Making a box

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry this is in the wrong spot but if someone can send me or tell me how to make a box so I can put my extra stuff I wont use (the original copies of what I unpack that they tell you do not throw away but take up way to much space) in it Id appreciate it. Im not technologically smart..So dumbing it down would be nice. thank you

Simplest option .. Rez ( create ) a cube. Name it or use hovering text-script to edit it's description. Drag stuff from inventory into it ( no mod / no trans - items will be copied ; no copy - items will be moved).

Or just get one of these, rez one and start moving things into it from inventory.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

NOOB SOUNDING ALERT!! Whats linking?

Most of the things you see in SL are made of more than one prim. To keep those prims together in one single object, they must be linked. If you've rezzed multiple prims, you shift-click on them while in edit mode. Each prim you click on while the shift key is down gets added to the growing collection. The last prim you click on this way will be the root-prim when you finally select "Link" from the edit window. The root prim is like the foundation of the linkset. When you later wish to move the linkset, the root-prim's center is where you'll find the editing axes.

Building is great fun, Sephina. If you'd like help learning, Hippie and his friends offer classes.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

NOOB SOUNDING ALERT!! Whats linking?

Most of the things you see in SL are made of more than one prim. To keep those prims together in one single object, they must be linked. If you've rezzed multiple prims, you shift-click on them while in edit mode. Each prim you click on while the shift key is down gets added to the growing collection. The last prim you click on this way will be the root-prim when you finally select "Link" from the edit window. The root prim is like the foundation of the linkset. When you later wish to move the linkset, the root-prim's center is where you'll find the editing axes.

Building is great fun, Sephina. If you'd like help learning, Hippie and his friends offer classes.

DEFFINITELY, I am so hooked. I made a snow man for fun.. Wish someone would have told me how cool it was before!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.