Migration Epic Fail - Entire Store Offline :(

LillyBeth Filth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

I almost replied with:

"Really?"   

Then I checked your sig link out and realised I am an absolute prat 

What's a prat???

lol Czari ! ive found the french translation in Wordreference : it says prat is same as idiot lol...

*Waves to Trinity*  Ok, I'm thinking then that "prat" is an English (as in "those from England") expression.  Great teamwork - Someone from the US asks about a word; someone in France finds the translation of an expression that "probably" originates in England.  :matte-motes-wink:

Deja Letov wrote:

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

I'm going to assume you included the sacrificial virgin goat and said the proper words: "Klaatu Barada N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Klaatu... Barada... N...".

Oddly enough there are no sacrificial goats, virginal or otherwise in a marketplace search.

ooohhh untapped market. I'm all over that now. Thanks Dart!
;)

Heheh, I can see it now ...

Marketplace problems? Low frame rates? Bugs got you down?

Introducing a dual function goat available only in Second Life. Blame your SL problems on this handy goat using the scapegoat function. Later, load your goat onto the included altar and sacrifice it with the included ceremonial dagger using the sacrifice function.

Guaranteed to create a stench that will singe the nose hairs off of any nearby Linden god, making them take notice and get back to work.

Thank you, LillyBeth & Porky.  Who says SL isn't educational?

On a semi-related topic - talk about "selective sight" - until someone mentioned loving your surname, I thought is was "Firth" - and I've purchased your textures, seen your name around SL since I began, etc.

I *did* get new PC glasses recently.  (That's my story and I'm sticking with it!)

lol awww .

I do that... Not so much now  but my Mum used to called me a "lazy reader"  (amongst other things) 

I also have to say the internet has taught me more about spelling and grammar than my British school ever did.

Spell check in particular is amazing. One of the viewers for SL has a spell check and I can't live without it.

I cringe when I look at the spelling of really old products..  

Ironic Edit - Forgot to spell check and had 1 typo 

I feel like the internet has degraded my ability to spell since leaving college in the mid 90's. Since then allot of bastardised American English spellings have crept into my brain and I find myself constantly questioning my spelling. This has generally not been a major issue as I can rely on a proper English spell checker, however last year I started a degree in Computer Animation and I really came a cropper recently when it came to sitting my first exams, I don't have access to a spell checker so I really had to focus not to put bloody Z's instead of S's in some words. 

I blame these forums. We doez need to be teachingz these Americanos wot the bestest way of spellage 'n' grammar is instead of juzt lettin em make it up as they does go along.

Ah, yea. I know what you mean. lol I too have a mixed English / English American spelling style.

The use of Z where S should be is a constant for me now.

On the plus, my interactions with the American folk has taught me so much about various types of architecture than my limited British,"Small Town"  mind once knew.

What the Hell is "Siding" ? (2005) I  used to name it "Sliding" for over a year..  Most of what I have been inspired by comes from American movies.. 

I love American houses.. in particular the American Victorian big old houses with the hard wood floors... We just don't have that kind of stuff in the UK unless you're loaded. 

On the flip side, Americans adore our ancient Medieval castles ..there is one in almost every city and town so we're more "blah" about them.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.