What will you finally enjoy or enjoy more when the latest SL 'shining' effort reduces lag?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

They are shining their servers...or code...maybe both, maybe they do need to shine the servers because they are saying it is a big server upgrade and the old ones that may stick around could be dusty and would need to fit in...so, yeah.

What will you ejoy more or enjoy at last when the lag is slayed?

For me, it is obvious. I wlil not mention it least the spam label flies into peoples minds. But, yeah....physics will be better so all things physical will be more fun! This will most likely take a back seat to improving other things, but if all goes well physics engine stuff will get at least a bit more smoothness from what it already has gained without the spikes of oddity that may occur now and then.

What will you enjoy more when/if the lag is slayed? If you don't beleive it can be, then what would you enjoy IF it where reduced significantly?

Thanks for any responses. I see so much complaining (some of it is rather sad, the direct delivery thing is delayed again and again) so...yeah, it may be nice when all the work is done and there are less things to complain about or be upset with. For those eternal pessimists, you can still join in with a wish list!

If it can be slayed, I probably will find my attention inworld won't wane so much that I veer off into these forums constantly.

___

Loving your signature line, by the way, and have been taking heed of it.  I've been swapping high fat cheese with beetroot and now I'm sh1tting p1nk :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

(mmmm pretty)

If lag were done away with, I would enjoy shopping more, I feel bad sometimes when I get frustrated that textures are loading slow, because I feel like I may be missing out on seeing some great  stuff, but I don't always have time to just stand around waiting for a minute or two.

Driving a car or a plane without crashing.

With only 250 kbps maximum download speed for SL, and the fact that I live in Southeast Asia, sim-crossing with anything faster than an airport baggage will almost certainly crash my client.

Maybe I'm expecting too much =/

I'd be surprised if lag is reduced...

never in my life I can live in a lag-free environment, yes I agree with that, but I'm used to it and I do not see much mesh (junk PC over here) but one of these days, I can only imagine having a great time with SL.

Theres still plenty of opportunity in this virtual world.

Warden Stillwater

Jenni Darkwatch wrote:

improve the caching mechanisms.

that^^^ that^^ that^^^

i so want that.  i got over 200gb spare on my hard drive and is super fast compared to my adsl connection. if linden made a cache and let me make dif size partitions in it for my clothes and attachment textures and another one for my home sim and others for my most common visit places and then the rest for all the casual places then be really great. also if i could cache my inventory folders links. same if able to cache groups and friends links and profile data that be good as well. then if they could somehow do some kinda delta encoding to do cache updates then that be way cool

if linden done the cache thing like really well and never did anything never again ever after that then i be happy

just about everyone would be happy as well. probably make SL go at least 2 times faster. maybe even 4 or 5 times faster for people on slow connections but with middle to good computers

I really do not experience much lag since I upgraded to a more than adequate computer.  I only experience "lag" when I wander into unfortunate regions that are not built/optimized well (mostly mainland regions).  Somehow I don't expect that to ever change no matter what new "shinies" or hardware LL throws at the problem (especially if LL insists on stuffing even more regions per server).  

Many residents will always push things to the breaking point with very little restraint, but that is the price of creative freedom.

I think you all missunderstand what lag is, seems you are looking at sl with rose coloured specs and not understanding that sl is a business, let us suppose for one second that I am the CEO of linden labs, this is what I would do.

I would find the range of lag that was acceptable so I could put as many sims as I could on one server, I would only allow money on code development that could increase the amount of sims on a server, I would push the lag to a point just below the point you leave if I could get one more sim on the server, I am not as hard as those that make millions.

You wont find a post in any of mine or alts complaining about lag, to me lag is an opportunity, gives me a chance to make better code than the rest, because lag is a constant to us all so therefore it is the quality of the code and build that will shine though.

I have lag in my head today, and there is no cure for that (except sleep or caffeine).

I'll tell you where I find most lag that would appear to be true lag - over on those Linden homes sims.  Maybe it's all the gold that lies waiting to be mined underneath the ground there :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

I will enjoy being able to rely upon my land being there when I try to go to it.  Lol

It is very unique to see entire sims just missing.

But, onward and upward.

When will they fix search and profiles in v2 and v3 not to be web based. That's what I want to know. Then I can possibly update.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.