A Second Life Story (Redux)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Remember the thread named A Second Life story that had dominated the spring and summer of 2011, that even was featured on the Second Life login splash screen when you login to Second Life? Let's start another one for 2012! Remember to keep it Second Life-related.

Let me begin...

One day in Second Life, a Linden named Rodvik Linden, CEO of Linden Lab met with Phillip Linden inworld discussing the future of Second Life while Oskar Linden and Maestro Linden was talking on the techincal side of Second Life and met with Rodvik and Phillip suddenly out of somewhere, Elite Runner, a Second Life resident and leader of Team Elite on his Vetox FS simboard simboards past the Lindens at 100 MPH and then stops and says: "Hello Rodvik, Phillip, Oskar and Maestro. Anything coming to Second Life in H2 2012?"

Elite Runner wrote:

Remember the thread named A Second Life story that had dominated the spring and summer of 2011, that even was featured on the Second Life login splash screen when you login to Second Life? Let's start another one for 2012! Remember to keep it Second Life-related.

Let me begin...

One day in Second Life, a Linden named 
Rodvik Linden, CEO of Linden Lab met with Phillip Linden inworld discussing the future of Second Life while Oskar Linden and Maestro Linden was talking on the techincal side of Second Life and met with Rodvik and Phillip suddenly out of somewhere, Elite Runner, a Second Life resident and leader of Team Elite on his Vetox FS simboard simboards past the Lindens at 100 MPH and then stops and says: "Hello Rodvik, Phillip, Oskar and Maestro. Anything coming to Second Life in H2 2012?"

Rodvik replied: "Well, the Lab is working on a super-secret project codenamed 'Dio' but we don't want to talk about it."

Maestro looked at others with a mysterious smile and laughed by himself  thinking: "Now we can concentrate on our real super-secret project codenamed 'WASP' ".  Meanwhile all the residents were watching the DIO at youtube and seeking secret hints from the videos.

Ansiri wrote:

Maestro looked at others with a mysterious smile and laughed by himself  thinking: "Now we can concentrate on our real super-secret project codenamed 'WASP' ".  Meanwhile all the residents were watching the DIO at youtube and seeking secret hints from the videos.

durning the viewing all the noobs say what in the crap is going on. and user ansiri leads them deeper down the rabbit hole while user Emmett tips off user Ceka Cianci about a different project yet cannot remember the name.

Rodvick, Phillip, Osker, and Maestro all turn robotically to Elite Runner and simultaneously say, "Hello, we are working on new and exciting things, some not related to Second Life. Please refer to our last forum communications in March. Have a good day!"

Elite Runner smacks his own forehead with the realization that Lindens, especially leadership ones, don't visit the grid, Instead, they have been replaced by bots using the new pathfinding tools developed to make Second Life appear full of people.

"Damn NPCs!" declares Elite Runner, "I keep forgetting Second Life sims are now becoming the Sims in Second Life!"

With a shrug, Elite Runner signs off the grid and goes shopping for new running shorts at the Market Place...

One hour later, Elite Runner came back to the Lindens and took a look at them. He hears their breath, their heartbeat and feels their skin. "Must not be NPCs after all". Nearby, they saw the same figures and Elite felt the figures. They even knocked on the figure then felt the Linden. "They made NPCs using pathhinging" He recently got the GridTalkie from SHINYbrand (Rez Gray) and radios the Team Elite crew that The Lindens created NPCs using Pathfinding. Elite took pics of the NPCs, then fires up the Grapple Mosaic 2 and posted the images on my.secondlife.com, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Flickr, even the Second Life forum. He tried to change the display name to Ryan R. Elite but he have to wait 24-36 hours since he recently changed his display name within the last 5-6 days. He then shuts down his Grapple Mosaic 2, puts his GridTalkie away, drops his Vetox FS freestyle simboard, then looks at his Team Elite clothing (see below), hops on his simboard and simboards around the Grid.

Snapshot_002.png

Elite Runner wrote:

One hour later, Elite Runner came back to the Lindens and took a look at them. He hears their breath, their heartbeat and feels their skin. "Must not be NPCs after all". Nearby, they saw the same figures and Elite felt the figures. They even knocked on the figure then felt the Linden. "They made NPCs using pathhinging" He recently got the GridTalkie from SHINYbrand (Rez Gray) and radios the Team Elite crew that The Lindens created NPCs using Pathfinding. Elite took pics of the NPCs, then fires up the Grapple Mosaic 2 and posted the images on my.secondlife.com, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Flickr, even the Second Life forum. He tried to change the display name to Ryan R. Elite but he have to wait 24-36 hours since he recently changed his display name within the last 5-6 days. He then shuts down his Grapple Mosaic 2, puts his GridTalkie away, drops his Vetox FS freestyle simboard, then looks at his Team Elite clothing (see below), hops on his simboard and simboards around the Grid.

Great post!  I like your style.  

Elite Runner wrote:

//BEGIN OFF-TOPIC

@Storm: Yeah. I was considering featuring the topic on the Second Life login splash screen under the progress bar when users log in to Second Life.

//END OFF-TOPIC

The new splash are all resident created content, so I would see no reason why not?  Post to your feed as well.  A lot of exposure on the log-in page if you set the variable to 'world'.  

Storm Clarence wrote:

Elite Runner wrote:

//BEGIN OFF-TOPIC

@Storm: Yeah. I was considering featuring the topic on the Second Life login splash screen under the progress bar when users log in to Second Life.

//END OFF-TOPIC

The new splash are all resident created content, so I would see no reason why not?  Post to your feed as well.  A lot of exposure on the log-in page if you set the variable to 'world'.  

wow i wonder how much that costs

/me looks in pocket and sees only 12L

nope dont think i have enough. :P

• 4 months later...

Ok. let's keep it going...

A few days later, Ryan R. Elite (elite.runner) was riding in the CR-Z Hybrid/Fox Motors Rezzie (that is tuned with superchargers, turbochargers and NOS and have rally and offroad lights and a spoiler)... (see pic)

cr-z hybrid_001.png

...down the Linden road when suddenly the rain began to fall hard and the wind picked up fast! Then out from somewhere a portal beamed just metres from the vehicle. He slammed on the brakes. The beam is a inter-metaverse portal that connects to other virtual worlds. A creeper comes out then a zombie comes out with some Minecraft players entered the Second Life Grid. The Minecraft players were wearing diamond armor and have diamond swords.

"Where are we?" said one Minecraft player

"You're in the Second Life Grid" said Ryan R. Elite.

Then suddenly more creepers appear from the beam and they head to the most popular club in Second Life. The creepers explode with a massive explosion that destroyed the entire club and killing the DJ, the staff and the club go-ers. The remaining creepers self-destruct along with the zombies and the Minecraft players were unexpectially beamed back up back to the Minecraft world.

Meanwhile Ryan R. Elite noticed the explosion from the other end of the sim. He raced to the scene as the rain stopped. He stopped and hopped out of the CR-Z Hybrid and noticed the club has been demolished with dead bodies and a huge crater that has been created.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.