Latest V3 oddity (for me)

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using LL's current V3 and it sometimes prevents me from rezzing objects on my own (group) land, telling me that the land-owner doesn't allow it. It's wrong, of course. The objects are my own creations and I naturally have full perms.

When it happens, it seems like there's a spot where I simply can't rez anything for that (wrong) reason. If I do it a few meters away, it rezzes fine. Another time, I don't have a problem in the same spot. It's not just one sport. It can happen anywhere on my land.

Has anyone else come across this oddity?

Thank you, Marigold. I've read the jira you linked to and it's happening to a number of people. What I didn't think to notice when it happens, and the jira mentioned it a number of times, was the precise location where there message tells me the object tried to rez. It sounds like the system thinks it's trying to rez on another parcel. I'll take note from now on.

I have noticed this thing happening quite often when trying to rez a boat in Blake Sea rezzing locations.  Sometimes it works just by pointing the mouse a few meters away from the first try spot.  It sure seems like a bug, when the rezzing fails it tries to rez the object in wrong location, not where you pointed and clicked the mouse.

I THINK I've found what's happening. When you rezz an object you "cast a ray" toward a point and then the object will appear where that "ray" hits the ground OR HITS AN OBJECT, like a wall or floor. What seems to be happening is that when the server is trying to determine whether you have rights to rezz an object, it's ONLY checking where the ray HITS THE GROUND and ignoring objects. My guest house is up on stilts - when I try to rezz an object on the floor it will appear right where I point if the continuation of the "ray" I'm pointing at the floor will hit on my property, but if it passes through the floor and hits ground on neigbors' lots that don't allow me object entry, it won't rezz.

I've been waiting to see the error message again before I add to the jira but I don't rez things all that often. However, it just happened again:-

[05:23] Second Life: Can't rez object at { 152.644, 134.012, 255.081 } because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.

[05:23] Second Life: Can't rez object at { 153.394, 130.847, 255.081 } because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.

[05:23] Second Life: Can't rez object at { 149.871, 132.249, 255.081 } because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.

[05:23] Second Life: Can't rez object at { 153.215, 134.596, 255.081 } because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.

[05:23] Second Life: Can't rez object at { 159.92, 130.923, 255.081 } because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.

[05:23] Second Life: Can't rez object at { 153.18, 130.614, 253.71 } because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.

I was trying to rez a bed inside my store, which is ~250m in the air. Each of those failures shows the Y co-ordinates well outside the north edge of my land, which ends at 128m, and yet I was pointing at the floor inside the store - a few meters south of those Y co-ordinates (~124m).

Now I'm off to add to the jira.

• 3 weeks later...

hi..mmm i have same problem...can't rez my bed, sofa and etc..mm....some1 told me that i choose a wrong group..hmm...then i don't know what group i really in...im at dulcian..anyone from there..? and what group really is? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.