old people in Sansar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i am not sure if its the best if we keep our current rez date, because it indicates the day that we first rez in Second Life. being Sansar another world, there must be an indication of the first day that we rez in Sansar, the two dates could be shown side by side, but i dont think that Linden Lab find it necessary to show both dates, maybe it will cause the new Sansar residents to feel "discriminated", asking themselves why some residents have 2 dates and they only have one, like what happened with last names, some residents were asking why they didnt have one while others have a last name, that divided the users in 2 camps. I think Linden Lab will evade that separation, everybody will have just one date showing, the first day they rez in Sansar.

maybe the only separation they could make is a special priviledge badge for beta testers of Sansar, like they did with the beta testers of Second Life.

Chronometria wrote:

Well, so long as I finally get a surname, i`m happy.

it seems that is going to be quite a bit different in how accounts are managed. Going off what Ebbe Linden has mentioned when outlouding his thinking

seems there is going to be a login account ID/name which may be secret from other people inworld (for LL authentication purposes)

And then a main avatar (our inworld default) which may or may not have the same login name (as we choose) inworld. And then we can have multiple inworld alts under the same account

so login with authenticator name. Pick inworld avatar from own list of avatars and go

if this is how it works (and I dunno if it is) then is pretty possible that we can have lastnames or not on our inworld avatars as we choose. Each inworld avatar with own unique key as well, known publicly to all other users inworld (same as it is now)

the unique key of the login account known only to LL  

+

eta

i would think that even if we only make 1 avatar (our main) and not bother with any alts then the keys of our main avatar and login account will be different

irihapeti wrote:

Chronometria wrote:

it seems that is going to be quite a bit different in how accounts are managed. Going off what Ebbe Linden has mentioned when outlouding his thinking

seems there is going to be a login account ID/name which may be secret from other people inworld (for LL authentication purposes)

And then a main avatar (our inworld default) which may or may not have the same login name (as we choose) inworld. And then we can have multiple inworld alts under the same account

so login with authenticator name. Pick inworld avatar from own list of avatars and go

if this is how it works (and I dunno if it is) then is pretty possible that we can have lastnames or not on our inworld avatars as we choose. Each inworld avatar with own unique key as well, known publicly to all other users inworld (same as it is now)

+

eta

i would think that even if we only make 1 avatar (our main) and not bother with any alts then the keys of our main avatar and login account will be different

Sounds a great mechanism for virtual identity theft.

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

Chronometria wrote:

+

eta

Sounds a great mechanism for virtual identity theft.

i be interested to read your supporting argument

+

+

eta

aah! i see what you maybe thinking. My last line maybe ?!

explanation of how these kinds of ID systems work

account loginname (known to user and host (LL)

account passphrase (known only to user) (saltmapped on host)

loginkey(uuid) known to host only

inworld main

- public name chosen by user. known to all

- public key (uuid) assigned by system. known to all

inworld alt(s)

- public name chosen by user. known to all

- public key (uuid) assigned by system. known to all

uuids are hierachial

login uuid

- main uuid

- alt uuid

- alt uuid

the login uuid serves the same purpose as an address

irihapeti [uuid main] @ uuid login

Jane Doe [uuid alt]  @ uuid login

nobody other than the host knows what the @ address is

+

ps. dunno if LL will actually do this kinda ID system. Is speculation

irihapeti wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

A waste of time for both of us then.

for you maybe

Then you must value your time considerably less than I value mine. That figures.

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

for you maybe

Then you must value your time considerably less than I value mine. That figures.

the time blackboard monitors spend on monitoring blackboards is valuable yes. Is right up there with hall monitors

irihapeti wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

for you maybe

the time blackboard monitors spend on monitoring blackboards is valuable yes. Is right up there with hall monitors

I charged £1,200 a day for my services just before I started charging by results instead of for my time.

But that was back in the 1980s, when football players didn't earn a million pounds a month, and I still thought I should be working for a living.

I value my leisure time much more highly.

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

for you maybe

I charged £1,200 a day for my services just before I started charging by results instead of for my time.

But that was back in the 1980s, when football players didn't earn a million pounds a month, and I still thought I should be working for a living.

so whats your leisure time worth now? about what? two times the amount you get for results. 5 times? 10 times?  like is it worth 12,000 pounds? maybe 100 times. 120,000 pounds

can see why you would spend that time tho on this forums. I am easy worth that much

jejeje (:

irihapeti wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

so whats your leisure time worth now?

can see why you would spend that time tho on this forums.

You seem to have missed the point. It is the time I do NOT spend on the forums which is my leisure time.

This is pro bono work, which you might consider a penance - although I feel no contrition for my sins - attempting to educate the disadvantaged.

irihapeti wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

for you maybe

so whats your leisure time worth now? about what? two times the amount you get for results. 5 times? 10 times?  like is it worth 12,000 pounds? maybe 100 times. 120,000 pounds

can see why you would spend that time tho on this forums. I am easy worth that much

jejeje (:

Hold on there! I think you're presuming people actually paid the rate he charged, and that charging for results yielded an improvement in billings. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I won't quibble with your intimation that he might value his time 100x more than the amount he gets for results.

And I'll freely admit that you are easily worth that much to me.

ZoeTick wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

so whats your leisure time worth now?

can see why you would spend that time tho on this forums.

You seem to have missed the point. It is the time I do NOT spend on the forums which is my leisure time.

This is pro bono work, which you might consider a penance - although I feel no contrition for my sins - attempting to educate the disadvantaged.

120,000 pounds an hour of pro bono work. woooo!!

if do 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year then is 249.6 million pounds

can do all this pro bono for the United Nations. They be ever so grateful. You will be the 3rd largest contributer after the US and Japan

the UK be even more happy, if you pro bono for them. Like they wont have to contribute anything. You can do it all for them. And you still have like 150 millions spare

can even cover the bottom 128 nations as well. for 10 million about. and still have like 30 millions about spare

you will be legend. The No.1 goto guy in the whole world. At least 129 countries when they have a international situation will go: oh! noes!! what we gunna do?? who we gunna call??  And they will go: call blackboard monitor guy. He will fix it. He can fix everything

(:

irihapeti wrote:

you will be legend. The No.1 goto guy in the whole world. At least 129 countries when they have a international situation will go: oh! noes!! what we gunna do??
who we gunna call??
  And they will go: call blackboard monitor guy. He will fix it. He can fix everything

(:

Ahem. I believe you need to be careful what you write. A certain phrase might be under copyright protection.

Not by me, of course, but by the people whose stuff I totally ripped off in this picture.

Buster.jpg

irihapeti wrote:

old people in Sansar

When I read the title of this thread, I thought you were going to be creating a retirement community on LL's new platform.

...Dres *is sad because now he doesn't know where he'll go when he starts suffering from virtual dementia*

P.S. ...too late.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

old people in Sansar

When I read the title of this thread, I thought you were going to be creating a retirement community on LL's new platform.

...Dres *is sad because now he doesn't know where he'll go when he starts suffering from virtual dementia*

P.S. ...too late.

is never too late

like Ebbe Linden said one time. In Sansar you be just like in SL. Older maybe, BUT BETTER (:

irihapeti wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

old people in Sansar

P.S. ...too late.

is never too late

like Ebbe Linden said one time. In Sansar you be just like in SL. Older maybe, BUT BETTER (:

Oh yes, definitely... older is better.  There's nothing sexier than a well hung, heavily endowed colostomy bag.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.