Jump to content

Dresden Ceriano

Advisor
  • Content Count

    5,189
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dresden Ceriano

  1. Alternatively, you could refrain from posting that which has already been posted and addressed. ...Dres
  2. Perrie Juran wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: When I read The Color Purple, it took me pages upon pages to get used to the phonetic manner in which it was written. Eventually, I got with it and enjoyed it immensely. A single forum thread will never allow for such intellectual integration and is therefore rendered practically indecipherable. Which is the very reason why I decided to discontinue trying to read EBM555's posts after suffering through two of them. ...Dres You should try reading Moby Dick. I did, but it was far too long ago for me to remember anything about it other than the fact that I read it. One of my all time favorite books was one of the most difficult for me to read... you might say it was the best of times and yet the worst of times. ...Dres
  3. Snowgoose Yootz wrote: /me Hurls another insult........if you don't "spend much time in SL" what do you possibly think you can do by commenting here? Get in world and check it out for yourself before you crown yourself as any kind of dictator! FIFY ...Dres *waves at Maddy*
  4. Snowgoose Yootz wrote: My own personal view now is that I couldn't give a flying F what PV's do, as long as it dosn't involve my avatar in any way, and that INCLUDES being on some two-bit PV database. I was hoping that eventually you'd take my advice, even if it meant that you first had to convince yourself that you came up with it on your very own. I'm sincerely proud of you. ...Dres
  5. Innula Zenovka wrote: CleoSertorii wrote: Innula Zenovka wrote: I very much doubt that's the kind of script she's talking about, since, as the article to which you link explains, it's meant to be worn by the avatar who is doing the following. It's the same kind of thing that slave collars use. I thought she was describing how she was dragged around against her will by people using a scripted object. I know how that's done, and it's a completely different function. As I said, it only works on land where push is enabled (because you can push people towards yourself as well as away from you). No, sorry if i was unclear in any way. The follower that i was describing allows the person using it to follow another avatar around, not drag their avatar against their will. The times it has been used on me, I could freely move my avatar around anywhere like usual (including flight), but the progeny who had attached themselves to me would be able to follow me no matter where I went on the sim, and if i stopped moving for even one second, they would be practically sitting in my lap. Teleporting away to another sim would break the link, but coming back again, the follower would reaquire my avi almost instantly. I have seen two versions of this follower...one simply allows the user to follow another avatar to stay in feeding range (2m for progeny), and the other would do the same thing except their avatar would be ON yours, using a hug animation. Moving anywhere would drag them with you, even though they were the one who initiated it. Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought that you were being trapped in some way by this script. Then that does look like what they were using. What threw me is that what you describe is the griefer simply automating something he could do anyway -- follow you around. The script's not doing anything that couldn't be better (though more laboriously) done with the mouse and arrow keys. I'm not sure what the point of using the script is, other than simple laziness. Be that as it may, at most venues, the solution would be clear -- complain to the landowner or someone in a position of authority at the venue that this guy is harassing you. If that happened at one of the locations in which I'm involved, we'd tell him to stop and, if he continued to make a nuisance of himself, we'd eject and ban him. I do understand your point, but it seems to me best understood as "LL don't do enough to prevent griefing on LL-owned land" rather than something about Progeny in particular. It seems to me -- unless I've misunderstood again -- that Progeny members can, in the normal course of events, persue their RP with far less disruption than do Bloodlines players, since they don't harass people with unsolicited bite requests. Indeed, the general complaint is that people playing Progeny are secretive and clandestine about what they're doing, while your complaint is the complete opposite -- the people you encountered made a very public nuisance of themselves, which would have resulted in their being banned from most places in SL. Essentially, if you're on one of our regions and complain to one of our managers that the guy over there is harassing you by following you round and putting himself into hug animations, the manager will deal with it in short order. If, however, your complaint is simply that the guy standing over there, apparently minding his own business, is, in fact, using a HUD to pretend to bite people without anyone being aware of it, it's much less clear to me what harm he's doing and what you want our manager to do about it. Oh... I get it. I suppose I was as mistaken as you. In which case, I apologize to both Cleo and LadyShad0wz for suggesting any sort of nefarious intent, concerning this scripting matter, on either of their parts. I still contend that no harm is being done by those merely using the Progeny system in order to pretend to bite people. @Cleo: One of the first things I said directly to you in this thread is basically that I don't believe that whatever harassment you may have been subject to by certain individuals should be condoned in any way, by anyone. I still believe this to be the case. I also happen to believe that your hatred of Progeny is more harmful to yourself than any sort of incidental Progeny-affiliated griefer. ...Dres
  6. Drake1 Nightfire wrote: EBM5555 wrote: Nihil curo de ista stulta sentis! Oh no.. Was I supposed to conjugate that ancient Latin verb or use the subjunctive form? I like to get real down and dirty, elbow deep into some colloquialisms. Yeah baby google that and see if you wanna join me on that. OmG please dont even attempt to go gramar nazi on me. Unless you can do a complex verb synopsis in any of the dead languages or are teaching English writing on a Uni level. Maybe you should learn to read typoneese being that you live in a virtual world and all. Cause I'm not trying to spell check nuffin unless it to wim me anodder 59k in scholarship moneh. Bet you hated reading Twain in 8th grade? Do you get me? I spend my whole life on words. Will not be bothered to try at all on this forum. It was 3am jezzus lady. I been a lookylou on this forum for months and seen u always bein rude and snarky! Here i post once in my f*ing sl life and bam like flie to **bleep** your on my ass. i promise u , i will never respond to u again! Serioulsy i see u every where being sharp tougne and dual witted. Oh u wont be able togoogle thatlatin slam i ,ade for u, but let me help it says I am not interested in your stupid opinions! Said in the same languagePontius Pilate said toJezus. Firstly, that isn't typonese. That is ghetto trash. Typing phonetically is stupid. You have to purposely misspell the words. A book is different than a forum. Here we are discussing things with others rather than spinning a tale and having the characters speak in various dialects. Oh and the Latin phrase you were looking for... De ista tua stulta non sum sententiae, is a bit closer. When I read The Color Purple, it took me pages upon pages to get used to the phonetic manner in which it was written. Eventually, I got with it and enjoyed it immensely. A single forum thread will never allow for such intellectual integration and is therefore rendered practically indecipherable. Which is the very reason why I decided to discontinue trying to read EBM555's posts after suffering through two of them. @EBM5555: You really are doing yourself a disservice... unless, of course, this is some sort of self-satisfying, linguistic art project. In which case, knock your lights out. ...Dres
  7. Spinwilly Saiman wrote: Re: Perhaps all it takes is to be able to spell "griefer" correctly. Thanks for the spell check. Your help in this area is invaluable. If you find any other errors, grammatical or otherwise, please don't hesitate to bring them to my attention. Indeed, there's a possibility that the misspelling of 'greeefer' under details got the AR summarily dismissed. It's also quite possible that some Lindens are elitist nerds who can become highly aroused in their quest for the picking of nits. It's a mystery. As far as I know, Pep hasn't taken a position as a LL support team member... yet. ...Dres
  8. There was no implication in what I wrote, what I wrote exactly states that which I meant... nothing more, nothing less. If you've chosen to read more into it than that which was written, then so be it. If you think for a second that my purpose here is to offer you advice, you are sadly mistaken. What I've tried to do is point out the error of your ways. I do so not for your benefit, but to hopefully guide those who might be subject to falling for your hyperbolic rhetoric. As long as they're not impeding anyone else's experience, I believe that anyone who wishes to partake in the glorious ability to construct their own SL as they see fit should be able to do so, unobstructed by some obtuse busy bodies who take it upon themselves to try to force their fellow users to act according to some opaque moral code... or, as you like to call it, principles. Obviously, we will never see eye to eye on this matter. Taking that into account, I'm more than willing to drop it right where it is. But, I assure you that, should you decide to continue posting your ridiculous rhetoric in this forum, I'll be here to provide a counterargument. Unless, of course, I'm too busy with RL... in which case, I'll get back to you eventually. ...Dres
  9. CleoSertorii wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: Why waste your time, Innula? It's perfectly clear that neither Cleo nor LadyShad0wz have any idea whether or not what they've suggested could be or ever actually was scripted, much less that such scripting is included in the Progeny system. What you're seeing here is the product of either rampant speculation or outright, fear mongering. And, I wouldn't discount the possibility of both being in play. ...Dres /shakes her head and sighs....Dres, again you are demonstrating your trollishness here, and your lack of reading ability. Not once did any one here say or imply that the follower we have observed was a part of the progeny hud. in fact, I am pretty sure it is an entirely seperate hud, as I have seen other people i know (non progeny) using something similar. For you to go as far as practically accusing us of making this up is just out of line., and falls under the category of baseless accusations. I have seen this follower in action on a daily basis. It has been used on me many times, always by progeny. How about this, why don't you log into SL and go to Social Island at prime progeny gathering time and see for yourself? You crossed the line here, dres...i don't lie. I didn't say you were lying, I said you have no idea if the type of scripting you spoke of is even possible. Tbh, I don't know whether it's possible either, but I'm not the one ascribing such devious activity to a whole group of people with no proof of it's actual existence. What I'm entirely certain of is the fact that, should you discontinue bothering Progeny RPers, they will eventually discontinue bothering you. Why don't you go inworld, try that and see for yourself? ...Dres
  10. I've been in SL for many, many years now and I can count how many times I've run across an actual, reportable pedophile inworld on one hand with at least one digit to spare. As I've previously suggested to you here, within this very forum, you might want to consider reevaluating the types of groups you join and friends you make in SL in order to better avoid such nonsense. ...Dres
  11. Dillon Levenque wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: Dillon Levenque wrote: Most of us have principles. That's the thing, Dillon... Cleo is seemingly unable to understand that anyone with whom she disagrees is disagreeing with her on principle. She keeps stating that I've no stake in this argument, framing me as some sort of troll, all while completely disregarding the fact that my counter-argument is entirely based upon my perception of what is actually the principle of the matter. So, shoot me for trying to understand why Cleo and Gooseneck and whomever else that believes as such can't understand this basic principle of freedom. ...Dres I probably shouldn't mention this, but since when has 'probably shouldn't' been a barrier? I seriously considered putting in this parenthetical after 'most of us have principles': (well, not Dresden of course, but most of the rest of us). I was afraid you'd come down on me for even suggesting you might be a principled rogue, rather than the unprincipled variety. :-) LOL!!! As romantic as it may sound, I'm nothing near what anyone would consider to be a rebel without a cause. ...Dres
  12. Innula Zenovka wrote: LadyShad0wz Greymoon wrote: The type of script she's talking about is listed here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/AvatarFollower They have scripters may have rewrote that script to allow it to work in No script areas, I know of it , because back when I was apart of Progeny a friend of mine and I were developing a HUD that didn't go anywhere. It was just used for us, after the friendship ended however. It was given out to a few others, and I don't know what or where went afterwards. I'm going on Two years out of Progeny and I must say I'm loving it. Then again I don't go into SL all that often as I play games online now, and have no real desire to sit in SL dealing with the progeny BS anymore. I very much doubt that's the kind of script she's talking about, since, as the article to which you link explains, it's meant to be worn by the avatar who is doing the following. It's the same kind of thing that slave collars use. I thought she was describing how she was dragged around against her will by people using a scripted object. I know how that's done, and it's a completely different function. As I said, it only works on land where push is enabled (because you can push people towards yourself as well as away from you). Why waste your time, Innula? It's perfectly clear that neither Cleo nor LadyShad0wz have any idea whether or not what they've suggested could be or ever actually was scripted, much less that such scripting is included in the Progeny system. What you're seeing here is the product of either rampant speculation or outright, fear mongering. And, I wouldn't discount the possibility of both being in play. ...Dres
  13. No... you must update each and every outfit one by one. ...Dres
  14. ZoeTick wrote: If you have a male avatar, and they are partnered with a female avatar who is not your real life wife and your real life wife starts playing sl and you have an SL affair with your real life wife without telling your SL partner is that cheating. And on who? Or whom? Who cares if it's cheating? More importantly, what's deplorable is that you're having sex with your RL wife in VR rather than in person. ...Dres (Unless, of course, she hasn't hit the douche bag in months and desiccating tuna is the cat food catch of the day... in which case, VR and only VR, sweety.)
  15. CleoSertorii wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: Dillon Levenque wrote: Most of us have principles. That's the thing, Dillon... Cleo is seemingly unable to understand that anyone with whom she disagrees is disagreeing with her on principle. She keeps stating that I've no stake in this argument, framing me as some sort of troll, all while completely disregarding the fact that my counter-argument is entirely based upon my perception of what is actually the principle of the matter. I contend that people should be allowed to conduct themselves as they wish, as long as their conduct doesn't infringe upon anyone else's right to the quiet enjoyment of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. On principle, I'm totally against anyone who would seek to impose their will upon a group of people who's conduct is in no tangible way threatening to thier own happiness. In other words, I'm a big advocate of live and let live and, while there's sometimes good reason for this sort of contentious debate surrounding the matter in RL, this instance in SL is quite simple, as far as I'm concerned... that being, "mind your own damned business and go about your merry way". So, shoot me for trying to understand why Cleo and Gooseneck and whomever else that believes as such can't understand this basic principle of freedom. ...Dres after all of this time, you still don't get it, do you? Much of progeny's activity goes against exactly what you said (bolded part above). Their conduct DOES infringe upon my enjoyment of my SL time, so I have every right to say something about it. Do I really have to spell it out for you...again? Or will you just keep on ignoring the relevant points that I have made at least a dozen times by now? You keep going on about "no tangible way", despite the very tangible examples that I have presented, which leads me to believe that you are conveniently ignoring those points. In any case, nothing you say will convince me to change my mind about this, or change how i deal with it, because I don't see you honestly trying to understand things from my point of view. Maybe that's just a result of incompatable communication methods, but I suspect it is something else. Either way, I have no plans to adjust the way I do things to suit how you think I should do them. You have never shone anything close to tangible proof that the Progeny system itself is harmful to anyone in any sort of way. Your accusations are all based upon anecdotal evidence made highly suspect by your own admitted instigation of such instances. It's my continuing contention that you, and the likes of you, are actually the ones causing the problems and not the players of Progeny. ...Dres
  16. CleoSertorii wrote: I suggest you go back to that supposed sage and ask them to explain to you what it means to reply to the post and not the poster. Every critique I've delt you here in this thread has been a direct result of what you yourself have written here in this thread. Yes, I've made observations about your behavior (as described by you) and speculated about what would motivate someone to behave in such a manner. That alone in no way equates to judging someones character as a whole. I did admit to treating you harshly when you first started posting to this thread, having conflated you with Goose and Friends, who'd just started resorting to calling me names because they didn't like what I had to say to them about this specific situation. I apologized to you for that and haven't lumped you in with them since. I suppose that just wasn't drama-inducing enough for you to notice. Perhaps if you'd concentrate more on how you operate on the forums than on how I do, you'd be a whole lot better off. ...Dres Your critiques have consitently ignored at least half of the points that I have brought up, and there is more to the story than what I have written in this thread. Your replies to me have been at best mildly condescending to obviously sarcastic, so excuse me if i have developed a bad impression about you based on that (and prety much every other post of yours I have read, both in this thread and in others. Yes, you did admit that, but i was not aware that I needed to acknowledge it, but again, right here is a perfect example of the judging and condescention ("wasn't drama-inducing enough") that I have been talking about. Contrary to what you might think, this is not, and never has been, about drama. If i wanted drama that badly, don't you think I would be posting FAR more often in the forums as I do? I have very strong feelings on this one subject, but that hardly qualifies me as wanting drama. Well, thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to give it some thought Ok, I'm done thinking about it I don't blame you for developing a bad impression of me, just based upon the way I treated you when you first posted to this thread. Lets face it, I wasn't just "mildly" condescending. I find it quite amusing that you admit to being the type of person for whom the acknowledgement of an apology should be purposefully withheld. *shrugs* You've also misinterpreted what I was saying. It wasn't my intention to imply that you were seeking out drama, but rather that, since drama wasn't involved, you weren't interested... there's a difference. By "advice", I suppose you mean my suggestion that you concentrate more on your own posting practices than you do on mine (and by that I meant anyone else's). In which case, I must inform you that disregarding this particular suggestion may be detrimental to your well being. After all, (as I've said before) it's much easier to modify your own behavior than it is to force someone else to modify theirs. ...Dres
  17. Dillon Levenque wrote: Most of us have principles. That's the thing, Dillon... Cleo is seemingly unable to understand that anyone with whom she disagrees is disagreeing with her on principle. She keeps stating that I've no stake in this argument, framing me as some sort of troll, all while completely disregarding the fact that my counter-argument is entirely based upon my perception of what is actually the principle of the matter. I contend that people should be allowed to conduct themselves as they wish, as long as their conduct doesn't infringe upon anyone else's right to the quiet enjoyment of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. On principle, I'm totally against anyone who would seek to impose their will upon a group of people who's conduct is in no tangible way threatening to thier own happiness. In other words, I'm a big advocate of live and let live and, while there's sometimes good reason for this sort of contentious debate surrounding the matter in RL, this instance in SL is quite simple, as far as I'm concerned... that being, "mind your own damned business and go about your merry way". So, shoot me for trying to understand why Cleo and Gooseneck and whomever else that believes as such can't understand this basic principle of freedom. ...Dres
  18. Derek Torvalar wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: Derek Torvalar wrote: POOP I'll see your POOP and raise you a PROJECTILE VOMIT. ...Dres POOP is an acronym I made reference to in another thread. Hint: It was illuminated parenthetically that I refrained from being too obvious. I have had a change of heart. Kudos if you can find it. Bob evidently has. Well, you're no fun. I thought we were RPing some sort of excrement-based poker tournament. If I knew you were just trying to sell hamburgers, I'd have answered differently. ...Dres (Yeah, that's the only acronym for POOP I could find... you win.)
  19. Derek Torvalar wrote: POOP I'll see your POOP and raise you a PROJECTILE VOMIT. ...Dres
  20. Cinnamon Mistwood wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: Well now... I suppose you've gotten me all figured out. And with access to such little an amount of information... you should be really proud of yourself. ...Dres P.S. Um, I forget... can someone remind me who I have to see in order to renew my Forum Elite membership card? *signs off on Dresden's Forum Elite membership card* There! It is good for another year. You're welcome. Yay... um, how do I get one of those non-expiring ones I like Drake has... or is he just more Elite than I? Cinnamon Mistwood wrote: It is hard to believe this is still going years later, but I fail to see how this type of role play really impacts anyone that is not part of the Progeny system. It doesn't. It never has. Just because a handful of people come back to this thread to complain every so often, doesn't give any more legitimacy to their argument than it had when this thread was first posted oh, so many years ago. I firmly believe that Progeny only affects those who consciously choose to be affected by it. Sure, if you waltz into a sim full of people and extemporaneously announce that there are vampires trying to drain everyone of their blood (as if pretend vampires silently pretending to drain pretend blood from pretend people is the most egregious pretend thing ever), you're going to get a reaction. What fun is simply going about your own business and letting other people go about theirs? Where's the drama in that? Some people are simply unable to comprehend that it's much more fruitful an endeavor to modify one's own behavior, than to try to force someone else (especially a group of them) to modify theirs. ...Dres *is most delusionally convinced that his invitation to join the FIC got lost in the mail*
  21. CleoSertorii wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: Well now... I suppose you've gotten me all figured out. And with access to such little an amount of information... you should be really proud of yourself. ...Dres P.S. Um, I forget... can someone remind me who I have to see in order to renew my Forum Elite membership card? Hey, I'm just following the advice of another forum sage who suggested that i do a bit of background research into the "players" who are regular posters in here. I did just that, and came up with my conclusion. Do i have you all figured out? Not likely, but i have seen enough to give me a general idea of how you operate on the forums. Oh, and before i forget, I just wanted to mention that you have basically done the exact same thing to me as you accuse me of doing to you, which is making judgments about my motives and character with very little information. The difference is that you have posted FAR more often in the forums than I have, so I have much more data to work with. I suggest you go back to that supposed sage and ask them to explain to you what it means to reply to the post and not the poster. Every critique I've delt you here in this thread has been a direct result of what you yourself have written here in this thread. Yes, I've made observations about your behavior (as described by you) and speculated about what would motivate someone to behave in such a manner. That alone in no way equates to judging someones character as a whole. I did admit to treating you harshly when you first started posting to this thread, having conflated you with Goose and Friends, who'd just started resorting to calling me names because they didn't like what I had to say to them about this specific situation. I apologized to you for that and haven't lumped you in with them since. I suppose that just wasn't drama-inducing enough for you to notice. Perhaps if you'd concentrate more on how you operate on the forums than on how I do, you'd be a whole lot better off. ...Dres
  22. Callum Meriman wrote: At least you don't have a 10" schlong to go with the boobies and oversized hips as seems to be the current flavour of the month. Oh, but no... that was sooooo last month. This month, it's the 12" johnson. ...Dres
  23. Pamela Galli wrote: Since when is giving a concise, simple reply to a question rude? Get with it, Pam... don't you know it's rude not to coddle people? ...Dres
  24. Well now... I suppose you've gotten me all figured out. And with access to such little an amount of information... you should be really proud of yourself. ...Dres P.S. Um, I forget... can someone remind me who I have to see in order to renew my Forum Elite membership card?
  25. CleoSertorii wrote: Oberon Eames wrote: ...In the world of Progeny we actually work very hard at building bridges of communication between members of the world community... Oh, i see. So that is why nearly every attempt of mine to communicate my concerns to progeny leadership are met with scorn, insults, laughter, or being ignored outright? yeah, thats building bridges...:matte-motes-bored: Lachiel himself evenm said that he doesn't care about non-players, other than the fact that they could, at some point, become players (at least that's what i got out of his comment). What "world sommunity" have you been trying to communicate with? It sure as hell aren't the quicks. Here is a challenge for you then, back up that claim with some real, tangible proof. Make a real effort to talk to us non-players about our concerns, and to try to see things from our point of view. The day i finally see something other than a condescending attitude coming from one of your diabolics or other leaders, is the day that i might actually start respecting a few of you. As disrespectful as are your actions toward a group of people who simply wish to roleplay in the matter in which they choose, without causing anyone any harm whatsoever (that can be tangibly proven), why should they care at all about garnering any sort of respect from you? What they do is simply none of your business... you earn your scorn by making it so. ...Dres
×
×
  • Create New...