Sim Surrounding Issue

LilMistyLebed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The reason for setting LOD to 4.0 is to view normal prim polygons with more sides so they appear to more closely resemble a round shape....when viewed from a distance.  A wheel  for example.

You may be correct about micoprims  ...I realy dont know as I dont use microprims. As in  jewelery i guess you mean?

Yes..I agree  changing LOD factor  has nothing to do with  the "Sim Surrounding issue"

This looks more like a graphics card/chip issue.

LilMisty:  is this a new problem?  or you have always have this problem? I am going to guess  that your video card is overheating. Check to see if the video card fan is working. You do have a video card?   

Need more details about your PC to and video graphics be of any help.

Of course jewelry. But funny how people always suggest setting LOD to 4 because although it might fix some rendering issues (balls or circles as you said), it usualle breaks more than it helps. There's a reason why it's not set that high in the viewer by default (except you are using Dolphin viewer where Lance set the factor to 8 apparently not knowing what he is doing).

I've had mine set to 4 for over two years now, I've never noticed any problems, but then maybe I've been seeing everything all wrong! I did notice though that if I get a new viewer or something and it is set to default, setting it to 4 is a big improvement. I'll try default and see if I notice a difference in my jewelry, if not, I'm going back to 4. :P

I read your post and i am always open to trying a new viewer so i thought i would try the Dolphin viewer, so i searched it and went to their website,hit the download button.

I wound up with malwear and other crap constantly wanting to be a start up program, luckily Norton grabbed them and i was able to get rid of the crap,i never did see the Dolphin viewer.

This is the page i was on for the download

http://dolphinviewer.eregion.de/

The page i was on loooked like the proper Dolphin home page and not some other page that installs other stuff with it.

As i said i never did get the actual viewer only other crap.

Surely when one hits the download button,one should get the viewer, needless to say i won t attempt that again.

As for viewers i have tried almost all the viewers there is so i am not new to downloading viewers

That's how the mega sculpties of the sim surroundings look before they load. That can take a few seconds.

If they don't load try to clear the cache and relog.

Btw. I run around with a LOD factor of 4 for years now. No Issues. It has an influence on the distance the viewer uses another lod model for a sculptie and makes some sculpties look better at a distance. It will cost you some GPU powers in some situations. Never had any influence on micro prims for me but maybe I just didn't see them - who knows. :D However, this shouldn't have any influence for this thread.

Oh - and I suggest to use the official 3rd party viewer list to find the home and download pages of teh viewers. Don't use the 1st best hit on google.

The address is correct.
But as Charolotte mentioned, you have clicked on one of the adverts.

You have to scroll down on the download page, about 2/3 from top,
where the different versions for the different operating systems are listed,
there you find the text links to the file you need, e. g. for Windows it looks like this:
DolphinViewer3-i686-Windows-3.4.14.27321.exe.
The download itself is delivered from BitBucket.

Btw, I don't see the ads, as Google Adservices, Google Syndication and Doubleclick are blocked
in NoScript & AdblockPlus.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.