Suggestions on how to get rid of this duck lip on my face..

Siofra Highmist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SO. Normally I'm not in your average human av, but lately while designing something simpler than I usually use I encountered something..

I've got this duck lip thing going on. 

Pic: 

Snapshot_001.png

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to go away? I tried a facelight, new skin, new shape.. not sure what settings to mess with to get it to go away if I can D: 

"not buy new shapes but edit the current one in that area"                                                                                                        

^^ that    ^^

The head is too small and short and round. 

There are problem areas in the system shape mesh and this is one of them. There is no easy fix for this. It would be best to remake the entire head.

This is the type of thing that takes some skill and is one reason why I hate to see other people's work stolen. Making a shape is not as presto change-o as most people think.

Other than getting a skin with some expert shading in that area, you will be stuck with duck lip or monkey mouth.

Siofra Highmist wrote:

I've got this duck lip thing going on.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to go away?

Donald-Duck_angry.jpgWhat do you mean, go away?

Well, looking at your picture it appears that it's noon or near noon.  At that time the sun is almost directly overhead and it can cause that effect.  Depending on the skin and shape the effect can be prominent or not very noticeable.  Tweak the lips sliders in appearance.  Darker lipstick and lipstick highlighting have also their role in minimizing this effect.

I would try adjusting the mouth sliders. There's a slider that controls the lip pucker.

Windlight would definitely remove the shadows. Just make a custom sky setting. You could make a combination of ambient and sun/moon lighting that makes your avatar look perfect.

If you don't have a graphics card that supports windlight, I would still create a custom sky settiing. You can adjust the sun's position. Move the sun away from noon which is directly overhead. You can also set ambient lighting and sun/moon lighting. Sun/moon lighting controls how much shadow appears. Setting it to black will turn sun/moon lighting off and turn off all shadows.

• 2 weeks later...

It's your windlight settings that cause that. It CAN be minimized not with the lip fatness but with the mouth corners. If they are below 50 that effect starts becoming more prominent, which is lame because I think most people have theirs well below 50 unless they want their avatar being obnoxiously smiling all the time. If you windlight settings are right and you don't get shadows on the face at any angle, this effect will go away regardless of the mouth corners sliders. 

I usually have my  settings for the sun set at exactly 6:00pm and that seems to put the sun at the perfect angle to NOT cast shadows anywhere on my avatar. Try it out and see if that works. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.