Jump to content

Dresden Ceriano

Advisor
  • Content Count

    5,189
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dresden Ceriano

  1. Magnus Brody wrote: Methinks you are an idiot I believe being unfriendly, arrogant and superior are not actual violations of the ToS/CG... whereas, calling someone an idiot must certainly is. ...Dres
  2. Magnus Brody wrote: I remember a time when many of us fought long and hard to retain a GENERAL DISCUSSION forum mostly because, when the new forums were introduced, minus the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum, they were so prescriptive/specific and often irrelevant there was nowhere to ask general questions. Oh please... I played a large part in the fight for a GD forum and, as I remember, no one was fighting for a place to ask general questions, since there already was a place for that... namely, Answers. Granted, as screwed up as that place is, I'd never direct anyone there for any reason whatsoever... but, I certainly wouldn't complain about someone else doing so in a nonconfrontational manner, as Derek does. Magnus Brody wrote: Now it seems, unless we follow your rules of what is acceptable or post in fear of being grammatically corrected continually by your supercilious friend, the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum has become an unfriendly place to generally discuss anything. I don't make a habit of correcting people's grammatical mishaps, but, if there's one thing I've learned over the course of years which I've spent participating in forums, it's that avoiding grammatical mishaps is far more effective than getting all butthurt when someone points out that I haven't. ...Dres
  3. Starbie Serenity wrote: How do I place my profile or my group into a notecard so that people can click it and either join my group or friend me from my profile? Thanks Starbie If a person is too stupid to right click a notecard you've sent then and pull up your profile themselves, why on earth would you want them on your friendlist or in your group? ...Dres
  4. KillerSp3nc3r wrote: I dont ssee it being a bad idea me and my sl wife have been together on sl for almsot 2 years.. we met when i was a noobie but nothing was purced till 6 months later.. we are now together in rl and its going strong.. i believe be yourself in sl and rl will work out for everyone they should do it for sure So, were you the catfish or was that your wife? ...Dres
  5. Drake1 Nightfire wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: Pussycat Catnap wrote: And not in the 'subtle ways you need to understand women empowerment to get' but in ways like ending up with a 'dolcet sim' as a neighbor... or 'Gorean slave' concepts - the extremes of hateful misogyny. I just want to point out that, although I'm sure there are quite a few misogynistic, dulcet aficionados, the fantasy itself, though quite extreme, has nothing to do with misogyny and doesn't even necessarily have to be hatred-based. ...Dres I actually have yet to come across a sim that is male only, yet there are multitudes of female only ones. I love how some people keep saying SL is male dominated and sexist.. Yeah, us guys have it made in SL. Not. I assume your referencing sims in general, rather than dulcet based sims specifically. In which case, I believe there's a very good reason why female-only sims far outnumber male-only sims (and yes, they do exist). It's simple, if you think about it... straight men are far more prone to harass lesbians than are straight women to harass gay men. While I believe it's a shame they feel as if they've got to shut themselves away, I honestly can't blame them for doing so. ...Dres
  6. See this Jira... http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-6623. Pay close attention to Efran Loon's comment, specifically, "I accidentally noticed that if I hovered the mouse cursor over the area just above 'Profile' button and below the icons I got a drag to resize cursor! So I dragged it up and my Received Items came back." If that doesn't work, I suggest you perform a clean reinstall (link) and rebuild your settings instead of restoring them. ...Dres
  7. Pussycat Catnap wrote: And not in the 'subtle ways you need to understand women empowerment to get' but in ways like ending up with a 'dolcet sim' as a neighbor... or 'Gorean slave' concepts - the extremes of hateful misogyny. I just want to point out that, although I'm sure there are quite a few misogynistic, dulcet aficionados, the fantasy itself, though quite extreme, has nothing to do with misogyny and doesn't even necessarily have to be hatred-based. ...Dres
  8. Suki Hirano wrote: Is it true that I have to first buy some L, then wait a month or so, in order to sell L? I believe it's only a week. the limits are explained on your dashboard under Linden Exchange/Manage/Billing/Trading Limits. You can check what your limits currently are under Shop/My Funds. Suki Hirano wrote: Also is LindenX the only place to sell L? I believe so. Suki Hirano wrote: And about the RL currency, is it possible to sell L for Canadian dollars or is it USD only? It's USD only, then you'd have to covert it into your currency of choice. ...Dres
  9. LlazarusLlong wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: CleoSertorii wrote: It seems as though anyone who participates in this forum, but doesnt do it in exactly the way you (or LL, or Dres, or...) approve of, then somehow they are stupid, or immature, or lazy, or unthinking, or "fill in the blank with some derogatory term". The fact that you people cant see it makes it even worse. Awww, you thought of me... how sweet. I didn't know you cared. ...Dres I can't imagine why she would think that you, Derek and I might be considered to be associated with each other. I can... this is the very same person that chastised me for my supposedly condescending tone when I informed her that I believed the behavior, directed at a certain group of roll players, in which she herself stated that she was engaged, was inappropriate. Obviously, stating my opinion about the troubling aspects of her actions inworld make her feel as sad and guilty as does your and Derek's pointing out of the troubling aspects of her behavior here in the forums. LlazarusLlong wrote: And I am concerned that DejaHo might be upset to think that we were having a threesome without him making up the foursome. Nonsense, I'm sure Deja would only be upset had I yelled "Four!" ...Dres *only yelled three*
  10. CleoSertorii wrote: It seems as though anyone who participates in this forum, but doesnt do it in exactly the way you (or LL, or Dres, or...) approve of, then somehow they are stupid, or immature, or lazy, or unthinking, or "fill in the blank with some derogatory term". The fact that you people cant see it makes it even worse. Awww, you thought of me... how sweet. I didn't know you cared. ...Dres
  11. LlewLlwyd wrote: sex, violence and gratuitous idiocy Yep... that about describes my entire existence. ...Dres
  12. LlewLlwyd wrote: APRIL 1 was a couple of days ago. ***Anyone got any good images with the adam's apple photoshopped out?*** I heard Adam gave his apple to someone named Steve. ...Dres (Or was that his banana?)
  13. OMG! I think I done found meh da purfekt mayn. Ain't I purdy? ...Dres
  14. jmlamonico wrote: I realized that after I posted the first time, honey =) Oh, swell! Sounds like you're well on your way toward having a great time in SL. I wish you much luck... Dres
  15. Tomarax Davidov wrote: "If you can't say something nice, at least, try to sound intelligent." <-- this is the worst motto I've ever heard And yet, when I wrote that, I was smart enough to comprehend that basically only hyper-emotional idiots would think I was being serious. ...Dres
  16. Gavin Hird wrote: LlewLlwyd wrote: Gavin Hird wrote: I worked in Apple product management. I know my audience. ;-) And for the record, Photpshop was delveloped for the Mac as was Excel originally. FOR the record, a study comparing Apple and PC "audiences" found that the average reading age of documents produced on the former was mid-teens, and for PCs twenty-something, and that the former displayed five times as many orthographic errors of one kind or another. ***As you have conveniently demonstrated*** For the record a study of forum posters who gripe about typos usually have English as their only language, and are out of valid arguments. ;-) LMAO!!! You say that as if Llewie was actually trying to make a valid argument in the first place. ...Dres
  17. Gavin Hird wrote: I worked in Apple product management. I know my audience. ;-) OMG!!! How dare we question you? Now we know for certain that no one who isn't a complete Apple whore has any sort of creativity whatsoever. ...Dres
  18. Gavin Hird wrote: Making snide comments about it is futile. ;-) You like telling someone who's only trying to be helpful to go out and spend thousands of dollars on equipment they don't want, only to prove some meaningless point? I fully agree with you there. ...Dres
  19. Sassy Romano wrote: Dresden Ceriano wrote: Celestiall Nightfire wrote: Currently, the cases were "Christian" bakers refused to provide cakes for gay weddings, well those cases will most likely end up before the US Supreme Court, and I think that the Supreme Court will rule in favor of the "Christian" bakers to have "right of refusal". As the US Supreme Court will recognize the right of those who hold certain religious beliefs to be able to practice those beliefs. I don't want anyone to change their beliefs because of me (it would be nice, but it's not my objective at all). I just want to be treated like any other person walking off the street. Here's how a not too dissimilar case went in England http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-25119158 Wow, that's so very reminiscent of one of my own personal experiences. Back when my boyfriend (oh wait, fiance now) had been together for only a couple of years (we've been together for almost fifteen years now... damn, I'm old... lol), we decided to drive down to the Mississippi gulf coast, find a motel room and stay for a few days, basking in the glory of their sad, disgusting beaches. We made no prior plans and figured we'd just drive down the beachside highway and look for some place with cheap rooms. The first place where we stopped was quite nice and advertised rather cheap single-bed rooms. So we went in and spoke with the sweet, little receptionist working there. We asked for a room with one bed, at which point she informed us that we needed a room with two beds. We tried to correct her, stating that we only required one bed, at which point she informed us that since we were two men, we had no choice but to get a room with two beds (which was almost double the price). So, I thought to myself, "What the hell do we look like... Ricky and Lucy? Are we honestly going to be held to a standard codified by a 50's TV viewing audience?" That's when I turned to my boyfriend and said, "F this B, let's find someplace else to stay." And that's just what we did. But that instance of discrimination against me and my loved one will forever be present in my mind. No one deserves to be treated that way and it's my greatest hope that, before I die, no other gay person be treated that way without being able to inflict severe legal ramifications upon the perpetrators of such treatment. I don't wanna change people's minds... let them believe whatever the hell they want. As long as treat me as they would anyone else, I don't care what beliefs they hold. Take this as my being religiously intolerant... I don't care. I have no qualms about being intolerant of those who purposefully refuse to be tolerant of me. ...Dres
  20. Sassy Romano wrote: Benson Gravois wrote: That was a really stupid response. Does that mean I won't be getting a Christmas card then? The last Christmas card I sent was entirely debilitated by accidental side-boob... I haven't developed the depth of confidence in order to rectify my position henceforth. ...Dres *has since started worshiping Satan, as a more reliable alternative*
  21. Vivienne Schell wrote: Must be my mesh body. Or my meshed up sense of humor. ...Dres
  22. Tomarax Davidov wrote: But you sound pretty self-assured for someone who doesn't own one at all. So let me tell you what: You go spend $2500 on a MacBook Pro and then grab the latest Second Life client and see how hot it gets in about 10 minutes. Why in living hell would I ever shell out 25 hundred bucks for a proprietary system when I could build my own at half the price, which is just as powerful if not more; and has no overheating problem whilst running a Second Life client? ...Dres (...not to mention the ability to upgrade any component at any time I so choose.)
  23. LlewLlwyd wrote: Tomarax Davidov wrote: You go spend $2500 on a MacBook Pro DRES may currently be drunk, but even fully intoxicated he's not THAT stupid. ***What's your excuse?*** Damn you, Llew... stop posting what I'm thinking. ...Dres
  24. LlewLlwyd wrote: THIS is what I like to see! ***A thread that should initially have been posted in Answers being converted into a vulgar discussion; perfect*** In which case, I expect a rather vulgar engagement ring. ...Dres (Unless you, frankly, don't give a damn, my dear.)
  25. Celestiall Nightfire wrote: Currently, the cases were "Christian" bakers refused to provide cakes for gay weddings, well those cases will most likely end up before the US Supreme Court, and I think that the Supreme Court will rule in favor of the "Christian" bakers to have "right of refusal". As the US Supreme Court will recognize the right of those who hold certain religious beliefs to be able to practice those beliefs. This is just one example, but the case can be made that all people have the right to refuse service, based upon any reason, if one can deny service based upon religion. I think this is in keeping with the US Constitution, as a key element is "pursuit of happiness", and cannot (or should not) be forced into actions that deny that right. Which is different than someone's being denied service, as even though it may impact one's "pursuit of happiness", one is not being forced into an action against their will. Celestiall, I hope that you know that I love you very, very much. You are one of the few people at whom I look up to and admire greatly in SL... and that is very unlikely to change. That being said, I believe you are very mistaken on this particular issue. I don't want anyone to change their beliefs because of me (it would be nice, but it's not my objective at all). I just want to be treated like any other person walking off the street. I'm not the kind of guy that automatically announces I'm gay when I walk into a room or place of business. Hopefully you know very well by now that I'll be damned before I pretend I'm something I'm not. So, no... for most businesses, my sexual orientation matters not... but, for some it does. Picture yourself walking into a bakery, looking through their books with pictures of gorgeous wedding cakes, ordering the cake of your dreams, then going to sign a contract and being told that they won't bake a cake for your happy occasion simply because they disapprove of who you're marrying. At that point, would you honestly give a living crap about whatever backwards religious beliefs prompted them to reject your simple request for a cake? I mean honestly... it's just a cake, ffs. Our country fought a war to end slavery because we thought that was the right thing to do; we passed a civil rights bill because, as a country, we believed that we should all be treated equally. It's been a long time coming, but finally, homosexuals are being given that same consideration. For far to long, we've been denied our constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness. No anti-gay, religious idiots are going to get in the way of such progress. As a customer, I have the right to refuse giving a business my patronage should I disagree with the owners' insipid beliefs... but I don't believe for a second that those insipid owners should have a right to discriminate against me because of what I am. I'm not trying to change their beliefs or force my own beliefs upon them, I just want to be treated as would anyone else by those who choose to operate a business which is open to the public. ...Dres
×
×
  • Create New...