Group Photo idea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

me does a facepalm

I really am not sure what to answer you now... lol

My first reaction is to walk away, but since I'm that nice I'll admit it and tell you the truth, I was actually putting some weird kinky spell on you :smileysurprised: which is totally against the TOS! 

And I am going to send you a notecard, a mail, post it here and send out a group notice telling everyone that I'm going to meet you and ask a permission to make a snapshot of your avatar!

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tamara Artis wrote:

And I am going to send you a notecard, a mail, post it here and send out a group notice telling everyone that I'm going to meet you and ask a permission to make a snapshot of your avatar!

Lol you have my permission I emailed you my photo to dissect. But please. No drawing funny moustaches or funny stuff. got it? LOL

:)

lol oki

But I don't understand Peggy... She was there, I asked in local chat can I take their snapshots for that logo? After I finished with Dres and Knowl they told me Peggy went afk for few mins, when she came back I asked her specially, can I take hers now? And she was not sure how to go into the box lol, so I took the posestand out of the box, moved it right in front of her, told her to right click on the ball and sit, moved the stand with her back to the box, took the snapshot and told her ok thank you. Then quickly deleted the box so she doesn't have to worry how to go out of it! Same as I do with all people.

Now 3 days later she is having doubts about it, mentioning TOS, honesty and transparency. Why? Why would I need a snapshot of her avi, if not for the logo! And how else to inform her, I thought a simple question is enough. 

Made me :(

Knowl Paine wrote:

Irene will be in charge of the Logo for the Spanish group.

I think that the "Proyecto Foto-Avatar" logo" and the "Avatar Photo Project" must be identical. There are not two projects, there is only one project using two (maybe more?) languages. Just my opinion.

The only change would be if the logo has text. I that is the case, perhaps Tamara can make one logo with English text and another with Spanis text (but identical font). Again I say that just my opinion :)

I'm sure Peggy will come along and clear this up...

I wasn't ther at the meeting, but I didn't read her post the way you did. I saw it more as a bit of confusion on whether the picture for the logo had been taken or not. I didn't read it as anything against you or anything like that. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding.

Oh, and go on! Paint some mustaches on Dilberts picture...:):P

- Luc -

Tamara Artis wrote:

lol oki

But I don't understand Peggy... She was there, I asked in local chat can I take their snapshots for that logo? After I finished with Dres and Knowl they told me Peggy went afk for few mins, when she came back I asked her specially, can I take hers now? And she was not sure how to go into the box lol, so I took the posestand out of the box, moved it right in front of her, told her to right click on the ball and sit, moved the stand with her back to the box, took the snapshot and told her ok thank you. Then quickly deleted the box so she doesn't have to worry how to go out of it! Same as I do with all people.

Now 3 days later she is having doubts about it, mentioning TOS, honesty and transparency. Why? Why would I need a snapshot of her avi, if not for the logo! And how else to inform her, I thought a simple question is enough. 

Made me
:(

I didn't realize what you were doing until after you took my pic... I thought, at first, that you were just testing something out.  But then, I was afk for a little while just prior to that... so it's quite possible that we both missed you asking.

I don't think it's a big deal and I have the feeling that neither does Peggy... she's just pointing out that, when working with the general public, we need to make sure everyone understands exactly what's going on or then there could be issues.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

... she's just pointing out that, when working with the general public, we need to make sure everyone understands exactly what's going on or
then
there could be issues.

Agree.

- - - - - - - - - -

I have readed all the notecards and transcripts. I can contribute very little about technical issues (although I quite agree with the statements of Peggy). About what else has been said, I just want to make a point:

• Let's all very easy and very simple (and VERY CLEAR instructions) for residents who want to bring her/his/whatever photo. Complex instructions (although some of us seem simple), having to make an appointment with someone to be photographed, increase the requirements ... leads to failure. As someone says, "Make it complicated or involved and the fewer submitters we'll have".

Just my opinion, of course.

PS. I have not any problem writing this ideas in the thread and not as a group notice, apologies if I've been wrong.

I'm sorry, Tamara, that's just not true.  I was there just like you and I do know why I even sat on your pose stand.   When I came back from my AFK thing I do my normal thing and either say something or "I'm back" to indicate that I'm no longer AFK.  The first thing I see that you say is "Peggy can you sit on that?"  I didn't see "that".........I believe it was behind my or maybe my camera was not viewing from the normal behind and above angle (that doesn't matter).  I did see the pose stand a few seconds later and I sat on it as you requested......it was at that point that I saw your big white cube but actually paid little attention to it since it just a big wihite box.  You moved your pose stand with me sitting on it into the box......I thought maybe we were just having a little fun with the girl who was AFK.  I waited patiently for punchline while you cycled through a few poses.......a minute or so later I asked why am I sitting here thinking that maybe I'd finally have the punch line delivered (I don't mind have jokes played on me...........I've many of my own to others myself).  No answer so I stood at about the same time you took or deleted the cube.  I thought well this joke is over and I didn't get it......no harm, no foul.  I think the meeting started right after that.  You did not tell me what the purpose for sitting on the pose stand.........but I should have known as soon as you cycled through the poses (I wasn't thinking about snapshots at the time and it just did occur to me). 

Now I'm going to say it again.  I don't have a problem with you or anyone taking my picture in a public setting such as a meeting, club, or just wandering around SL.  I actually thought when I read your post that the people at the meeting didn't need to submit a photo for your logo project that that meant you had taken snapshots of us while at the meeting.......I had forgotten about the cube until I thought back about the meeting.  It's not important that you took the picture of me.......you're welcome to take as many as you wish.  What bothered me about the picture that you took is that I was not informed that the purpose of the pose stand and you moving me into the cube and cycling through poses was for the snapshot.  And my concern was that if you failed to tell me that it might happen with someone would be put off by not being informed before hand.  If you think that announcing your intentions to a group and there is not way to know if everyone in that group is actually at the computer (or not otherwise distracted by IM'ville and such) is telling them your intentions, then that can be a problem for someone else (not me).  My point (or problem if you want it that way) is if we are going to be doing photo shoots for people we need to make absolutely sure the person understands what is happening.......assuming anyone knows since you said it earlier is not making sure of anything.

What we are attempting to do can be viewed (rightly or wrongly) as using someone's intellectual property for our project.  To avoid potential issues we are going to have be extra careful on some of the seemingly smallest, most minor details.  That's one of the reasons I'd prefer user submitted images over photo shoots done by us....I would like to keep that to a minimum.  I've been in SL for a long time.......longer than most people here in the forums.  I've seen AR's for some of the stupidest stuff........and some of those AR's stuck too.  I don't want to chance something like that for this project.

And just so that you know, I knew how to get of the that box.  I've been caged more times than I can count.  You didn't have to delete the box for me to get out.  And your deleting the box while I was inside contributed to my thinking it was a joke on me. 

So now maybe you can understand me.  This project is a good idea.  But lets not ruin it by being thoughtless or careless and presumptous. 

Nice work on the Group Logo Tamara. you plan on doing a few prototypes?

I like the one so far

And yer right consent is not needed for snapshots or should be a concern since it is freedom of press lol. Constitution protects that right for evers. Looks like the only stipulation on that is if the covenants on the land has special requests that no images be taken which is reasonable for privacy rights as well

My wish is to take snapshots of the rest of group members, and possibly have them sitting or something so I can put us all inside. Make the letters more attractive and it will probably look different. Its just the first version, made with the ones i had.

Thats my wish, I'll see how much responses I get...

Like the others, I like the logo. The only thing really, that I thought of when seeing it was that the text shuld have a slightly clearer outline. It seems you have that covered, though, so all I can say is 'Nice work!' :)

Sounds like a good idea to have some sitting.

Thumbs up!

- Luc -

Yesterday night i stayed up pretty late but had not much luck in catching you guys lol, now its only Dilbert and me who are online... Maybe I see some more people at the next meeting. If not, pls send me your snapshots, full body so I dont need to draw your legs;) or better sitting if its not too much bother, put put camera a little above your avatar so I have a good perspective that fits other shots.

I never said it was a ToS violation.  I know it's not a violation.  What my concern is not everyone understands that a snapshot taken with or without permission is not a violation......read some the thread right here in these forums.  Not being a violation does prevent someone from trying to find a way to make it a violation.  Like I said, over the 6 1/2 years I've been in SL I've seen some really stupid AR's for anything from "he looked at me" to "that picture he took is my property and I own the intellectual property rights."  If this project goes like we want we are going to be dealing with many people....some with knowledge and some with none.  Being extra careful about "transparency" (oh, how I'm beginning to hate that word anymore) just to avoid potential issues.  People (a couple I know in SL) have been suspended or otherwise disciplined for actions that were will withing the ToS.........all from an AR complaining that some sort of violation occurred.

Argue of the validity of any AR if you want..........the best practice is do your darndest to avoid them in the first place.  That's my point.  You still seem to miss it.

Oh, almost forgot.........I like the logo.

Oki I can't get your point. I'm fine with that.

Thank you for not expressing any concerns about my first logo example. 

Have a nice day/night...

EDIT: If you want me to take another snapshot of your avatar, maybe in some other outfit, Iet me know so we can set some time and meet inworld.

Peggy I have read your notecard in world about your Ideas on easy instructions. And I agree that it should be made as simple as possible and maybe even include an White prim background set up just for them to rez and stand and take their snapshot.

And of course for "just incase" scenarios we should include a disclaimer explaining exactly what's going on with the photo. There is no dispute that this can be done and added to the instructions. . Glad to see things coming together.

The only thing I need now is someone to give me the word on web needs so I can begin with that....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.