Guess I just won't buy it then ...

JeanneAnne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So .. i find the item im looking for on the browser MP .. but its pricey & i dont trust MP cuz iv had trubble w/ it be4 .. so iv learned to only order freebie or very inexpensive stuff from MP & to buy more expensive stuff inworld ... So i wait til im home & login & TP to the vendors store .. but its small & only has a few of the items on display thats listed in MP .. & uv course the item i want isnt 1uv em .. So i decide that if i really want the thing im goin2 hav2 take my chances on getting it from MP after all .. So i go back to MP but its so laggy that it keeps timing out when i try to go 2 the page the items on .. & i figure that if i cant even get to the item i want to purchase i prolly wont receive it if i order it .. yet its sure to take my L$ oh yeah .. So i figure i just wont buy the thing .. & the vendor loses a sale ....

My question is .. why does any1 even try to do business under these circumstances ??

Jeanne

Why? To try to pay tier. LOL  In all seriousness, I agree with you 100%. And it's why I don't try anymore. I focus on my inworld sales instead and I RARELY shop on the MP anymore, instead opting to do all my shopping in world. But the fact of reality is some people prefer to shop online, so you can't completely ignore the marketplace. All you can do is try to handle issues the best you can when they come up and focus on the inworld aspect to make shopping more appealing inside SL instead of out of it.

Deja Letov wrote:

Why? To try to pay tier. LOL  In all seriousness, I agree with you 100%. And it's why I don't try anymore. I focus on my inworld sales instead and I RARELY shop on the MP anymore, instead opting to do all my shopping in world. But the fact of reality is some people prefer to shop online, so you can't completely ignore the marketplace. All you can do is try to handle issues the best you can when they come up and focus on the inworld aspect to make shopping more appealing inside SL instead of out of it.

Well .. id be glad to buy inworld but i guess that in order to save on tier .. or rent .. the vendor just has a tiny space in this mall like place .. & altho she has >100 items for sale on MP she only has a dozen or so of her items on display inworld .. so if i want the thing i have to order it over MP .. yet i cant even do that so long as its so laggy & when it gets over its lagginess .. what confidence am i supposed to have that ill even receive the thing ?? My L$ will be deducted .. thats for sure !! but will i receive what i bought? Will i hav2 contact the vendor inworld & ask em to pretty please send the thing i paid for .. after waiting days to even see them inworld .. which has happened before? It's all too quirky & unreliable & annoying ... All too easy to just decide: guess i dont really need that thing after all .. so 4geta bout it .. Vendor can pay her tier outuv pocket then .. if this is how difficult it is to spend L$ .. inworld or out

Jeanne

Because it is much easer to find stuff ie search.  Try finding something searching in world?  I sell 99% of my stuff on market place, very little in world.     For the seller the market place is wonderful, no rent and as I said it is very easy to find your products.  Yes some stores raise the price for market place seeming to forget they or most are paying rent for their store.

I do not charge more for items on the market place.

You seen to have a slow computer and or network connection. I do not have these problems when I purchase and rarely I get a customer say they did not receive it.  The few times I have they said the either crashed before it was delivered or someone deleted it when received or refused the delivery by accident.  

The market place has been bad for Sim owners since they are losing rent.  But even before market place I did not sell as much in world as I am on the market place. As I said it is the search on the market.

FYI record keeping and information is 100 times better for store owners.  You can find out what is looked at purchased in any month of course who purchased what and if it was delivered correctly.  The in world vendors are very limited in the information they keep. 

Casandra Kumsung wrote:

Because it is much easer to find stuff ie search.  Try finding something searching in world?  I sell 99% of my stuff on market place, very little in world.     For the seller the market place is wonderful, no rent and as I said it is very easy to find your products.  Yes some stores raise the price for market place seeming to forget they or most are paying rent for their store.

I do not charge more for items on the market place.

You seen to have a slow computer and or network connection. I do not have these problems when I purchase and rarely I get a customer say they did not receive it.  The few times I have they said the either crashed before it was delivered or someone deleted it when received or refused the delivery by accident.  

The market place has been bad for Sim owners since they are losing rent.  But even before market place I did not sell as much in world as I am on the market place. As I said it is the search on the market.

FYI record keeping and information is 100 times better for store owners.  You can find out what is looked at purchased in any month of course who purchased what and if it was delivered correctly.  The in world vendors are very limited in the information they keep. 

Thanks Casandra. Your reply is helpful! I can't get inworld from work but i can browse the MP .. What i like to do is find an item in MP then buy it inworld when i get home .. LoL i have accidently deleted a thing i ordered before .. but iv had trubble w/ MP more often than just that once or twice .. which is why i prefer to actually buy stuff inworld. But if vendors are reducing or eliminating their inworld stores in order to save on rent or tier .. i become forced to order from MP which is unreliable .. the net result is that vendors lose sales .. @ least from me & i bet im not the only one

Jeanne

Casandra Kumsung wrote:

Um, I completely disagree!

Inworld vending systems will process whatever data they are scripted to process.  Ours send all purchases from the  to a database, all marketplace data also goes to the same database.  The data dates back to the beginning of the business a few years ago.

Since they're coupled, problems that are experienced where the delivery doesn't make it (which shouldn't be a problem anymore with Direct Delivery) can easily be handled inworld.  Customers can SELF redeliver both inworld and marketplace purchases without having to contact us.

The reporting that we have is across both platforms and provides comprehensive analysis, customers can check their own purchase history and redeliver any item purchased no matter how long ago.

Please don't articulate untrue limitations on what inworld can do versus what Marketplace does, While MP stores the data, MP is woefully inadequate as far as reporting and to make any sense of the data, it first has to be exported to be analysed.  Example:  "Top selling product" or "Top searched product".  Both of which have no facility to set a date range thus immediately biasing towards established products instead of a new product, thus making it impossible via this "report" to analyse the performance of a new product or establish a trend.

MP provides a method to send all data at the time of transaction to an alternate location and because of that, I can usually find a transaction in our database within about 10 seconds.  MP just can't compare with that, the interface is cumbersome.  I never need to open MP unless there's a specific reason.

JeanneAnne wrote:

Thanks Casandra. Your reply is helpful! I can't get inworld from work but i
can
browse the MP .. What i like to do is find an item in MP then buy it inworld when i get home .. LoL i
have
accidently deleted a thing i ordered before .. but iv had trubble w/ MP more often than just that once or twice .. which is why i prefer to actually buy stuff inworld. But if vendors are reducing or eliminating their inworld stores in order to save on rent or tier .. i become forced to order from MP which is unreliable .. the net result is that vendors lose sales .. @ least from me & i bet im not the only one

Jeanne

If the merchant is using Direct Delivery (all will be soon) then even offline shopping items will be delivered.  The delivery will arrive into your "Received Items" folder and will not be lost due to capped IM's.

You can tell if something is "Direct Delivered" because on the right hand side of the listing it will say that it can be used immediately/needs unpacking or needs land.  If it has one of those phrases, it's a DD listing.

SLM is dead every weekend when it is supposed to be at it's busiest.

More and more merchants will go out of business and stop paying tier. In the end the LL Commerce Team will be why SL closes.

But the LL board protects the commerce team. It appears they are charged with killing SL off. Slowly.

And they are doing a good job of hurting everyone in SL. And they do not care. It is obvious.

Sassy Romano wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Thanks Casandra. Your reply is helpful! I can't get inworld from work but i
can
browse the MP .. What i like to do is find an item in MP then buy it inworld when i get home .. LoL i
have
accidently deleted a thing i ordered before .. but iv had trubble w/ MP more often than just that once or twice .. which is why i prefer to actually buy stuff inworld. But if vendors are reducing or eliminating their inworld stores in order to save on rent or tier .. i become forced to order from MP which is unreliable .. the net result is that vendors lose sales .. @ least from me & i bet im not the only one

Jeanne

If the merchant is using Direct Delivery (all will be soon) then even offline shopping items will be delivered.  The delivery will arrive into your "Received Items" folder and will not be lost due to capped IM's.

You can tell if something is "Direct Delivered" because on the right hand side of the listing it will say that it can be used immediately/needs unpacking or needs land.  If it has one of those phrases, it's a DD listing.

'K Thanks Sassy. My problems have all been pre-DD .. apparently ;)

Jeanne

Ann Otoole wrote:

More and more merchants will go out of business and stop paying tier. In the end the LL Commerce Team will be why SL closes.

But the LL board protects the commerce team. It appears they are charged with killing SL off. Slowly.

And they are doing a good job of hurting everyone in SL. And they do not care. It is obvious.

If LL is trying to get out from under SL .. why don't they just sell it to a consortium of users who love it? Why kill it off intentionally like they seem to be doing? Makes no sense

Jeanne

Ann Otoole wrote:

But the LL board protects the commerce team.
It appears they are charged with killing SL off. Slowly.

The LL board protects the commerce team, and so they should. The commerce team is composed of the pre-school children of the board members, as a special project of the Lab's inbuilt day care center.

I agree with Sassy. I don't know how anyone could possibly say that the MP reporting and record keeping is even remotely helpful to merchants. You can see your sales data sure, but not much else. The only thing you can get with MP is top selling searches and top selling products and transaction history. Top selling search is pretty useless for any sales that don't happen in the MP so what's the point other than to see how well your search is doing. The "vendors" you mention are not what report your sales data. Most vendor systems have very intricate reporting features such as top customers for any given time period, top products, which regions had the most sales (useful for satelite locations), sales by time of day (so I know when to run sales), sales by day of week, etc. There are TONS of reporting to be done in a vendor system versus MP.

>Why kill it off intentionally like they seem to be doing?

The interested people inside the company don't need to kill it.

They just need to drive the company's value down to some point where a controlling share will be affordable.

And THEN they can fix everything.

Just have to say .. that i IMed the vendor .. she met me inworld .. rezzed the item .. demonstrated it .. answered all my questions .. was very cordial .. & i made the purchase !!!

Yayyy !!

If all SL creators & venders are this nice .. then .. 3♥³ to you all !! 

Jeanne

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

This is just a thought, but you could IM the creator inworld and ask them to sell it to you directly.

That is exactly what I was going to suggest - so I second this. :)  I have more products on the MP than my inworld store due to a "prim budget" inworld, but will most happily meet a potential customer inworld to rez the item in which they are interested.  I had this option on my profile and on some MP listings at one time - after reading this post and with the way MP has been, I'm going to add that to the top of my listings as well as post that prominently at my inworld location.

Thank you for bringing this to the Merchant Forums, JeanneAnne. :)

I am sure but someone of us do not have such fancy vendors and there is no point in paying big money for one. As I said 90% if not 99% of my sales is on the market place. I did not start selling until I put on the market place.   So even if I get the same records keeping in world vendor I still would not put time into it.

Casandra Kumsung wrote:

I am sure but someone of us do not have such fancy vendors and there is no point in paying big money for one. As I said 90% if not 99% of my sales is on the market place. I did not start selling until I put on the market place.   So even if I get the same records keeping in world vendor I still would not put time into it.

I understand that but it also doesn't have to cost "big money", nor require an inworld vending system.

What are you taking about Tier?  What Tier? You do not need to be a premium member to have a store or own land, If the land owner you have a store on closes you find another one. 

My in world store costs me nothing and brings the SIM people, but if the SIM owner charged me I would remove it. I do not make enough to pay for rent.  

The commission is nothing compared to paying rent unless you are doing thousands of $L sales a week and I doubt there are stores that bring thousands a week. 

It is very difficult to find stuff in SL and easy in the market. Yes, I will buy in world after searching in the market when I can but like one of the other members I can buy on line at work.

My sales have gone up the last few months, and it is busy on the weekend. My sales brings money into SL world.

MicroCrap or Microcrook I mean MicroSoft, was interested in buying Linden, gladly it failed. Everything they buy is either to put it out of business or they will trash it and make their own from the parts or just try to kill it like they tried with FoxPro.  The only reason Bill Gates is interested in Second Life is because it is competition with his Internet Explorer,(and he sees the potental that it could replace it).    They want to KILL Second Life!

"But the LL board protects the commerce team. It appears they are charged with killing SL off. Slowly."  What does that mean?  It makes no sense. Commerce Team who is that vendors?    Killing off SL slowly?  Where did you get that, SL members are up and hours in sl is up? 

Yes Linden is lacking in marketing.  SL has the potential to nearly replace a internet browser. People like me prefer the 3D environment over the 2D browser screen.  I would do all my "internet" work on SL if possible.

IBM has three islands in SL and 250 people working full time in SL. Most colleges and universities have a campus in SL and many offer classes, Counselor services and registration to their campus classes IN SL. Companies have had world conferences in SL and people love it because it is simple and can be done from their office computer.

(No you cannot find most of the colleges or business because they do not advertise and have restricted SIMS.)

Linden needs to do better marketing at colleges especially Community colleges like where I work.  I have tried but they are not interested.  I could teach a building class in a virtual campus, or textures or simple scripting. 

What upset you to be so negative against Linden and SL.?    I am having fun and people like you kill it.  Please find somewhere else to display your negative attitude like at a disgusting football game or barbaric boxing match.

Casandra Kumsung wrote:

...The only reason Bill Gates is interested in Second Life is because it is competition with his Internet Explorer,(and he sees the potental that it could replace it).    They want to KILL Second Life!

IBM has three islands in SL and 250 people working full time in SL. Most colleges and universities have a campus in SL...

Do you have evidence to support any of those claims?

I think Microsoft once looked at SL during the hype years long ago but realised it was too complex and unreliable even for them.

IBM have a vested interest but I can't believe 250 people full time.  What would they do all day?

I suspect that if 'most' colleges and universities in the world had an SL campus there wouldn't be room for anything else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.