Combining Master Account with Alt accounts?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A week or two ago I was given a web link that was related to current plans to link the master account to the alt account.  The reasons were for things like:  If a sim owner that spends a lot of real $$ bans a person, then that person and their alts should be banned to not further upset the sim owner that is paying a lot of real $$, while alts are usually free accounts.  I know that many sim owners have wanted this for a long long time.    But I cannot find the link again to where that was being discussed, does anyone have any idea?  I just spoke to a lady today who gave up her sim out of frustration due to a greifer returning as alts, and harassing other patrons to her sim as well herself.  Also I recently found out of a situation where a banned person returned as alts, and married the 3 leaders of another sim, and convinced them it was real, then dumped them all.  Ouch...  No wonder sim owners want that, though a few do not want it.  But anyway does anybody have the link to where this is all being considered?

Not a serious discussion.  There is no such thing as a "master" account, they are all exactly the same from SL's perspective.  LL's whole infrastructure is set up to handle things that way.  Changing it would be as massive as fixing some bugs - and that'll never happen ^^

It might be convenient for residents themselves, as their contact and payment details would only be needed once and there might one day be the possibility of sharing no-transfer goods between alts (but not transfer them to another account).

It would not help anyone else at all though as there simply is not and would not be anything to stop someone creating a completely new, separate account.

being able to create alt identities off a master account has been something talked about for ages. is not something that linden have talked about tho. just residents who want this

+

on sim owners:

sim owners usual want it so they can create sim roleplay identities which lets them switch between identities while also having access to sim/estate onwer powers . is just a convenience this for them really

wont stop greifing tho as Peter said for the exact reason

I'm for it...but I doubt it will ever happen.  For one thing, it would mean massively revamping the avatar signup and tracking process.  But the real reason, I think, is that it would absolutely kill LL's user statistics.  We'd finally learn that there are only 1,567 actual SL users.  All the rest of you are alts.

There is no such thing (term) Master Account, Alt Account. They are all Master Accounts. Linden has no way to track if you have an alt unless they store your IP, but IP addresses change frequently and randomly. Also, if they did use IP, what if the wife and husband had their own accounts? 

That would be like saying Google would "combine" my account with my husbands, or anyone else living in my house. 

The theory "You are Allowed" so many accounts, would be nill even if IP's are tracked, since you can go to another computer at another location, etc... I would think some people have 20 accounts. Who can track that unless for "sure" the same person, same computer, same IP was aways used. There would always be a leak somewhere.

sounds like a global banning system  to me if it is real..i would be very careful dealing with those types of places...

there is no way they will know all of the alts of someone banned..not unless there is deviate stuff going on..

don't be tempted into a security risk..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.