How do some avatars become famous?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

can just be happy with being famous in your mind

so when ppl ask:  r u  famous??? then you can go: yuuus !!!

and they will say: no u not i nvr herd of u

and then you know that you are famous in their sekrit unadmitted minds as well

bc when you famous then the first thing that people say on the interwebz to famous ppl is: no u not i nvr herd of u

when they say that then they just being jealous of your awesome. is true!!!

16 wrote:

bc when you famous then the first thing that people say on the interwebz to famous ppl is: no u not i nvr herd of u

what did you just type 16?

if you want to be famous on the interwebz then best place to start is in your own mind

this way then you can easy proof your fame according to the rules of the interwebz

the main rule is that everyone is jealous of you. some people then argue that this is not true. but they just jealous that they never thought of it first

so when you say i am like really really really famous then they say: no you not i never heard of you

thats actual proof that you are famous. they have heard of you but they just denying it bc they are jealous of you and dont want to admit it

is quite hard when you are like really really really famous

+

some people say this is a logical fallacy. but what do they know !!! and they got like tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny minds and not able to comprehend the awesomeness of the illogical fallacy which is the rule of construction on the interwebz

they proof their tinyness when they say dumb stuff like a illogical fallacy is a double-negative and is a contradiction in itself. bc was some old guy way back in ancient greece or somewheres who actual made a proof of that 

but yeah!!! what does the old ancient guy know even. he never had a computer for a start

(:

I can't believe there is 16 pages of this without any mention of Fractured Crystal, whose "shenanigans" caused the downfall of the Emerald viewer, the most popular viewer in use at the time.

Also, what about Zfire Xue, who masterminded the whole Redzone thing. 

Both of them are certainly infamous.

Eloise Baily wrote:

I can't believe there is 16 pages of this without any mention of Fractured Crystal, whose "shenanigans" caused the downfall of the Emerald viewer, the most popular viewer in use at the time.

Oh yes!  How could we forget!

Peace!

Eloise Baily wrote:

Going the infamy route, who could forget Nicholas Portocarrrero of Ginko Financial who is alleged to have absconded with up to $500,000 USD from SL investors in his investment scheme. 

amygood wrote:

16 wrote:

what did you just type 16?

i second that.

emmettcullen93 wrote:

just because i guess.

maybe that is why people in rl dont like me.
:(

innula ur hurting my feelings im telling edward u posted that.

Yep .. when all else fails .. call on Ed Wood. He sure knew how to preserve the frightening legend of the vampire. *laugh*

Don' t sweat it, emmet .. these oldbies just gamble you never seen Plan 9 from Outer Space before ... ^.^

I've noticed most avatars get famous (or infamous) by one of those three attributes:

• They make a popular product that you see everywhere.
  • They make enough social noise - positive or negative -  to get noticed.
  • They've done something extraordinary that gets people talking.

SL fame comes and goes pretty quickly, by the way - much of our userbase gets changed every year, with only a core membership sticking to its guns for the longer term. This swap means that unless whatever had made you famous will keep making noise well into the next generation, you will get flushed down the has-been bin soon enough.

Also, a quick tip - if you spot someone who's: a. Been in SecondLife for a long time and b. Are known to create things, chances are they are or were famous at one point or another. Ask them about it - they'll probably have some fun stories.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.