Greifing reaches new heights

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LOL, I do have pink, each plane has a texturepaint script, the whole paint work is a single texture for every plane, the texture is made up of all the parts and you just strech it in the relevant direction, this helps with lag as  all the planes only need one texture to show all the parts, but the captain perms to change the textures of anything rezzed from his ship, lol, so he only has to shout "color pink" and all in shout range will turn a nice shade of pink, lol, I shout pink if we have a drama queen, also there is a texture command for sides like "side usa" and one where you can put your own by shouting "texture UUID key".

Also you can shout "color <1,1,1>" or any color vector, the ships only change the flag on the side command, they don't have texture or color commands, but all the planes and helicopter do, plus the helicopter has a red cross command "side redcross"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if some sims in the far west were made combat like the sims in the Blake sea then the problem would go away, say for example Porter,Farragut, Sapas and Nepthys, those 4 would suit, would be nice to have more and be able to use the Nautilus dock the station aircraft carriers so planes could take of, and maybe use Rodel as another port for another side, this would make use of the underused west and give all docks and airports a new lease of live and give the sailors of the Blake sea the privacy they seem to need.

16 wrote:

having a warship on the water is not any kind of offence unless is actual blocking a Blake Sea racing lane while a schedules race is underway

how is it even possible for sailboats to race ??

i ask because i have a sailboat & i took it out w/ the sailing club on sunday .. & i was trying to follow some of the other boats since i didnt really know where we were going .. & i had a hard time keeping behind the smaller boats .. my sailboat just went too fast & i had to keep slowing it down so i wouldnt pass them .. & then @ the sim boundaries i crashed or my sailboat went up in the air & spun in circles ..

so yesterday the sailing club went out again .. i didnt go w/ them cuz it was no fun crashing @ sim boundaries .. but i was chatting w/ some of the sailors in group chat & i mentioned crashing & my boat flying .. so someone asked me what kinduv boat i had .. i told them & they said that it crashes @ sim boundaries because its too big & fast !!! they said i need a smaller slower boat to sail with them .. so if my boat is too big & fast to cross sim boundaries how is it possible to have sailboat races?  & how do big warships cross sim boundaries?

Jeanne

It is not the size I think or the speed as planes fly faster but it could be the amount crossing, what I have noted with the racers as I stop work till they are gone and I watch them, they cross the boarders at an angle, and what I have seen is 3 or four crossing at the same time, even though they are not level with each other, I have noted at moments like that you are lucky to get any boats cross at all, and this is because of the angles that the courses are, when they make these course the don't think of the square nature of sl but see the whole sea as one sim, I don't have that kind of problems even with the huge carrier, mainly cos it crosses on its own, I don't know what would happen if 4 carriers crossed the boarder at the same time, maybe they would crash to.

Boudicca Littlebird wrote:

It is not the size I think or the speed as planes fly faster but it could be the amount crossing, what I have noted with the racers as I stop work till they are gone and I watch them, they cross the boarders at an angle, and what I have seen is 3 or four crossing at the same time, even though they are not level with each other, I have noted at moments like that you are lucky to get any boats cross at all, and this is because of the angles that the courses are, when they make these course the don't think of the square nature of sl but see the whole sea as one sim, I don't have that kind of problems even with the huge carrier, mainly cos it crosses on its own, I don't know what would happen if 4 carriers crossed the boarder at the same time, maybe they would crash to.

hmmm.. thats interesting Boudicca .. i tried to cross @ right angles .. assuming that it would make it easier .. ill try crossing @ like a 45^o angle & see if that helps .. thanks!

Jeanne

I think it is the amount, also take all worn script of and any cloths with resizes. I have found to much worn script, I make meters from 64k to 3 meg, the big system of 3 meg did create problems, so I made a naval meter of just 112k, and that works perfect, no trading system only combat, disease, food, drink and drugs, but worked perfect.

Also 90 degrees is the best angle, but many course are 45 degrees, so 1st 2nd and 3rd all cross at the same time.

I think it is the amount, also take all worn script of and any cloths with resizes. I have found to much worn script, I make meters from 64k to 3 meg, the big system of 3 meg did create problems, so I made a naval meter of just 112k, and that works perfect, no trading system only combat, disease, food, drink and drugs, but worked perfect.

Also 90 degrees is the best angle, but many course are 45 degrees, so 1st 2nd and 3rd all cross at the same time.

yeah .. iv been told that scripts interfer @ crossings .. im not all that scripty .. flexi hair AO MystiTool .. thats about it .. if i hav2 take everything off & look & move like a newbie guess id rather not sail .. my sailboat isnt like a huge old sailing ship .. its just a single mast w/ 2 sails & an outrigger .. i like it but it may be more trouble than its worth

Jeanne

I have flexi hair with no script in it, i don't wear things like the misty hud, i did once, but thought if one hunts for problems one finds them, so stopped wearing it, if i don't see then i don't get hurt, but i have just got that crasher detector, see how that goes.

that crash detector kept spamming me so i turned it off .. i do like the radar & the flight accelerator tho :) .. i thot that hair flexed cuz it has a script in it .. maybe not always tho .. alota bout how sl works or fails to .. mystifies me :P

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

oh cool! thanks Innula ..

i knew how to rezz a prim & move rotate & stretch it .. & how to put a texture to it .. but id never played w/ the features tab .. its easier to make things move than i thot !!

thanks again
;)

Jeanne

I'm still waiting for someone to come up with a realistic looking flexi penii.  You girls get all the good jiggles and us guys just get stuck with a rigid prim.

Perrie Juran wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

oh cool! thanks Innula ..

i knew how to rezz a prim & move rotate & stretch it .. & how to put a texture to it .. but id never played w/ the features tab .. its easier to make things move than i thot !!

thanks again
;)

Jeanne

I'm still waiting for someone to come up with a realistic looking flexi penii.  You girls get all the good jiggles and us guys just get stuck with a rigid prim.

id just settle for one that wasnt so big it comes out the backuv my head or smalluv my back !! :catfrustrated:

Jeanne

Wow! war in the Blake Sea, that is fascinating.

I would have to say this is good in a way that, that many people go to the Blake Sea and use it.

I wasn't aware of the history, groups and individuals involved with it.

I am also glad that it isn't necessarily an issue of deliberate stalking or harassment and amazed that someone is attempting to address the scurge of gpu crashers. (which I haven't experienced yet).

Good information for everyone here.

Judging by the thread about new linden products suggest it will all be in vain, sl has a limited live span it would seem, don't think i will be making any new products or waste time thinking of new things.

SL is their cash cow tho .. they hav2 keep SL going to pay for their new projects .. what it means is that all the $$$ they rake in from SL will go to these new projects & they wont spend a cent to improve SL

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

16 wrote:

having a warship on the water is not any kind of offence unless is actual blocking a Blake Sea racing lane while a schedules race is underway

i ask because i have a sailboat & i took it out w/ the sailing club on sunday .. & i was trying to follow some of the other boats since i didnt really know where we were going .. & i had a hard time keeping behind the smaller boats .. my sailboat just went too fast & i had to keep slowing it down so i wouldnt pass them .. & then @ the sim boundaries i crashed or my sailboat went up in the air & spun in circles ..

so yesterday the sailing club went out again .. i didnt go w/ them cuz it was no fun crashing @ sim boundaries .. but i was chatting w/ some of the sailors in group chat & i mentioned crashing & my boat flying .. so someone asked me what kinduv boat i had .. i told them & they said that it crashes @ sim boundaries because its too big & fast !!! they said i need a smaller slower boat to sail with them .. so if my boat is too big & fast to cross sim boundaries how is it possible to have sailboat races?  & how do big warships cross sim boundaries?

Jeanne

slowly. like them sailors already tell you. going slowly across sim boundaries applies to all types of SL vehicles pretty much

16 wrote:

Jeanne

slowly. like them sailors already tell you. going slowly across sim boundaries applies to all types of SL vehicles pretty much

well .. some race itd be then .. if you hav2 slow down to switch sims ..

Jeanne

sailboats have a weather engine built in. so that they work pretty much like real ones

if the boat is going into a headwind then it will eventually stall and stop, unless you tack. tacking in SL is as painful as it is the realworld. painful meaning slow. when going downwind then the boats run quite fast same as in real. so is best to tack to scrub off speed before going across the sim border. is why the best SL sailors always appear to be crossing at an angle

16 wrote:

sailboats have a weather engine built in. so that they work pretty much like real ones

if the boat is going into a headwind then it will eventually stall and stop, unless you tack. tacking in SL is as painful as it is the realworld. painful meaning slow. when going downwind then the boats run quite fast same as in real. so is best to tack to scrub off speed before going across the sim border. is why the best SL sailors always appear to be crossing at an angle

ahso!  thanks 16 ;)

Jeanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.