Possible AR.. Need Opinions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello  can my friend file a AR report on someone who failed to deliver a product and now wont answer his Im's and even blocked him on sl.. My friend paid 2K for two sergal skins and only gotten one and now being refused the other skin or a refund.. What  is his options? Can he file a AR report?   I need to make sure so he don't file a report for nothing..

Thanks a lot for your time

Hi, of course he can but Lindens won´t get involved in Resident vs. Resident disputes.

However if there is a category under where your complaint goes, marketplace, scam ....

There is no perfect way for customers and merchants to trace an order from pay to delivery. Especially for transfer items getting asked for a re-delivery is a sensitive thing. If your orders are mod/copy there is no reason the seller doesn´t simply redelivers it. Write a notecard with a copy of your friends transaction history to proof the payment.

I believe a nice and firm talk to the merchant will have a better chance than AR.

Monti

it's always dangerous to talk about things of a " friend" , how sure are you that you got all information.

Even when you think you are right, it doesn't mean you get right.

-Perhaps your friend had too many messages and accidently declined the delivery?

-Perhaps the delivery just failed?

-Perhaps the payment was returned the next day, and didn't notice?

also keep in mind many creators/merchants use a second avatar for their non business second life, they are not always online, im's can get capped, notecards too when there are too many messages waiting...

shortly... there is so much what can go wrong in deliveries and communications, don't AR too soon, and also keep in mind when you AR and it's declined, and you get a counter AR from the one you reported, you might be in trouble.

You really didn't give complete information.  Did your friend buy it on MP or in world.  Did the creator just not respond or actually refuse to send a new skin and if so what reason did they give?  Does your friends transaction history show the money was paid to the creator or to Commerce Linden?

Your friend can only file a marketplace scam report if they bought it on the marketplace.  If they bought it in world then they can't.

Note too that if they bought it on the marketplace there is a bug there that causes the money to be deducted from your friends account and paid to Commerce Linden but the merchant doesn't get paid by Commerce Linden.  If the merchant was not paid they are under no obligation to send a skin.  Your friend's dispute at that point is with LL not the merchant.

Your friend paid about $7.50.  I don't know what he was expecting or contracted for but I have heard of many cases where people wanted hours of custom work for the equivalent of one hour of minimum wage and did not make it clear BEFORE the work started, or wanted additional changes at no charge.

So no, not the whole story.

The problem with failed deliveries (if purchased in MP) is that most people for some reason don't know how to look on MP purchase history, why people don't know to look there is beyond me. You will find that there is a note there that says something like "This item has not been delivered AND SELLER HAS NOT BEEN PAID if delivery fails within 8 hours you will be refunded". When a failed delivery occurs, LL has your money NOT the seller, so how do you expect the seller to refund you?

Honestly I've gotten tired of having to explain this to people, I wish LL would once and for all fix this failed delivery issue or at the very least make it more clear to the buyer that the merchant did not receive any money.

Further to Darren's post, I actually got a delivery "stuck". It still shows as awaiting delivery in my purchase delivery after a week and LL refunding my money. I had to file a Support ticket to get the refund. The money was refunded promptly (after the weekend when nothing was done)

One of the most common reasons for a failed delivery is multiple items placed in the MP cart prior to checking out.  A customer may receive part of the order, either from the same merchant or mulitple merchants which, to the customer, looks like the merchant didn't deliver when it was a glitch in the MP.  I personally buy items one at a time on the MP and don't use the cart.

Again, you didn't mention if the items were purchased on the MP, but just a tip/comment on that issue.  As for your friend being "blocked" by the merchant on SL...how do you mean "blocked?"  If the assumption is that your friend has been muted, what evidence do you have that has happened?

First, have your friend post here.

Unless the friend has been forum banned, there is no reason not to.

As long as you don't name and shame most folks won't object.

Second... have your friend send the merchant the transaction ID info:

https://secondlife.com/my/account/transactions.php?lang=en-US

It will look something like this:

Date Time ID Prefix Detail Debit Credit Balance
01/08/2013 09:59:35 76eeb031 Source: Commerce Linden 
MKT2 Item Sale 
Description: Order #1234567890, Item #9876543 (Somebody Resident) 

(This one is made up.)

Send that in an IM and a notecard.

Also paste in your order history from MP.

Wait a day... if nothing happens, file a support ticket, with the same info, and links to the item in MP.

AR only if all of that still fails.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.