Average rent?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Actually average is 1.4L per prim. Anything higher and it's expensive.

Mainland rentals such as Zen Rentals offer mainland at 1L per prim.

Personally, I have lived in different places, mainland and private islands, beautiful places really, and never paid more than 1.4L per prim, my average is more at 1.3L per prim.

I don't see how anyone makes money on renting land $L1 per prim? Sim only has 15,000 prims and the only equates to roughly $55 USD a week. 4 weeks is barely over 200 USD

How do they pay tier? Must be grandfathered sims. But it seems that renting out land, the profit margin is pretty low. I guess mainland renting is easier and a bit more profitable than renting with private regions? I have always been curious how the land market worked with rentals and price standards

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

I don't see how anyone makes money on renting land $L1 per prim? Sim only has 15,000 prims and the only equates to roughly $55 USD a week. 4 weeks is barely over 200 USD

How do they pay tier? Must be grandfathered sims. But it seems that renting out land, the profit margin is pretty low. I guess mainland renting is easier and a bit more profitable than renting with private regions? I have always been curious how the land market worked with rentals and price standards

Some people are only off setting their costs.  Cost per meter/prim goes down as your land holdings go up.  I have a few friends who do this.  It helps lower their cost for the land they use personally.

My current rental situation is a special deal and I am paying actual cost to my friend.  But before that I was paying 550L a week for 2048 sqm.  This worked out to being about $1.50US a month cheaper than if I went premium and owned my own plot.

Linden homes have murdered the Mainland rental market.  But that's a separate subject.

I think when you are renting just a flat out piece of land it's usually right around 1.4L per prim. That's about what I pay. However, if you are talking about renting space in things like a mall or high traffic area, a lot of times they charge more. You are paying a premium for their hard work of getting traffic in. I remember a long time ago back when I first started there was this goth mall and I can't remember exactly how much but it was a bit more expensive, but it never failed, whenever I would go there, the place was crammed full of people and I got plenty of sales from it. I miss places like that.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

looks to me like Jessica Chung makes $5 US per month per sim .. renting them out by the quarter sim

not sure how many sims she 'owns' but must be quite a few .. for it to be worth the bother

Jeanne

Perrie Juran wrote:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Some people are only off setting their costs.  Cost per meter/prim goes down as your land holdings go up.  I have a few friends who do this.  It helps lower their cost for the land they use personally.

My current rental situation is a special deal and I am paying actual cost to my friend.  But before that I was paying 550L a week for 2048 sqm.  This worked out to being about $1.50US a month cheaper than if I went premium and owned my own plot.

Linden homes have murdered the Mainland rental market.  But that's a separate subject.

Same here, Perrie.  I rent an optimal Mainland parcel (water sim - corner parcel bordered on two sides by Linden Ocean) for a lot less than if I was Premium and paid tier for the same parcel size.  I use it "vertically" meaning I have a small "beach" area at water level, my building platform in the sky, my in world shop higher yet, and my home at 4000m.

I don't think there is an average. It all depends on what kind of land, where, and what you're using  it for. Mainland costs less than private. Residential costs less than commercial. Commercial costs less per prim than roleplay, since roleplay sims use some of the prims to build the public areas and still need to offset costs. Then there's grandfathered or not. You're not only paying for prims, but also for area, so homesteads tend to cost more per prim, bing a larger area....

Maybe if you ask "Average rent for ______ kind of sim I can give a better answer.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.