jira states the issue is resolved since

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.