Update: Product Listing Enhancements and Stuck Orders

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they are done then I will TRY to access my orders and see if what I have been refunded is what I am supposed to be refunded. And that will take about a day, I imagine. 

If it wasn't for the ppl in this forum, right here, who would have alerted anyone to the problem?  Because I don't see it anywhere else. Certainly not the inworld group, where ppl are wondering why they are getting refunds. They did not know they were due refunds, whaddaya know about that.

I just received 26 refunds totaling just under 24,000L. TY for finally taking care of that. I've heard reports that people have been given refunds and then had it all withdrawn again and more so I'm a bit scared thats gonna happen. has that problem been fixed as well?

Also I still have 4 pages of things that were all expired months ago still there and saying "expiring" with next billing dates of october 19th and 20th... Im guessing these were reset to bill then so they would expire instead and go away? 

@CTL - Based on the previous few posts, it appears that your team is going about the process of finding, summing up and refunding all those Enhancements that deserve refunds. Thank you! I am glad to see that the efforts expended by your team are having real visible results.

I cannot say enough how much such extra efforts are appreciated, and the benefits to yourself, your employer .. and that ephemeral quality known as "Customer Satisfaction" by expending the energy to deal with this issue as thoroughly as you seem to be.

Please use this as an educational opportunity and in the future, when engaging in anything that will affect the L$ Balances of your customers, invest every bit of effort possible to protect those balances ... and treat those customers as though their real-life real-money account balances are at risk. As I'm sure is quite evident from the intense emotional component of posts on this (and other similar) issues, your customers definitely consider their L$ Accounts as "Real Money" .. thus it behooves you to treat them with the same level of care and respect.

I do understand that the ToS provisions declaring the Linden Dollar as a worthless game token are provisions with utmost importance to Linden Lab. I also understand that actions on your part could possibly be used as hammers to destroy that provision and the protections it affords. However I do not believe that simply doing your jobs to the utmost of professional care could be used to undermine that provision. It would be incredibly easy to prove to any legal authority that your efforts were not because you considered the L$ to have value, but were only because you are professionals and believe that doing the job right is part and parcel of your job requirements.

Again, thank you for taking the time to dig so deeply into this. I remain hopeful that by the time this is all done, absolutely every single charge applied improperly to customer accounts is refunded and that not a single refund due has been overlooked.

• Resident

We have completed the processing of refunds and have turned recurring billing for Product Listing Enhancements back on. This has resulted in the following:

• Merchants should not have been charged for any Product Listing Enhancements between August 7 and October 17, 2012. Please note that in most cases this was done as a refund.
  • The next billing date for all active Product Listing Enhancements is AFTER October 17, 2012, and these Enhancements have begun billing again as of today.

Please file a JIRA if this is not the case with your Enhancements. We apologize for any confusion and thank you for your patience.

The Commerce Team

I don't know of any other company that makes a customer, who has been wrongly billed, file a bug report before they are repaid.  Normal companies just expect you to contact their customer service department, who usually look into it while you are there, go oops!, apologise and refund.

what is so special about you people that you have to make it as difficult as possible for us?

Shaodie Parx wrote:

So I am guessing that as long as it says EXPIRING with a billing date of october 19th then it will NOT be rebilled?

Just trying to clarify since alot of people were rebilled even when it said expiring.

This.

I'm watching this very closely as I have over 20 items stuck in expiring mode. I don't want to be charged for these items.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I have 19 items stuck, and altho I had planned to renew some of them when able, now I do not want any of them --
I have cancelled all my other enhancements.

Howdy, Miss Pam!  I hope you transferred all those lindens to another account from the refunds in case the system decides to go crazy and recharge everybody again so you don't lose all that hard earned money for a second time!

I am also totally lost about those less or more stuck enhancements. I have felt that I have had all enhancements active already half year but never charged. On the contrary I have been refunded payments which I suppose I never done. SO who would be so cazy that complain that...except that I am not sure at all if those enhancements really have been active or ...well..I dunno nothing;)

Im stil total  lost in all those listning enchancements,

i had a refund this week  so i  tought it was all  fixet ,

now i get daily be charced again for lisntings with the most crazy dates

a 30  days listning and be charced after  17 days again and this is 1 example,

i have  18 active listnings, 6 be stock  in charching cannot edit  and i be charged for more as 20 x the last few days , i got a feeling we get total  lost with it .

G&T Alain zipped short mens boot black formal and casual with alpha layer and a pair with hide feet prims Feature this item on the landing page for category: Apparel > Men's > Men's Footwear > Men's Boots (L$999 every 30 days) October 04, 2012 October 21, 2012 active

I've paid for quite a few listing enhancements. I was charged a ton on one day. Then refunded even more another day. And am now being charged large amounts for the past 3 days. The problem I'm having is that the description for the charges is so generic there is no way to tell if I'm being charged the correct amount. Each charge should show which enhancement I'm being charged for. 

Also, how many months are we being billed for? I've been charged for more home page listings than I have subscriptions for? Are we being charged for more than one month. Could we please get more detailed info on what exactly is happening. I am beyond frustrated at this point.

Honestly...we should not be charged so much for these mistakes. I can't afford to not have my enhancements since they are the only way to be seen on the Marketplace. I won't even go into the mess that make up the totally irrelevant search results.

Some transparency on what exactly is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Oh within 30 days so far I've been charged 7 times for my enhancements and got 5 refunds. Got all kinds of stuck listings too. Nevermind having to make sure there's enough L$ in the account so it doesn't go negative all of sudden if they decide to charge me again at random, this will make bookkeeping for the past couple of months really inaccurate.

What are the Lindens doing that's so important that they haven't fixed this yet?

Ample Clarity wrote:

Something has gone terribly wrong. I have been charged over
100,000L
over the last 3 days.

O.M.G.!!

That's over $400.00 US!  I tell ya folks, I would cancel every single "enhancement" until they get this all fixed.  Who knows how long that will be though?

Let me ask you this...

If you were to transfer all your lindens to another account so they couldn't take any more money away from you, would your balance go into the negative?  Would Linden Lab pull money from your credit card attached to your account?  Or would all your "enhancements" just cease because you didn't have the money in your account to pay for them?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.