Greifing reaches new heights

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I came back after a months break, I carry on making my game, it has ww2 war ships, the moment I arrive in the Blake sea an officer of the Blake sea hangs out, waits for me to rez something, then rezes a sail boat with the nose touching my ship, takes a photo then returns my ship, lol, I then report him, I wait for the combat zones to be completely empty and no battle going on and rez another ship, like magic he turns up and stands on my ship, a girl flying a helicopter is landing, she ask him what his problem is, he claims we are obstructing the sea, then a gpu crasher is used and my machine goes down, I have to use system restore to get it running again, this girl im's and tells me she has demanded him to prove we were in the way of any thing, he is silent, I stay away for a few hours, this time I rez my little dock and he appears and tells me he wants to build a home on the spot iam in, lol I am in the middle of the sea in a tiny out of the way rez zone, I report him again, this guy is an officer of the Blake sea, he has stalked and greifed me every day, I have only been back 3 days and have been greifed by this guy every day, now the latest trick is his friends sail past me and my machine crashes big time, only a system restore will fix it, he claims the lindens and the local land owner back him, abuse reports don't work, his constant abuse is really stressing me out, I thought after a months break he would leave me alone, but he seems to spend all his time hunting me, judging that nothing happens to him each time I report him he must be right and the lindens do back his actions.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boudicca Littlebird wrote:

It is public land dear, i have my own plot, this guy stops me using the Blake sea PUBLIC LINDEN SIMS. you don't seem to know what the blake sea is. he was only given that power to set race markers, not return peoples boats with them in them.

But I thought you said in your first post he did return your boat, so someone must have given him the power to do that.   

A group of sailors in the Blake sea have officer rights for all the public Sims in the Blake sea, to put out markers and clear boats with no people in them, they are not allowed to return boats with people in, as none of you seem to know the Blake sea why don't you have a look, it is a very nice public area, and look at the group, you will see about 40 sailors and lindens have officer rights.

Better to look than guess don't you think?

I have and reported him twice, I did see him vanish in mid sentence last night and have not seen him all day, but he could have crashed, don't know I did wait for him to return but he didn't and today not a sight of him, but he upset a lot with his fake photos, not just me but all the ww2 boats were treated the same, I am just more vocal as you may have noticed and I know that sailors come here and are sure they know who I am talking about, ocra for one, but silence, lol, like I said he has not been around all day, wish I knew what the end of his sentence was, lol.

IT IS LINDEN LAND ONLY LINDENS CAN MAKE HIM AN OFFICER

He obviously has some major problem with the situation.

Don't reports take some time to be assessed and acted upon?

From memory it seems like weeks from what I have read of others comments here in the forum.

Do crashes caused by the GPU overload leave a system trace text file of evidence that you could use in reporting?

you have a warship that you are rezzing in the Blake Sea?

if you are then need be aware that is open warfare at the moment between the Blake Sea officers and the war squadrons bc of the lag that some warship commanders induce when they open fire with full broadsides and fullisades

as you now saying and others can confirm the warship commanders are losing the Battle of Blake Sea

linden aren't going to interfere in this seems like. you and every other commander of warships, helicopter gunships, etc are on your own. may the best side win and all that

Do they, the crash is so bad that I have to use system restore, that's the only option I have when restarting, it seems to do things to the graphics card that make the whole machine freeze and  does a auto repair and restore, takes ages, it happened after contact with him, like he has his say then your out of it, but like I said he vanished mid sentence, and what was odd that about 15 mins later about 8 sail boats turned up and needed to go where I could see them on the map, so I deleted all long before they got to me and floated above but as they came into the sim under me I was crashed big time again, the repair takes almost an hour to fix, this will put me going to the Blake sea, so I am fitting up an alt now to take my place there, I can't spend very long there now, I get crashed every time, only happened since I reported him for returning the boat, as I was in it he did break the rules of the Blake sea, I suppose crashing me is the same as returning as taking a hour to get back, I have got a laptop as well that I am setting up sl on so I can log back on while the PC repairs, but wont go into the Blake sea with it.

I have been away for a month, bet you liked the peace, thanks for the info I did not know, ty, I only make them and test them in the Blake sea, I don't play with them, lol, so there is war now, lol, ty for the info.

yes. has been going on for a while now. you just got caught up in it seems like

ps. maybe you might get to seen what happens when you get two three four warships sitting on adjacent sim rez zones. is absolute bedlam. they only 3750 prim sims most the Blake Sea and is a real mess sometimes

Ok so there is a war, but why pick on me, I don't play with any of them, I did a bit of shooting once or twice, lol, but only when I was making the guns, fin that ages ago, I am doing the minor bits like sea rescue and medical care, biggest ship I rezzed since I came back was a destroyer and didn't fire the guns, just tested that the drones protected the ship, well stayed near it, but could not do as even my 30 meter destroyer was to big for him, even though his sail boats are bigger.

Yes, the big worn ones are a pain, I did tell some Germans there that wearing all those prims and scripts would turn the sim to clay, all my ships are 30 prims, I have min script, the battle ship is the biggest at 112 meters long but is still 30 prims and ha the same script as the small pt boat, I made a compact boat system script, a fraction of all the sailors boat scripts and uses the latest tech and instruction, so you can't include my boats with the German boats, but I know exactly the boats you mean, they want high detail and wear 100's of prims and they use VICE in every weapon making it a script night mare, VICE is very very script heavy, they should all use my system one script can do many weapons, in fact a whole ships worth, lol.

That's the fleet, I am sitting in the rescue coptor, has a real working winch.

FLEET.png

Ok so there is a war, but why pick on me, I don't play with any of them, I did a bit of shooting once or twice, lol, but only when I was making the guns, fin that ages ago, I am doing the minor bits like sea rescue and medical care, biggest ship I rezzed since I came back was a destroyer and didn't fire the guns, just tested that the drones protected the ship, well stayed near it, but could not do as even my 30 meter destroyer was to big for him, even though his sail boats are bigger.

if what you say about that officer can be shown to be correct then he is not fighting fair

having a warship on the water is not any kind of offence unless is actual blocking a Blake Sea racing lane while a schedules race is underway

doing full broadsides without any consideration for anyone else who might be boating on the sim is probably not good either

but sailing round on a ginormous ship is not any kind of offence all by itself.

just add. people who do boating in SL follow the same rules of the real world seas. like who has right of way and all that. if don't know what they are then best to learn and then you shouldn't have any problems

+

edit

just think a bit more about what you said happen. the officer rezzed his boat yes? if so that means you were sitting on the rezz zone. don't think you can do that. like just sit on them. the general rule of civil behaviour with rezz zones is that you rez your boat/vehicle and move off so that any person waiting can do the same after you. which they cant do if you sitting on it with a big boat

It also extends to flying Military Aircraft in the Blake Sea Area.   Many of the people flying military aircraft or sailing military ships are veterans themselves.   This amounts to nothing less than a display of Anti-military Bigotry that is at least tacitly supported by SL/LL.   I have had encounters a few times myself while operating my Aircraft Carrier.  Sail boat drivers complain they have the right of way.  Learn the law of the sea jerks, a Man of War, or any vessel launching or recovering aircraft,  is a vessels with resticted movement  and therefore always has the right of way.

If you encounter this, and you are not one of the bigots, contact the makers of military ships and aircraft and encourage them to band together and apply pressure, citing loss of sales and therefore loss of revenue to SL/LL.

Maybe their minor streak of capitalism will have sway over their naturally occurring San Francisco liberal  hatred of anything military.  If not maybe a little well placed bad PR in out world blogs about their hatred of all things military and of Military Veterans might turn the tide.

I plan to continue to fly my jets, from my airstrip on a private sim abutting the Blake sea, low and at high speed over  public lands and conduct Air Operations from my Carrier in public waterways anytime and anywhere I damn well please.  

Hi, this is all new to me, I did not know that war had broken out, as I am a maker to if any other makers want my support I will give it and my account of the treatment of the last 2 days, like I said I was away for a month and seem to have come back to a diff world, but ty all for the info, I don't feel so bad now, lol, I did think the sailors had gone mad and were stalking me, but I know the truth now, I don't chat with the people in the Blake sea I am always to busy getting things done and it is taking to long and longer than I thought, I will try to find other places to test things, but the Blake sea is great as it has things on the sea floor to confuse sonar's and lots of other real life things like to many boats, all good things to test with, but I do think to treat veterans like that is bad, if anything they should have the right of way, but we live in a world that has lost its morals.

They do have groups of 4, the beta group, that's the sim I took the picture in, but only the end quarter is sea and plain barren flat sea bed ok for a short straight line but not good for sea trials, can do short range weapons, but the battle ship guns have a range of 1000 yards and the aa guns have a bigger range, past draw distance, they all fire physical shells, so the AA guns must be faster to hit planes at the end of max draw, the 18 inch battle ship shells are full size and are thrown from the gun at 80 meters a second so you can see them and have to angle the guns to get the range like real life, each turret fire 3 of these huge shells, these break up into 20 bits on contact doing damage all around them, I have to admit 2 battle ships firing broad sides will make it impossible to move in the target area as each shell breaks into 20, but it was like that in real life, if you were the target area of a bombardment then you could only hide and not move and hope one didn't land near you.

Having read the whole of this thread, and being familiar with some of the goings-on in the Blake Seas, I would say this particular officer is abusing his land rights privileges and being far too territorial.  I mean, if you were in violation of any of the Blake Sea sims rules, undoubtedly you would have received at least a warning, if not a suspension, for having rezzed your magnificent vessels by now.

And you haven't.

Therefore you are not in violation of anything, and you certainly do have as many rights as anyone else to be making use of the public Blake Sea waterways. 

From a distance, LL are probably enjoying the extra battle - the battle of wills - that is taking place between yourself and this officer.  He is not, I feel, playing fair though. And that is just bad sportsmanship.  It is a pity you cannot command a pirate ship and take him hostage :matte-motes-evil-invert:

I have no good advice to offer you on this one.

LOL, ty, now I know it is a war I feel better, I did think it was me and I had attracted a nutter, yes he is over stepping the mark, but thinking about he did stop me from working and attract that side of me that is not very nice, you all know you have all seen that side of me, lol, but I will leave him alone now I know he is not picking on me.

to be fair to the Blake Sea group. is a big back story to the Blake Sea

back in the day was a big private island consortium called OSS. they had about 600 sims set up as a sailing continent. they buy a whole bunch of Openspace water sims when linden first made them available to add heaps of water to their continent so they could sail on them

linden then jack up the price of the Openspaces. was huge uproar about that from just about everyone in SL at the time. not just from OSS. everybody

so OSS consider making a whole new sailing world using OpenSim. which was pretty new at the time. and leaving SL altogether

linden kinda panicked about that bc other big land barons were doing the numbers on that as well. the danger for linden was that if OSS did leave and set up elsewhere then maybe other barons would follow them. at least 600 sims, maybe more even, all leaving in one hit was a big deal

so linden cut a deal. OSS moved their continent near to mainland. and linden joined it by making the Blake Sea and giving control over it to OSS so that they could run their sail boat races without linden having to police them for greifers and stuff while the races were being run. while also understanding that the Blake Sea would be open to the general public in those areas and times when a scheduled race wasnt being run

+

ok this is where it gets political

some officers/members of the Blake Sea group feel that bc of the back story then the Blake Sea is for sailing only. i don't think that the original lindens who made the deal (Jack Linden?) and the original owners of OSS saw it that way exactly. even if some members/officers and some latter day lindens maybe would like it that way

+

edit: just to complete

about the land barons. I think the panic was that OpenSim was being driven by Adam Zaius. He owned Azure Islands and a couple of other SL continents at the time. which if I remember right was 2nd biggest in SL after Anshe Chung. if OSS went to OpenSim then would that provide enough financials to really kick start a whole new other world in competition to SL. And would Adam Zaius drop his own SL sims and build out Azure on what was then his own project as well. and would Anshe follow

l

LOL, ty, now I know it is a war I feel better, I did think it was me and I had attracted a nutter, yes he is over stepping the mark, but thinking about he did stop me from working and attract that side of me that is not very nice, you all know you have all seen that side of me, lol, but I will leave him alone now I know he is not picking on me.

that's the way :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.