Update: Product Listing Enhancements and Stuck Orders

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Resident

Merchants,

There has been quite a bit of discussion on Product Listing Enhancements and stuck orders over the past few days on this Forum. Here is an update on these issues.

Product Listing Enhancements:
Last week, we deployed a fix for Product Listing Enhancements to allow them to start billing again. We refunded all PLEs for the prior two months.

After we refunded merchants, billing for Product Listing Enhancements started again. Not all of the billed enhancements correctly updated their renewal date, so we stopped billing. We have updated the PLEs that had an incorrect date and will be releasing a fix this week before we start billing again.

We are aware that there are some Merchants who have Product Listing Enhancements stuck in the “Charging, cannot edit” state. We are continuing to look into this and investigate what we can do to get those PLEs unstuck.

Stuck Orders:
Late Friday night through early Saturday morning, many orders got stuck in the being_delivered state. This morning we were able to force those orders to a completed state (allowing payments to Merchants to complete) and are working to prevent this from happening again.

If you are seeing anything different than the behavior described above (or have an additional problem), please contact support or file a JIRA. Please include order numbers or listing information as needed.

The Commerce Team

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However the orders that were stuck in the Being Delivered state .. and that you "unstuck" earlier today, did NOT send through their ANS transactions. Thus all products that should have been reported via ANS were not.

Please investigate this oversight in your "Order of Execution" (when ANS transactions are sent) and also manually send the ANS transactions that were lost due to this error.

Umm ... CTL? This issue has been going on for well more than a month. You've released three updates, pulled two back and are placing your hopes on this last one.

After all that work, all the concerns, all the posts and problems reported .. and it only warrants two sentences barely 18 words in total? I've been right in the heat of things here and while I generally pride myself on understanding what's going on, your Release Notes leave me scratching my head as to exactly what you mean.

Please edit the Release Notes and add enough descriptive lead-in, central issue and resolution commentary to make your document comprehensible to those that haven't been at your staff member's elbows for the past month. Please remember that we do not have the benefit of all your internal jargon, intimate knowledge of your code base .. and most do not even have the foggiest notion what really happened (other than they got billed a bunch of money twice .. and things are still broken).

Can someone please explain to me why commerce linden suddenly reached into my account and withdrew about 20k in one huge go?

How on earth am I supposed to plan my overheads when this sort of madness happens? How am I to know that this isn't some error and I am being overcharged. You cannot expect people to plough through 1,000s of transactions over months and identify what is what. Where is my compensation for this time I have to spend identifying forensically what has happened?

I don't understand why listing enhancements are still even active. Clearly people are being effected in a severe way by your inability to fix the problem. I know you have made token effort to reimburse those effected but with the same hand you are still taking duplicate payments...In some instances from the same people you are reimbursing. You need to suspend all enhancements now as you should have done when the problem was highlighted to you.

The words pissup and brewery come to mind.

markkemp wrote:

Can someone please explain to me why commerce linden suddenly reached into my account and withdrew about 20k in one huge go?

How on earth am I supposed to plan my overheads when this sort of madness happens? How am I to know that this isn't some error and I am being overcharged. You cannot expect people to plough through 1,000s of transactions over months and identify what is what. Where is my compensation for this time I have to spend identifying forensically what has happened?

Yes if they had something like a record of enhancement charges per item, that would be one thing, but to go through a list of months of orders?  I have to take dozens of screen shots and compare.I tried to plow through them yesterday but past page 2 I just got an error message.

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

The Release Notes have been updated with more information. Please let us know if they are still not clear.

Okay I did let you know the other day that they are still not clear to me.  I thought maybe you were planning to clarify again. 

Pamela Galli wrote:

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

The Release Notes have been updated with more information. Please let us know if they are still not clear.

Okay I did let you know the other day that they are still not clear to me.  I thought maybe you were planning to clarify again. 

I looked at them several times and finally realized they are very clear.  They fixed something for Linux!

I think the problem is everyone is/was expecting more.  Note carefully, CLT said they deployed "a fix.," one item.  There is one item listed in the Wiki.

I have been charged at least 3 times for the very same item in two days, it means:L$8697. I am not sure if I was charged also at the begining of this month, becasue I receive this message, when I try to see page 3:

So sorry to keep you waiting. We'll be right back!

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

I contacted support, and they told they can't fix it, told me to file a JIRA, I did but I haven't received any answer. Please somebody help me.

Order History.png

Same exact thing happened to me -- but if you go to your Manage Subscription page (I think that is what it is called) it may tell you the last time these were charged. My house, for example, was charged on the 11th and twice on the 12th, but the Manage Subscription page says it was last charged on the 7th. I am pretty sure it was charged (with a bunch of others) on the 4th as well.

Now, this is not just the one ad, but SEVERAL.

So Commerce Team Linden, will be refunded?

Pamela Galli wrote:

The problem is I don't really know how many times I have been charged for what. Presumably the CT has all that data somewhere. So I don't know what exactly that I need to report and where. Which is why I am asking them.

This is exactly why I am in agreement with Dartagan's post (on another thread). CTL has been very careful to keep all the necessary details of transactions either buried in incomprehensible reports .. or just plain unreported. When you hold the cards close to your chest and refuse to let even your partners (and the real "Owners" of the data) see the numbers, you also accept full responsibility for taking care of mistakes.

Clearly the PLE issue is a mistake. Thus CTL has the absolute and singular duty to use their privately held and unshared data to remedy the mistake. Customers like you Pamela cannot eke out the information you need, and you should not even have the responsibility of catching the mistake and reporting it yourselves.

@CommerceTeam Linden - It's time to follow-through and use your own privately held data to identify those improperly charged .. and refund them. Unless of course money is SO tight that you need to save the few thousand dollars this will cost you in refunds. But if that's the case then there are a lot more issues involved here than simple failure to perform. It starts getting into liquidity and viability issues.

So .. choice time .. either find and refund EVERY one that's been improperly charged .. or hold back and refuse to refund because the financial situation of LL is so tenuous that you run the risk of not being able to pay for cashouts and other liabilities that LL maintains.

Pamela Galli wrote:

The problem is I don't really know how many times I have been charged for what. Presumably the CT has all that data somewhere. So I don't know what exactly that I need to report and where. Which is why I am asking them.

I just got a refund, Pamela on something that I had not reported so hopefully yours will all be sorted out soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.