Group Photo idea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Dilbert,

The results of the survey indicate that we should move forward with that plan.

I need a day or two to discuss a few details with members of the Group.

I can works toward having a definitive answer (plan) within 48 hours.

I will be Inworld in about 5 minutes.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know absolutely nothing about web design.  What my only concern was is the bandwidth and costs that may be involved in that part.........you satisfied my concerns so I'm good with almost anything else on that part.  And my offer is still very valid on the money part if it's necessary. 

Once we have a logo and a clear project objective I think it might easier to offer suggestions.  We need more people at the meetings to help.  So far it's been two meetings with a total of 5 different attendants......that's not really enough to get this ironed out (in my opinion).

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

I know absolutely nothing about web design.  What my only concern was is the bandwidth and costs that may be involved in that part.........you satisfied my concerns so I'm good with almost anything else on that part.  And my offer is still very valid on the money part if it's necessary. 

Once we have a logo and a clear project objective I think it might easier to offer suggestions.  We need more people at the meetings to help.  So far it's been two meetings with a total of 5 different attendants......that's not really enough to get this ironed out (in my opinion).

I got your notecard about the web server Peggy and thank you for your kind words.

I am not too concerned about the domain cost. If we happen to sell some ads or get some sponsors for the deal then perhaps the cost could be payed from that. But it is not a major concern . I can cover it if we never do make any revenu from it. Thanks for the offer :)

-1 -

Apologies for being the dissenting voice, but I do not like the logo :) I think that logo is not a logo LOL In my opinion the image has too much prominence of images of the promotional team (and I think that could be "dangerous"). I thought the pictures were to be used in a less obvious manner. I prefer a sign, a signal, something "abstract" and perhaps the photos used as blur collage backgrorund or something similar.

Just mi opinion, of course :)

But in any case, If the final design of the logo will look like this, I prefer that my image does not appear in the logo. There is no problem deleting it, and avoid possible comments about "the search for leadership", "personalism" and other nonsense that would harm the project. I'm happy working on the backstage. Please, delete my photo of the logo (and I'M NOT saying in any way that others should do the same).

-2 -

On the issue of proportions of avatars displayed on the wall, Is a final decision that the photos must be mandatory full body? Is it not possible a resident send a photo of her/his eye, face, hand, american shot (3/4 shot), feet...? If this is possible, that images do not fit into the debate on the proportions.

Comments and concerns are welcomed.

I do like design, I would like to see the image completed. 

If you would like to present an alternate design for the Group, we can review it together as a Group.

I will ask each member of the Group if they like the Logo before we use it.

We will use a logo the majority agrees with.

I will contact the Editor of the Logo and request for the Image to be modified. 

I will address your second issue, Knowl will correct me if I am wrong.

What we are trying to make, is a large photo that gives the impression of many avatars standing all together. In that sense, full body shots are ideal, however, we realize that we will get photos that do not fit perfectly into this large 'group' shot. 

For those images that cannot be included into the main project, there is a secondary project that aims to use each and every photo that is submitted. While we would love to have photos of complete avatars, no one is going to say eyeballs and feet cannot be sent in. :P However, I would encourage participants to send in photos of their avatar, as opposed to just pieces of it.

American shot, is that term common usage? Interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_shot

Sorry but I am unable to make a logo, just explained my ideas and my wish that, just talking about me, I prefer that my image does not appear in the logo.

- - - - -

About "American shot" is very frequent in Spanish photos, films... "Plano americano". There is also a "Plano italiano" ("Italian Shot", Extreme Close Up) :)

Ok I'm going to remove your photo Irene. 

About all those notecards I was reading now... I prefer Charolottes example for those residents that are going to send us their snapshots. She makes it simple, attractive and easy to follow. She uses enter key (which helps better visibility, I opened up one notecard and got kinda scared of oll that text inside lol).

About that white studio Dres sent, its nice but I'm not sure about the measure, I would like to have 2 of them on each side, and avatar to stand between them.. I hope I explained this good lol

I want to discuss one idea with the Advertising team; 

To create a free product, a boxed item (lets call it a Promotional box for now) that residents can buy. Place it on as many places as possible (friends shops, clubs etc.). And include inside:

1. a notecard with instructions and basic info about the project (Charolottes if possible),

2. free shirt with our logo,

3. LM to the place where residents can go and take a snapshot (someone here offered to place a simple photo booth on their land, for everyone to use),

4. A white photo studio that they can rezz if they have a place and know how to use it.

5. Anything else you find important.

Someone to make a blog or any web page, where we will put all infos about this project, but also include LM's (or photos) to every place where we rezzed our Promotional box. That way we will give something in return, advertise them back.

Also, in the notecard, to put a list of people to contact and arrange a photo shoot with one of our image collectors.

I posted it here cause it seems easier for people to check forums then to login to SL and go through our notices to see if theres something new.

EDIT: I made a pic in my pictures profile section, when I finish this logo it will go there, probably on my main profile photo too. When we set some place inworld, I'll set it to that location. Think of an idea to make a small project for start, just to show everyone on what we are working and rez it somewhere inworld, on one of offered locations. For the main project, maybe we could  rent a place as a group and set all there? Think about it and we'll vote on next meetings:)

Irene Muni wrote:

Sorry
but I
am unable to
make a logo
, just
explained my
ideas and my
wish that
just talking about
me,
I prefer
that my
image does not
appear in the
logo.

For the life of me . I cant understand why somone would want to be involved in a photo project but not want their photo part of the project. But that is perfectly fine and we respect that..

That is correct Charolotte. :smileyhappy:

Thank you for making that clarification.

......................................................................................................................

One photo collection team will focus on the very specific Ideal Image sizes, whilst the other Team collects all photo types.

Project 1 is titled for group use as the Display

Project 2 is titled for group use as the Photo-Mosiac (formerly collage :smileyindifferent: )

Avatar Photo Project is the Official name.

Another Inworld Meeting will be scheduled. 48 hour advance notice of the meeting will be sent. Prepare any data you would like to present to the Group.

I will prepare mine. :smileyhappy:

(two meeting times can be scheduled)

i agree with you that the logo is not a logo in traditional sense. It's more of a branding piece - a banner or a poster of sort, an identifier of the group and the project - for which I think it works well. I find it more convenient to refer to it as a logo than anything else, though, so I probably will continue to say logo... :)

I'm sure most of us - I know I do - have no problem respecting your wish not to be in the picture. There may be others who have the same wish as well. In the end, the representation of the group and the project objectives should be clear even if not everybody is in the final picture used in the logo.

- Luc -

Tamara Artis wrote:

About all those notecards I was reading now... I prefer Charolottes example for those residents that are going to send us their snapshots. She makes it simple, attractive and easy to follow. She uses enter key (which helps better visibility, I opened up one notecard and got kinda scared of oll that text inside lol).

Yes but I am not too keen on the idea of having 3 places to submit photos. Flicker (bad idea).. submit to Groups? not a good idea i think.. You would have to have somone sit there all day looking for a submission and giving everyone the ability to send notices is not wise

Tamara Artis wrote:

I want to discuss one idea with the Advertising team; 

To create a free product, a boxed item (lets call it a Promotional box for now) that residents can buy. Place it on as many places as possible (friends shops, clubs etc.). And include inside:

Do not have to really set it to buy. You can have it clickable only and give folder of contents

And hopefully I get word soon about the web stuff what we will be needing.

I can think of a few reasons.

We are sharing a common goal, it is important for each of us to remain flexible in our own principles by considering the principles of all people involved in the project.

I'm not critiquing any one person, I am only reminding us all of the challenges we may face in find commonality. This includes myself.

I am enjoying being a part of this project and the interaction it has brought to myself and my fellow residents. I invite and encourage us all to grow and learn while on our journey.

:smileyhappy:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Tamara Artis wrote:

Yes but I am not too keen on the idea of having 3 places to submit photos. Flicker (bad idea).. submit to Groups? not a good idea i think.. You would have to have somone sit there all day looking for a submission and giving everyone the ability to send notices is not wise

Didn't Dres cover the Flickr thing in a post? You have to have a Flickr accout to submit pictures, right? Not everybody have, or want to have, a Flickr account. Submit to groups? Inworld? No. Not a good idea. Resolution will be too low.

- Luc -

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Irene Muni wrote:

Sorry
but I
am unable to
make a logo
, just
explained my
ideas and my
wish that
just talking about
me,
I prefer
that my
image does not
appear in the
logo.

For the life of me . I cant understand why somone would want to be involved in a photo project but not want their photo part of the project. But that is perfectly fine and we respect that..

I have not problem with my photo as part of the project, my problem is with my photo in the logo. It's not the same the project and the logo. You probably understand me better if you had some 20 PMs and IMs telling you crap every time you appear on these forums with a new range or each time you reach a certain number of messages :D I can work in the Spanish side of this project without my image on the logo :)

I would like to do want we can, to save as many photos in the manner that you had first offered to help the Group with. :matte-motes-smile:

The survey shows a divide in Interest on the storage method we discussed.

The collect team for the specific Image sizes could upload to the storage location.

The general collection team could be "encouraged" to upload, but not required.

Would that work?

Just a fyi:

I'm collecting Specific photos to start. I will collect images the editors and storage location (Dilbert) tell me to collect. ( I need them for the Display, my first vision)

I'm ok with both writing styles.

Charolotte has the lead on that.

As long as it's spelled checked, and roughly translates without saying anything horribly offensive in a non-english language. (maybe I should handle the translate check)

Thank You Dilbert.

Cost effectiveness is in my consideration of your contribution to the Group. The data is a part of history. I'd like to help in storing as much as is reasonably possible. Even if I'm not the holder. :smileyhappy:

Knowl Paine wrote:

Thank You Dilbert.

Cost effectiveness is in my consideration of your contribution to the Group. The data is a part of history. I'd like to help in storing as much as is reasonably possible. Even if I'm not the holder. :smileyhappy:

Not a problem at all. The cost is nothing. The domain would be a bit cheaper like 12-14 bucks. But I am personally paying for the privacy to not display my real life contact info to the public LOL What a mess that could be LOL ( don't want Luc calling my home phone at 3 AM just to be funny) LOL . The cost is minimal,  and no issue at all . Sever is already paid for ( 3 years ). from other services... Its all good

I am really pleased on how things are going. Every one has some wonderful ideas and how everyone is working together is fantastic. Yes and a growing experience. All and all I am sure this outcome is going to be fantastic and bigger than we imagined :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.