actual conforming mesh resizable

Jackhammerhp Strom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have made a new break through of resizable mesh that fits you shape and conforms to it face and all

hearing many complaints of mesh clothes and alpha layers our team decided to experiment

and made a avatar that will take standard sl clothing and skin textures this maybe a major step in development

three diffrent avatars same rigged mesh 2 wearing there own sl shapes look for more developments from TWisted Meshactual resizable mesh3_001.jpgactual resizable mesh4_001.jpgactual resizable mesh2_001.jpgactual resizable mesh_001.jpg

This is probably going to be a stupid and weird question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. The breasts on those avs look a bit funny, boxy and jagged a bit. Is that just how they're rendering on your system, so showing up in the pic too? As in they just don't look perfectly smooth on your screen but might look perfectly smooth on another person's system with different(maybe better?) graphics. Or are they actually built or made to look that, unsmooth, like a lot of not quite finished yet products.

I'm not judging the design or anything, I swear, I'm just asking cuz I'm curious. I think it would be awesome to have av mesh that was as smooth as possible and behaved a bit better than what we have now. Course I'd prefer it came directly from the lab, so everyone started out with a better behaving, and looking av mesh to begin with. But I'm all for new creations too. And if creators can make a human mesh we can wear that's smooth and better behaving that was still compatible with the stuff and clothes we've already made or bought, that would be even more awesome.

I've seen sculpt and mesh prim breasts before and not all of them look so good. Sometimes I can't tell if it's how they were made, or just how they happen to be rendering to the person looking at, or photographing them. Since two different systems can easily render things differently based on all kinds of different settings and options. Heck even on different days my system can render something perfectly fine, or not. I think my system has a mood disorder tho :P

Did any of that make sense?

Tari Landar wrote:

This is probably going to be a stupid and weird question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. The breasts on those avs look a bit funny, boxy and jagged a bit.

There is something very seriously wrong with those avatar shapes.  :smileytongue:

Compared to real humans they look as if they are from some alien planet:

huge blocky boobs, very wide wide hips, the waist like in a bee.

avatars-three.jpg               bikini-women-three.jpg

8a815470fd2550_full.jpg                                                                                  :smileyhappy:

Even though we cannot make the SL avatar shape to look exactly like a real body does, we surely can make a pretty close resemblance.

I wonder why it is that Second Life is filled with terrible shapes?

shrug-1.gif

Try going inworld, editing your shape, and sliding the breast size slider all the way up to 100. That's what you get. While some sliders are ABLE to go to extremes in size or shape, they're not really intended to. At smaller sizes, the breasts look okay, but at the top of slider, they start to deform and get blocky and jagged.

I just woke up, so what the OP is saying isn't quite getting through my very fuzzy brain yet. But, to be completely, 100% honest, none of those three shapes above appeal to me at all.

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

Try going inworld, editing your shape, and sliding the breast size slider all the way up to 100. That's what you get. While some sliders are ABLE to go to extremes in size or shape, they're not really intended to. At smaller sizes, the breasts look okay, but at the top of slider, they start to deform and get blocky and jagged.

I just woke up, so what the OP is saying isn't quite getting through my very fuzzy brain yet. But, to be completely, 100% honest, none of those three shapes above appeal to me at all.

I think what the OP is trying to show is that the mesh is 'stretching' to fit the breasts with out having to use an alpha to keep them from poking through the clothes.

As far as the blockiness as you increase any part of an Ava's shape, that is because there are no true curves.  Everything in the Avatar's mesh is composed of triangles.  So as you increase the size of the triangles you lose the subtle visual impression of the breasts, etc. being curved.

There is one thing that doesn't confuse me. That would be the top IS system clothes, or as some people seem to prefer to put it, non-prim. I believe that's what the OP is trying, among other things, to show. They've created a mesh av that can wear system clothes and skins. I don't know if it also wears mesh clothes.

I know if you make the sliders go way up, the boobs look huge, lol. It wasn't so much the size, more the fact that those boobs actually have sides. Like a square, or hexagon would. NOt even remotely round-ish. I've seen pictures, untouched ones, with people who have massive non-prim and prim boobs. They didn't have sides on them like that. That's why I was wondering if it was just a rendernig thing. Like it looks like that on this persons screen because of how their system is rendering, or if the boobs are actually made that way, being mesh. I'm guessing it's just the way it's beind rendered though. I can't imagine anyone would intentionally make boobs like that. Then again,might be a nifty niche market, oddly shaped boobs....hmmmm...

I don't like the shapes either, but that's just a personal preference. For me, I shy away from the ginormous boobs that can feed a third world country, huge asses that could crush same said country and hips that could easily welcome in that very same country. People that use those settings do tend to have the most tiny waists too, which makes them ungodly uneven, more than they already are. But, if they like it, go for it. I take a whatever tickles your pickle approach. It takes all sorts to make the world go 'round. It seems people in general, both in sl and rl seem to have some very interesting opinions on what is and is not the ideal body. I've noticed, a lot, I rarely agree with them, lol. So I'm quite used to others having ideals that confuse me, or make me chuckle.

exactly right we made the boobs huge heres another pic had to X out the nipples for the pic but of a smaller shape setting also we worked on the mesh on purpose to use sl clothing textures for a good reason clothing makers have 1000s of these nice clothing textures and we all know mesh does not texture well we are trying a new way of things have made some other new sl advancements in mesh such as pregnant growing mesh amoungst other things this is a new to us all so we gonna bend the limit and tryconforming mesh2.JPGmesh conform2.JPG

so basically  you are saying you made mesh avatars that can wear system skins and system clothes?

or are you saying those clothes are mesh and fit different sized avatars?

the way they hug the breast..it's just the same thing system clothes do..the reason for mesh clothes..was the freedom to not hug the body like system clothes do..

to have the items like a top drape from the breasts and jeans to have that edge of looking like you are wearing jeans..

or a skirt not having to have a crotch prim..

these look like system clothes..the reason i say this is because the same exact way the strings to the top get hidden by the size of the breasts as they ride up tothe shoulders..your tops are doing the same exact thing..going into the body and not wrapping it..

not at all like some sort of mesh..

do you have some examples of maybe an advatage to these over mesh or system clothes?

right now..i'm not believing this is a sort of mesh.. but just system clothes sitting on system avatars..

that or i am totally not understanding what you are trying to show that you made hehehehe

my example..look at the left breast  where the strap disapears into the avatar..the larger you go with the breast the more this happens with string tops and system clothes..

right click the image and open the link for larger sized image to have a beter look at the section i am talking about..

4815537686_1a6b44aff9_o.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.