Spreading MP Borkedness

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I originally had 3 borked listings out of maybe 25 currently listed items.  One seemed to "fix itself" and, after submitting a ticket which was back at the beginning (I think CTL now prefers feedback on the jira) the other two were fixed but I still have the borked versions of those two showing up.  I listed 4 new items about a week ago and thus far everything is ok with them.

I'm still using the Magic Box.

Thanks for the responses.

Yes I did try to fix 2 and wonder if that's what caused the spreading (seems I heard that could cause duplicate listings a few days ago anyway).

Perhaps I should just submit a support ticket in hopes this would fix them.

yes, some of the ones that i 'fixed' still have the other listings which i can do nothing about.. i just hope my 'fixing' hasn't made things harder for them, but then again... well it's been really hard for us these last couple years. heh.

I 'fixed' 3 of my errant listings and then three more showed up that I cannot edit at all :( I spent four hours going through each of my listings and deleting items that were in my'related items' section, though only showing up when you edit it...but still there's the 3 new borked ones that i cannot touch!

I checked out my listings which Lindens broke, and the strange thing is this instability shifts from listing to listing.

I hate it, everything looks so unprofessional.

The scambling is not persistent, which makes me think this is not as simple as a mismatched data set. Plus that would have been correctable overnight. I am thinking more like a bad code injection with viral-like effects which Lindens are not knowledgeable how to remove, or perhaps some data corruption issue is causing irreparable damage.

Anyways, it seems best for us to just not touch it or it gets worse. Only Lindens (maybe) can fix this now... or maybe they should just close down marketplace forever as a safety precaution before it infects other Second Life products.

It's a rotating bork, yes.

Just enough borkage to hurt whatever is being paid to promote at the time, while not enough to discourage people from continuing promotions on earlier or later products.

You can expect it to let up abruptly just as it is about to hit the items listed so as to be promoted on 2 January 2011, some time around mid-May 2012, adjusting for the shift from a 13 February schedule to a 14 February schedule.

A whole lot of new borked listings appeared a few days ago -these ones all seem to be old deleted listings that reappeared in people's storefronts with the wrong photo.

started a thread on it here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Return-of-the-Living-Dead/td-p/1492089 and most of the recent entries in this jira relate to it https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4587

CTL made a post that "Some of the changes you have seen are related to the search results being updated, but that should not show unlisted items. We will continue to investigate."

How updating search should affect this is a bit of a mystery, but no greater than the rest...

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

How updating search should affect this is a bit of a mystery, but no greater than the rest...

All the lists of products on the marketplace are really search results, even when there are not keywords. It is a nice setup when it's not broken >_>

Search results decide which records are returned, not the contents of individual records.

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

All the lists of products on the marketplace are really search results, even when there are not keywords. It is a nice setup when it's not broken >_>

Search results decide which records are returned, not the contents of individual records.

The index breakage exposed formerly hidden broken listings, but they were already broken.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

The index breakage exposed formerly hidden broken listings, but they were already broken.

Sigh.. re-indexing and cart routines should have caught this stuff a while back. Cerise, can you please ninja fix the database?  This is no way to run a shopping cart system and with thousands of listings being dumped into the outbox hopper to update to DD before June 1st this is madness.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.