Greifing reaches new heights

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You did indeed, and you may like to go back to that thread and see my reply to the 'redtop' you refer to.    

On these forums, you must realise there are full grown shills, not just 'mere' LL apologists, but shills with a specific job to do in these forums; this is to mock, deny, dissemble any valid critique of LL's abysmal regard for their customers.

Secondly, yes, griefing is slowly getting out of hand.  Again LL know full well and do not give a monkey's, the shills know full well and mock, deny, dissemble ad nauseam.

For a more accurate feel of the SL residents as a whole, you better off posting on the SLU forums

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I got that crasher detector and gave him 500 lindens but had to remove it as it just spammed me seems it is collecting av info then giving it to shops, it only has one script, I don't think it does as it says I think it is a fake product to get av's info, but I had to start muting shops that spammed me a few minutes after I out it on, so I removed it and deleted it, the 500 lindens I will put down to me being a fool, I think you should check it out and don't recommend it any more.

You may not be aware that there is an official policy about the Blake Sea.  Here it is.

Linden Lab Official:Blake Sea Code of Conduct

It actually says "The purpose of the Blake Sea is to provide an open space for the Residents of Second Life to enjoy sailing, and therefore other vehicle types should allow sailboats to have the right of way." (bolding mine)  So regardless of what right of way exists in RL, all other ships have to defer to sailboats, even if they show up after you.

Given the history of why the Blake Sea exists and the official policy about it, I can understand why the local land owners and sailors object to having huge battleships show up there and start firing weapons  I'm not saying they  are handling the issue properly though. There is a very specific procedure that the group must use to deal with other boats including when they may return a boat.   I would suggest that you complain to the Linden that governs the Blake Sea group about the griefing in addition to the AR's.  Plainly they themselves are breaking the policy rules, given what you have said.

Perhaps what is needed is a sea for battleships where recreational sailing is not allowed.  People that engage in sea battles should maybe ban together and lobby for one.  I'm sure there are many people that would enjoy having this opportunity and it does seem to fit with LL's plan to attract more gamers. 

HI, I did but I feel bad now as I was ignorant of this war(been away for a month), I think the sailors think all people with warships are the same group, believe it or not I am in no group, I agree that the German battleships I saw were prim/script monsters, I tried to make all my ship with min prims and script, when I suggested to them that fine detail(100's of prims) is not very good at moving about and crossing boards, they implied my ships looked like kids toys, well they may not have the super detail they have but they do the job intended without using up a sims prims & script time.

I feel bad because I now realize that the sailors saw me as one of the warship group, that was due to me not communicating with them and just testing my things ignorant of what was really happening in the Blake sea, I will find somewhere else to test and hope they all sort their problems, if I had known of this war I would have not started this thread.

The lesson I have learnt is that I sit there thinking of the big thing without thinking of the people, I think that is a side affect of just working here and not talking to people here, it is hard for me to really talk to people here because lucinda and the rest of my alts are an idea, an image and not real people at all.

Sigren Panthar wrote:

You did indeed, and you may like to go back to that thread and see my reply to the 'redtop' you refer to.    

On these forums, you must realise there are full grown shills, not just 'mere' LL apologists, but shills with a specific job to do in these forums; this is to mock, deny, dissemble any valid critique of LL's abysmal regard for their customers.

Secondly, yes, griefing is slowly getting out of hand.  Again LL know full well and do not give a monkey's, the shills know full well and mock, deny, dissemble ad nauseam.

For a more accurate feel of the SL residents as a whole, you better off posting on the SLU forums

This would appear to be true, as the CEO of SL even prefers to post there than here.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

You may not be aware that there is an official policy about the Blake Sea.  Here it is.

It actually says "The purpose of the Blake Sea is to provide an open space for the Residents of Second Life to enjoy
sailing
, and therefore other vehicle types should allow sailboats to have the right of way." (bolding mine)  So regardless of what right of way exists in RL, all other ships have to defer to sailboats, even if they show up after you. ...

some of the Blake Sea officers, like the one Boudicca ran into, are pushing it to the limit and beyond in some cases. doing the "even if they show up after you" thing

+

is general understood by anyone who regular goes on the Blake Sea in any kind of boat that when is a scheduled race then to vacate the course sims while that's happening. to not interfere or impede the racers. is heaps of sims so is no reason why that cant happen

+

where the war squadrons are coming under attack, and losing, is a smallish group of Blake Sea officers who exploit the right of way requirement. outside of race times as they interpret is their right to do so.

like sailing into a sim were is clearly a war squadron conducting an exercise and then insisting that the squadron move out of their way. some of the officers (not many just some) then having forced the squadron to move then sail again at the squadron in the new position and then insist that they move again

when the squadron commander then says; what do you think you are doing? the officer says is my right to do this. and I am going to keep doing it until you quit and take your fugly away from 'our' Sea

is a provocation this when it happens

the war squadrons are saying this is not right. I agree with them

- Yes, it's correct that the Blake Sea (BS) has a special history and a reason for its existence.

- Yes, there is a SAILING FIRST policy in the BS. Sailing as in sailing with sails, not driving any vessel. So was the intention of LL when they made the BS.

- LL even asked the sailors (particularly MarkTwain White of the United Sailing Sims and Starboards Yacht Club) and his Blake Sea Group (BSG) to act as admin/sheriff/janitor on their behalf. But the ultimate authority is with LL. Their word is the law.

- There is a part of Blake Sea set aside as battle zone. These are some sims in the south-eastern part of BS, mainly used by the pirates community.

- On the other hand BS is still public protected water, open for all SL residents. Also LL and BSG often have clashing interests. This is bad planning  by LL since it's bound to lead to conflicts of authority. They gave the BS to the sailing community as a compensation for the sailing land owners lossses during the open sim scandal of 08. And now they're trying to wiggle their way out of the responsibility.

- I hate battleships, I hate everything with weapons and warfare, I don't like the mindset of people playing with weapons and killing others ... blah blah blah, you know the sermon, so I won't bore you with it any further. That said I fully support and protect the rights of the battleship groups since some BSG officers are trying to take away the battleship's rights as SL residents. They have the right to rezz whatever in BS, as long as they know the rules and behave cautiously.

- SL sailors are known to be pompous asses with an ellitist mindset and zero tolerance for other residents.

- Battleship skippers and pirates are known to be stupid clueless pubertary basement dwelling teenagers with a thrive to killkillkill and no regard nor respect for others.

Right?

How about some mutual respect and fairness and some fecking tolerance?

That goes for both sides!!! Know the rules, behave accordingly, try to got out of others way, don't confront them.

Boudicca Littlebird wrote:

Hi I got that crasher detector and gave him 500 lindens but had to remove it as it just spammed me seems it is collecting av info then giving it to shops, it only has one script, I don't think it does as it says I think it is a fake product to get av's info, but I had to start muting shops that spammed me a few minutes after I out it on, so I removed it and deleted it, the 500 lindens I will put down to me being a fool, I think you should check it out and don't recommend it any more.

I got very concerned about the product when I read under features, "Reports crashers to the SRTCS crasher database."

While the intent may be altruistic, I have an aversion to databases.  We've seen quite clearly in the past how they can be abused.

I passed on the product when I read that.

Ty for your input, I did mention your name hoping you would respond and you have, you have said exactly what I hope you would say.

Now I will help you with some info, many of the people you dislike are veterans, it is not about killing is about living the life they use to live and should be rewarded for as they let us sleep safely in our beds, if you don't like combat then you should have asked the lindens to move the combat sims, but the local sim owner makes a lot of money renting to pirates, you failed to mention that, the prejudice you show for the worlds veterans is appalling.

There is nothing wrong or sick about people wishing to stage historical battles, as the pirates do a lot and I noticed your ex sails about with cannons and enjoys combat in the pirate sims.

Well I didn't recommend it, just mentioned that I had come across it and that it may prove useful to you as you had been caught by a gpu crasher. Was free so there was no need to give him any money until the hud proved itself which clearly it didn't. I certainly won't mention it again to anyone though so thanks for mentioning its problems.

It is ok, you did it in good faith, I am a script writer, it only has one script called "dostuff", it started to display menus for shops and special offers, I asked him how it detected things out of interest, he told me what it did and I could not think of any instructions that would do the things he said, he said complex prims, well you can use getobjectdetails to get their info on any object after you have sensed it, but would you have not crashed before that, maybe I am stupid and don't know script as well as I thought.

Does anyone else know how script can detect if a object is going to crash you, this forum has many scripters maybe one of them could enlighten us.

But it was the menus offering me deals that upset me and made me remove it.

I have an alt hovering over the disputed sim now measuring my script time, so far every thing is stable, I will leave it there for a few hours.

16 wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

It actually says "The purpose of the Blake Sea is to provide an open space for the Residents of Second Life to enjoy
sailing
, and therefore other vehicle types should allow sailboats to have the right of way." (bolding mine)  So regardless of what right of way exists in RL, all other ships have to defer to sailboats, even if they show up after you. ...

some of the Blake Sea officers, like the one Boudicca ran into, are pushing it to the limit and beyond in some cases. doing the "even if they show up after you" thing

+

is general understood by anyone who regular goes on the Blake Sea in any kind of boat that when is a scheduled race then to vacate the course sims while that's happening. to not interfere or impede the racers. is heaps of sims so is no reason why that cant happen

+

where the war squadrons are coming under attack, and losing, is a smallish group of Blake Sea officers who exploit the right of way requirement. outside of race times as they interpret is their right to do so.

like sailing into a sim were is clearly a war squadron conducting an exercise and then insisting that the squadron move out of their way. some of the officers (not many just some) then having forced the squadron to move then sail again at the squadron in the new position and then insist that they move again

when the squadron commander then says; what do you think you are doing? the officer says is my right to do this. and I am going to keep doing it until you quit and take your fugly away from 'our' Sea

is a provocation this when it happens

the war squadrons are saying this is not right. I agree with them

After reading the official policy and from what the OP says, it appears that the BS Group is clearly abusing the authority they have and not following the policy.  They need to be brought into line by LL.

I don't think that this conflict is likely to go away anytime soon if at all.  The Blake sea was established for sailing and people with property there probably don't want to be part of a war zone where people and huge ships are shooting each other.  On the other hand, there should be an area that people who want to do sea battles can do that.  LL needs to step in and create a new sea for it in my opinon.

Hi I got that crasher detector and gave him 500 lindens

I'm confused here.  Unless he changed it since you purchased it, the marketplace has it listed for $0L, a freebie. 

Are we talking about the same Product?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Stop-Right-There-Crasher-Scum-Anti-Crasher-HUD/3561107

....... but had to remove it as it just spammed me seems it is collecting av info then giving it to shops, it only has one script, I don't think it does as it says I think it is a fake product to get av's info, but I had to start muting shops that spammed me a few minutes after I out it on.

Are you able to in any way verify that the 'spam' did indeed originate from this?  I sure don't see this wonderful ;) feature stated.

Lastly, I am going to reiterate what I said earlier about databases, as one reviewer pointed out,

"....however the fact it shows people who use crashers publicly shouldn't be included as it violates privacy."

What would happen if it falsely identified some one as we had problems with a previous product that falsely identified Alts?

Also, many of us are aware of a little loophole, unless the fix has been finally applied (I'd need to go back to test it) where the owner of a Prim can be masked. 

My skepticism keeps growing the more I look at this product and what it claims to do.  Maybe it does catch some griefing objects, but there was also the concern of one person, ".....i wouldn't test it to much with my main acc, because truthfully i wouldn't want my name or want weapons i use, on that list, some people on the list are testers....."

Now I will help you with some info, many of the people you dislike are veterans, it is not about killing is about living the life they use to live and should be rewarded for as they let us sleep safely in our beds,

Thank you very much much for conforming my prejudices. I always felt save without an army standing watcn at my bed. I never believed in that fable of "the russians are coming" since they never had any reason nor the will to invade western Europe. And let me tell you while Americans played duck and cover German and other European politicians tried to build good relationships with the east and made some good business. Reconsiliation is much better than building more and more missiles and ships and whatnots.

I'm not going to reward any veterans, neither of your country nor mine. They chose the job or were drafted, they choose the lifestyle, they did their time and now it's over. They get their pension from the pension insurance. There's the reward for the useless job they were doing.

if you don't like combat then you should have asked the lindens to move the combat sims,

No, I shouldn't! I have no business and no interest in Blake, I'm not part of the group, I don't live there. Neither the pirates nor the warships ever got in my way. Heck, I hardly ever sail in Blake anyway, it's the most boring sea in SL.. And btw, didn't I just propagate mutual respect, so why should I go against the pirates/warships?

but the local sim owner makes a lot of money renting to pirates, you failed to mention that, the prejudice you show for the worlds veterans is appalling.

Yes, the sim owners are making money from renting the sims out to the pirates. That's landlord business, and doesn't touch the subject at hand, so why should I menton that? I don't have much sympathy for them neither.

But please don't say I failed to mention anything. I just diregard the landlodr business as utterly uninteresting and redundant. At least I'm not the one touching 2 different subjects in one and the same sentence.

Honestly, I find it the worlds veterans more appaling. No matter if they from the East, West, from Africa or Persia

But this is RL, and doesn't touch the subject of this discussion. Neither does the motive for anyone to follow certain interests in SL.

There is nothing wrong or sick about people wishing to stage historical battles, as the pirates do a lot and I noticed your ex sails about with cannons and enjoys combat in the pirate sims.

There is everything wrong with the staging and reenactment of historical battles. It's sick and makes me wanna puke.

And what my ex does or doesn't do is not of my concern, much less of yours. I make fun of her all the time when I see her firing the little pixel cannons. And I don't think she actually gets involved in sea battles with her highly unrealistic pirate boats. Her interest is in scripting. And for that she needs to test the weapons, doesn't she?

BTW, the terminology of "staging historical battles" is a bit far fetched when you see what they are really doing in SL. It's just shoot'em up on  the lowest level. Kiddie stuff really.

Ty again you explain just how some sailors feel, I feel all reading this thread should read your comments as they show just how different the ww2 and sailors are, it is wrong to force the 2 groups together, this helps in the argument for have another area far from the sailors course in which to have battles.

I agree that the ww2 battles at mo are a bit child like now, that is because no real ww2 group structure has been created, this would follow I feel once these groups had common sims to meet and fight, at the moment you have one group fighting its self, this is how the old world combat sims started, once you have 2 groups then they start to organize raids, these develop into historical battles, example Sparta v Persia, these became epic battles to all that took part, was easy to get 70 av's in a sim, lagged like hell but none cared, in their minds they really were reliving the film 300, many made sure they used the right weapons and tried hard to out skill the film, even the booting down the well was enacted many times, I been down the bottom of that well a few times, but this how these games evolve in sl.

Now once the veterans has a place large enough to fight these battle so will they develop things till they are at a point to relive the things they did before or wanted to, you only have to give them the space and they will develop just like the old world ones of Athens, Sparta, Persia and Rome, I was in all armies and was there to see it grow and the same thing can happen in the linden sea for pirates and ww2 groups but all these groups need public and common sims to develop, the old world ones went though a stage of destroying themselves, they are recovering now, because all their sims were privately owned, the rules got stricter and stricter as to what cloths could be worn, that you use the correct greeting, that you role played the age and used the weapons of the age, some got to strict and people complained, this led to bannings, this led to the armies becoming un balanced due to trainers leaving mainly which led to a lopsided battle and the sense of fair play was lost, the bannings were the root of every problem, this is why the sims used for the battle must be public, if one sim banned a popular worrier then half the army would not turn up, so public battle sims are a must.

I did not know you had left the blake sea, as lucinda you were one of the first people i met there when i went to watch my first race and was not a very good encounter.

I did not know you had left the blake sea, as lucinda you were one of the first people i met there when i went to watch my first race and was not a very good encounter.

Boudicca, I never left the Blake Sea because I was never really there. I once rented a 1/4 sim from Nber and Mark for like  2 months  until I was broke. Later I became Premium and could buy my own land ... and I made sure it's not close to Blake. As for sailing, as a race director at TrYC in Triumphal (west of Nautilus City), I'm mostly sailing in my own races, in our neighborhood sims of Dunai and Bingo Strait. I never enjoyed racing in Blake and know it mostly from sailing through when we're on a cruise, Aprt from that you won't find me there.

I don't feel much sympathy for any of the involved parties in this ongoing conflict between the BSG and the warship skippers.

Nevertheless, you're right about keeping them apart. It's a shame but technologically the only feasable solution. I don't know how much space your warships need to maneuver and battle but I do know that sail race courses often span the whole Blake Sea and often far beyond. And when you're racing the nerves are highly strung ... and when then suddenly a grey wall appears in front of you, an impenetrable and immobile wall, that stalls and maybe even crashes you ... YOU GET FECKN ANGRY!!!

The problem is that the other three main groups using the space; the sailors, the pirates, and the aviators all have some real monetary investment in the sims surrounding Blake to support their groups. The modern warship people flat out don't. It also doesn't help that some of those using the warships have itchy trigger fingers and shoot at any aircraft that fly by. Yes I do think there should be an area for them to have their fun away from the main flight routes and race course sims. I also think it would be nice if they made some investment in sims to set up facilities to handle their huge ships. Until then, expect the conflict to continue.

• 3 months later...

I was told by a wannabe sailer that could not use the boat below in the blake sea last night because it did not have a sail.

I muted the moron and went about my business. I only listen to people with the last name of Linden.

These people with land rights were using gpu crashers? I would abuse report these people and if  the Lindens did not fix the problem, then I would come in and make sure no one else uses the blake sea.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sea-Duck-Duck-Boat-Pirate-Duccaneer/3234406

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old post, but all we know obviously is your side of the story. However, if true, what he had been doing does seem extreme. There had been confrontations between the sailing community and some obnoxious WW2 mobs at the time, so this may have been spillage from that bad blood, but that does not excuse his extreme behavior if true.

• 2 months later...

Well it seems you battle people have won. The Blake Sea is now an all-out battle zone. After a year of trying to negotiate with the Blake Sea Captain he has ruled against Fishers Island Yacht Club.  The South East quarter of the Blake Sea will be a combat Zone all the time. The Hawser SIM is also included. So if you like shooting at sailboats, rez at Honahlee Surf or the Hollywood Airport. If anyone asks you to stop refer to Mark Twain White rules for the Blake Sea. If you rent from him you can do what you like.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.