Goodwill gesture from LL for inconveniences with payments?

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

According to a post over at SLU, some people have received emails from LL apologising to disruptions to payment services caused by "a service disruption from our external payment services provider" and telling people,

To show our appreciation for your patience, we are automatically crediting your Second Life account with L$2000. This credit should appear in your account within the next week.

(The sinister implications of the coincidence between this development and ancient Mayan prophesies about the impending end of the world have not gone unremarked).

Anyway, flying pigs and  cold days in hell notwithstanding, people have, it seems, started to receive cash payments in their accounts.

My question is whether this welcome development -- LL making goodwill payments for inconveniences and financial disruption suffered by residents -- will extend to people who've been inconvenienced by the odd glitch that now and again disrupts the seamless efficiency with which the Marketplace normally runs.

If upper management gets wind of this and can find out who is doing it, I am pretty certain a Skype call would follow...

Translation:

I believe upper management would love to get rid of the current crop of "residents", so that they can be replaced with "players". That means whoever is doing this will be fired if caught.

Exception:

Upper management knows they need the Atlas members to keep them afloat until the transition to a gaming platform is complete. I would bet only Atlas members are seeing these credits, and as is usual with LL's logic, it is inconsequential since L$2000 is smaller than a drop in the ocean.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

What is an Atlas member?

A sekrit class of land barons given bulk discounts for their volume. Some locked into grandfathered rates as well. Rumored to have their very own version of pant-less Linden bear.

On the goodwill thing. Goodwill is good. Trust in financial systems by large companies where it doesn't happen in the first place is better.

Unless more people may have lost more money to the system than the goodwill given back out, in which case it's a dance as in refunding merchants who are still being billed for ads that they can't cancel.

By the way, belated answer on the Magic 8-Ball question ... it has 20 possible replies.

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

What is an Atlas member?

A sekrit class of land barons given bulk discounts for their volume. Some locked into grandfathered rates as well. Rumored to have their very own version of pant-less Linden bear.

<snip>

By the way, belated answer on the Magic 8-Ball question ... it has 20 possible replies.

Ahhhh ok - re: Atlas members.  Is that anything like the Skull and Bones Society?

Thank you for the Magic 8-Ball answer.  Gah...now I wish I would have kept mine - it would be a collectible, although I think they are still being produced.  But mine would have been speshul. *nods*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.